Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somali woman who alleged rape given jail term

Somali woman false rape news

[quote]A woman who accused Somalia's security forces of rape has been given a year jail term for making a false accusation and insulting a government body.

The journalist who interviewed her about the alleged rape, but did not report the story, was also found guilty by a judge in the capital, Mogadishu.

Judge Ahmed Aden Farah said the woman would not go to jail immediately as she is caring for a young child.

A BBC reporter in Mogadishu says there has been an angry reaction to the case.

She will spend one year in prison after finishing the breastfeeding of her baby
    *Nothing is as important as the importance of nothing*

RE: Somali woman who alleged rape given jail term

A year in prison for "offending state institutions" is not justice.

And I mistrust any instance of the Somali government imprisoning someone for accusing them of a crime.

There is a significant chance this woman was in fact raped, and the government is covering it up.

Comment

I'm a little suspicious as well. Sadly there is a lot of evidence of various Muslim countries covering up rape and persecuting the victims.
      Winter is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by 42hamneggs
        I'm a little suspicious as well. Sadly there is a lot of evidence of various Muslim countries covering up rape and persecuting the victims.
        G'day 42.

Interesting.

Can you show citations for this? I'd be interested in opening a new thread if there are.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. F
          Originally posted by 42hamneggs
          G'day 42.

Interesting.

Can you show citations for this? I'd be interested in opening a new thread if there are.

Thanks.
          I'm suspicious about it too, because it sounds like the kind of thing feminists would usually say. I already know that feminists make a whole load of bullshit claims about women's oppression in the west, so they've already lost my trust. I'm not going to believe feminist claims like those without evidence, because they could be no different than the ones made about the west.

Comment

Working...
          X