So-called Islamic State???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So-called Islamic State???

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau condemned the bombings on Twitter.

"So-called Islamic State has again proven itself an enemy of all Muslims. My thoughts are with victims of the Ramadan attacks in Iraq," Trudeau said.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-bombings.html

Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau is now referring to ISIS as a "so-called Islamic State" in light of this most recent deadly attack. He seems to be implying that ISIS does not represent Islam. Should we be buying this???
    Last edited by Autolite; 07-04-2016, 03:16 AM.
    "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Not sure why he's referring to it in that way, but the majority of global Muslims are not anything like ISIS, and are non-violent. The Qur'an specifically speaks about how a person should not be forced to convert to Islam, but it also has many contradictory passages, but so does the Bible. The difference being however that Muslims believe that the Qur'an is the literal word of God, and many Christians view the Bible as allegory in many contexts.

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
      Not sure why he's referring to it in that way.
      He's trying to promote the idea that these terrorist attacks are not influenced by Islam nor carried out by Muslims. He's appealing to the incomprehensibly stupid (the same folks that elected him)...
      Last edited by Autolite; 07-04-2016, 03:18 AM.
      "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Comment

The difference being however that Muslims believe that the Qur'an is the literal word of God, and many Christians view the Bible as allegory in many contexts.
        As a little kid, in church, the preacher told me in no uncertain terms that the christian bible was "the infallible word of god"! Was he lying to me or was he just wrong???

Comment

Back in School Days when we studied World History, we heard of a "contrivance" called "The Holly Roman Empire". In time that was debunked and said to have been neither "Holly", "Roman", nor an "Empire".

People need to remember these lessons from past history when looking at the new modern situations we find ourselves embroiled in.

(and pity those other poor people who live closer to the 13th century than to the present and could be lured into this deception. Still they have to be dealt with if they are going to cause harm to others under the cover of that same deception. I say deception as it gives a sense of justification through a contrivance.)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Autolite View Post
            As a little kid, in church, the preacher told me in no uncertain terms that the christian bible was "the infallible word of god"! Was he lying to me or was he just wrong???
            Did you grow up in a fundamentalist type of church? ''Fundies'' tend to believe this.

Comment

Did you grow up in a fundamentalist type of church? ''Fundies'' tend to believe this.
              It was a 'Salvation Army' type church. Are the Sally Anns considered fundamentalists???

Comment

It was a 'Salvation Army' type church. Are the Sally Anns considered fundamentalists???
                Yea, pretty sure they'd fall under the umbrella of fundamentalist. For example, the RCC doesn't teach that the Bible is entirely literal. I'm non-denominational now, and so I don't believe every word in the Bible is literal, much of it is metaphorical, such as the Adam and Eve story.

Comment

Yea, pretty sure they'd fall under the umbrella of fundamentalist. For example, the RCC doesn't teach that the Bible is entirely literal. I'm non-denominational now, and so I don't believe every word in the Bible is literal, much of it is metaphorical, such as the Adam and Eve story.
                  What about the 'Noah's Ark' story? Is it considered metaphorical too? It's no more or less ridiculous than the Adam and Eve story. For that matter what about the story of 'Creation'? How is the creation story any different from the others? In fact, the Adam-n-Eve story dove-tails with the creation story does it not???

(Why would the bible be written with allegory and metaphors anyway? A book that requires a perfect understanding for the disposition of one's eternal soul should not be subject to interpretation. I would think something as important as your eternal soul would require an instructional manual that is factual, accurate and easily comprehended with zero room for misinterpretation or misunderstanding. Does god just like fucking with people's heads?)
                  Last edited by Autolite; 07-04-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

He's trying to promote the idea that these terrorist attacks are not influenced by Islam nor carried out by Muslims. He's appealing to the incomprehensibly stupid (the same folks that elected him)...
                    Clearly there's a lot of retarded progressives out there who want to deny that there's any sort of Islamic link at all. And insist on calling Islamic terrorists lone wolves and psychos and wolf packs of lone psychos and whatever else.

But I can also grasp the motivation in not wanting to formally recognize or acknowledge a bunch of pirates by their preferred name.

You don't want to refer to your enemy by THEIR preferred name, historically we've always found other derogatory terms through which to refer to our enemy.

I guess calling them 'so-called' is just the limp-wristed PC libtard version of this trope.
                    "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx View Post
                      Clearly there's a lot of retarded progressives out there who want to deny that there's any sort of Islamic link at all. And insist on calling Islamic terrorists lone wolves and psychos and wolf packs of lone psychos and whatever else.

I guess calling them 'so-called' is just the limp-wristed PC libtard version of this trope.
                      Well Trudeau has painted himself into a corner on this issue. He hurriedly imported 25,000 Syrian refugees into Canada on the taxpayer's nickel. To claim that there weren't any ISIS sympathizers tagging along in those 25,000 is absurd.

Every statement he's made concerning the many attacks we've seen over the past several months, Trudeau has been very careful not to directly reference Islam. Unable to avoid recognizing the profoundly obvious connection indefinitely, he now has the audacity to imply that ISIS isn't really, truly Islamic. The really unsettling thing is that the Libtards will buy this (and of course Trudeau knows it).

Politically, after bringing thousands of Muslims into Canada, Trudeau can't afford to publicly acknowledge the reality of terrorism being associated with Islam...
                      Last edited by Autolite; 07-04-2016, 11:59 PM.

Comment

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-bombings.html

Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau is now referring to ISIS as a "so-called Islamic State" in light of this most recent deadly attack. He seems to be implying that ISIS does not represent Islam. Should we be buying this???
                        Gods no! He's playing for votes, as always.

Saying ISIS, or any or all terrorist groups do not accurately represent Islam is the same argument as any given well-known feminist with her writings in university textbooks doesn't accurately represent feminism.

No shortage of random, individual Muslims/Feminists available to support the erroneous idea as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X