Dallas Police Ambush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Police Ambush

"The suspect stated he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers," Brown said. "The suspect stated that he was not affiliated with any groups and he stated that he did this alone."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dal...-black-n605686
    Expect more of this as the provocateurs continue to fan the flames of racial hatred across the nation.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

The police keep killing people, especially black people, for little or no reason at all and they never face justice. It was inevitable that some of them would start fighting back.

It was a tragedy, but they brought it upon themselves; by killing people for no reason, by staying silent about other cops killing people for no reason, and by opposing justice for the victims.

I am under no delusion that the police exist for my safety.

Comment

I’d like to believe that most police officers are honest public servants, meaning they take their roles seriously in terms of protecting the public. But, if we ever doubt that racism is alive and well in the US, all we need to do is look at various police forces around the country. The latest shootings especially where two African American men were gunned down, were absolutely uncalled for, and those police officers should face criminal charges. Cultural and societal change doesn’t take shape by reacting with more unnecessary violence, though. So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
        I’d like to believe that most police officers are honest public servants
        Here's the thing:

Yes, you have a point; studies have shown that about 5% of police officers are responsible for 90+% of brutality complaints. They are obviously the bad ones.

What about the other 95%, though? It's not enough for those individuals to maintain honest behavior, they must hold their fellow officers to account, and they don't. They defend them, they lie for them, etc. It's not as obvious, but they are still bad.

And yes, race is still a huge part of the problem; the idea that it is a uniquely Southern problem is quickly dying, though.

Comment

Agree with you but in these two latest cases, it will be hard to lie about what happened since it is nearly plain as can be (in the videos) that both men were shot in cold blood. The one case where it was over a traffic stop for a burned out tail light blatantly shows the officer poised with his gun pointing at the guy he shot, who is dying as the seconds pass while watching the video. He should be calling 911, or an ambulance. He felt like his life was in danger? Pfft. Right. Hard to lie and get your buddies to lie for you, when a 5 year old could decipher who was in the wrong. It's really sad. The problem is in the hiring process, racists shouldn't be permitted on the force.

Originally posted by StrongSilentType View Post
          Here's the thing:

Yes, you have a point; studies have shown that about 5% of police officers are responsible for 90+% of brutality complaints. They are obviously the bad ones.

What about the other 95%, though? It's not enough for those individuals to maintain honest behavior, they must hold their fellow officers to account, and they don't. They defend them, they lie for them, etc. It's not as obvious, but they are still bad.

And yes, race is still a huge part of the problem; the idea that it is a uniquely Southern problem is quickly dying, though.

Comment

The problem is in the hiring process, racists shouldn't be permitted on the force.
            Actually, it's worse than that:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1295665

"A top Bronx cop was caught on tape telling an NYPD whistleblower to specifically target “male blacks 14 to 21” for stop-and-frisk because they commit crimes.
            “I have no problem telling you this,” the inspector said on the tape. “Male blacks. And I told you at roll call, and I have no problem [to] tell you this, male blacks 14 to 21.”
            Serrano told the court he taped McCormick because he had gotten poor performance reviews for failing to meet what he claims was the monthly quota of 20 summonses and five stops-and-frisk and wanted evidence to show he was being retaliated against.

For speaking out, the 43-year-old cop who joined the NYPD in 2004 testified earlier that he was smeared as a “rat” and ostracized by fellow officers."

Yea, there's individual racism involved, but also systemic racism, with a big helping of in-group preference. It's a gang, basically.

Comment

Oh gosh SST, I feel sick after reading that. That is so disturbing, it goes beyond comprehension. Wtf??!!

Comment

Another thing that I wanted to bring up was the continuing hypocrisy from both sides of the political spectrum:

When a white guy shoots a black guy, you hear talk about gun rights from both sides; but a (presumably? Has this been confirmed yet?) black guy shoots some white guys, you get silence from both sides.

The (actual) liberal media outlets (e.g. Huffington Post) are talking about how the NRA, normally quick to issue press releases on shootings, has no comment on this matter; at the same time, though, they are suddenly silent on gun control, as if they see the inherent logic of gun rights playing out in front of them, but are afraid that saying so would upset the anti-gun and racist crowds, not all of the latter being on the right.

The problem is that the leaders of both sides see no reason to solve any of these issues; they are nice and contentious, and keep us fighting each other while they collaborate to take our wealth and freedom.

Comment

Oh gosh SST, I feel sick after reading that. That is so disturbing, it goes beyond comprehension. Wtf??!!

Go read the whole thing; in another part, one officer notes that black people are more likely to have warrants out, because they tend to be poor and poor people in general get in more trouble. So stopping fewer of them will result in more arrests/summonses/tickets/etc than stopping the same number of white people. They have quotas, want to do as little work as possible, and this is the best way to do that.

That is "institutional racism." It doesn't require any single individual involved to have any racist tendency, at all, but you wind up with the same result. Even the brutality can be explained simply by more interactions with police likely to go bad, and the natural emotional response of black people feeling discriminated against making them more likely to resist.

Add on to that the few individually racist officers who know that their comrades will defend them pretty much regardless of their actions....

Comment

25% of those who die in police custody in the US are black, 95% are male.

In Europe very few people are shot by the police, and those who do get shot are almost exclusively those who have a gun in hand and are a direct mortal threat to the officer or others. The politicians need to set new rules of engagement for the police that restrict the valid reasons for firing a weapon. The police should not get to dictate the rules for the use of deadly force, the People's elected representatives should be doing that.

But the People's representatives would rather use each shooting as a political tool to gain advantage for their side, rather than solve the problem.
                    Liberty, Equality, Humanity

Comment

I saw a post earlier today stating how that person could remember when the Police were called "Pig's" as an act of civil dissonance. He said it took a long time to turn that around.

But today with gun and pawn stores on every street corner, the way Gas stations were once nearly on each corner of every intersection, it's just too easy to take up arms. Save your breath calling them "Pigs" or "Skin Head Nazi's".

When I was a kid I used to work in gas stations myself. I remember one Officer talking to some of us who worked there that the average distance in a gun fight was 4 feet. That came as an answer to why the standard issue side arm was a snub nose .38 caliber S&W. The barrel being only 1" long. Think of Lee Harvey Oswald being gunned down point blank.

And we were told that the new officer is generally put on night shift where he will meet the the worst 3% of the public.
                      That is to get them street wise and toughened up.

If this is still the case, the Police officers on night shift may not be the most experienced nor having the best judgement
                      in a crisis. Those taking up arms in the later evening hours may not be the people you would want with firearms.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thing is, we can all agree that police officers have an incredibly hard job, but shouldn't they at least need a reason to shoot? It shouldn't be that they get to shoot, and write the script as to what happened later, and everyone just automatically accepts it. It shouldn't be that the script automatically becomes ''I feared for my life,'' no questions asked. If someone doesn't have a gun drawn on you, or any other weapon, and isn't resisting arrest...how the eff is your life in danger? I'm hopeful that these cops will not get off, and that there will be some justice for these families.

Also, shouldn't a police officer have a reason to frisk or ask a person to step out of the car, or arrest someone? It shouldn't be permissible that a cop, just because he is a cop, should be able to ask you to do something, without a reasonable cause.

Goes without saying too, that these incidents damage the good reputations of very hard working, decent cops out there!!

Comment

Originally posted by StrongSilentType View Post
                          Another thing that I wanted to bring up was the continuing hypocrisy from both sides of the political spectrum:

When a white guy shoots a black guy, you hear talk about gun rights from both sides; but a (presumably? Has this been confirmed yet?) black guy shoots some white guys, you get silence from both sides.

The (actual) liberal media outlets (e.g. Huffington Post) are talking about how the NRA, normally quick to issue press releases on shootings, has no comment on this matter; at the same time, though, they are suddenly silent on gun control, as if they see the inherent logic of gun rights playing out in front of them, but are afraid that saying so would upset the anti-gun and racist crowds, not all of the latter being on the right.

The problem is that the leaders of both sides see no reason to solve any of these issues; they are nice and contentious, and keep us fighting each other while they collaborate to take our wealth and freedom.
                          That very well could be attributed to the fact that most of the time, when a black guy shoots a white guy, the media paints him as a thug, etc. When a white guy shoots a black guy (or shoots up a theater, a school, a church, etc) the guy had 'mental issues,' and needs help. Kind of like how women get off with the same types of ''excuses'' for killing people, as opposed to men. Even the middle eastern guy who shot up an Orlando night club 'had his reasons,' according to the media. But, if a black man had shot up that club...no one would have made excuses for his behavior, but as a culture, we try to find excuses for non-blacks as to why they commit murders, rapes, etc.

What begs the question though is this - were these cops who are involved in these shootings, racist to begin with before joining the force...or does being a police officer, and having to venture into some very dangerous neighborhoods 'create' this type of racism?
                          Last edited by Deidre; 07-08-2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

The issue is only about human nature.
                            Youre all so whiny because the truth is yr all flawed as deeply as the shooters OR the shootees.

"There but for the grace of god, go I" said my grandmother. Usually followed by 'count yr blessings"

This veneer of civilization we have gilt our souls in, is wearing though and the dirty shitty stuff underneath is starting show.
                            Keep kidding yrselves that youre all golden and perfect

FFS...there is no black and white...squealing 'institutional racism' is curtailing genuine discussion.
                            but, there I go being a 'bigot' again I suppose

we are a bunch of armchair pundits pissing and moaning without putting our arses on the line.

SST, get yr arse into a sqaud car...go on...change the 'system' from the inside
                            ...I didnt think so
                            ...so, keep squealing about inequity
                            ...mouthing anything that keeps you looking all shiney
                            ...and comes with maximum posture, but minimum risk.

...all I see bullshit
                            "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
                            "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

JFTR: The NRA issued this statement this morning.

(FAIRFAX, VA) - The following statement was issued this morning by Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President and CEO of the National Rifle Association of America.

"On behalf of the more than five million members of the National Rifle Association, and especially on behalf of our members from the law enforcement community, I want to express the deep anguish all of us feel for the heroic Dallas law enforcement officers who were killed and wounded, as well as to those who so bravely ran toward danger to defend the city and the people of Dallas.

With heavy hearts, NRA members honor their heroism and offer our deepest condolences to all of their families."

~ ~ ~

What do you expect them to say? "we were wrong, and are doing a 180 on gun control."

With crazy racist armed Leftists shooting up the country, the law abiding citizen needs access to the weapon of his choice now more than ever.
                              Liberty, Equality, Humanity

Comment

Working...
                              X