• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaken, not stirred

...or "not surprised, but disappointed":

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us...nton.html?_r=1

M

No, we've become used to the fact that democracy is a joke and that our self appointed elites do whatever it takes to stay in power. They can't even be bothered to hide it any more.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
      No, we've become used to the fact that democracy is a joke and that our self appointed elites do whatever it takes to stay in power. They can't even be bothered to hide it any more.
      Heh, heh...

Here in Canada Trudeau became Canada's king on the promise of legalized dope. I'm actually looking forward to the next federal election. To remain king he' s going to have to do better. I'm thinking free pizzas once a week for everyone with a blowjob included...
      "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by Autolite View Post
        once a week for everyone with a blowjob included...
        Turdeau will be busy!
        "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
        "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
          Turdeau will be busy!
          Personally, I think I'd settle for just the pizza...
          "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Comment

Well, we've known this was happening, of course. This part interested me, however:

In an email exchange that month, another committee official wrote to both Mr. Paustenbach and Amy Dacey, the committee’s chief executive, to suggest finding a way to bring attention to the religious beliefs of an unnamed person, apparently Mr. Sanders.

“It might may no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief. Does he believe in a God,” wrote Brad Marshall, the chief financial officer of the committee. “He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps.”

Mr. Marshall added in a second email: “It’s these Jesus thing.” Ms. Dacey wrote back, in capital letters: “AMEN.”
            This is "liberal?" I don't think so.

Both parties have become corporate-conservative; this may explain why only half of registered voters belong to either party.

Comment

Working...
            X