President Barack Obama Says, "This Is What a Feminist Looks Like"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Barack Obama Says, "This Is What a Feminist Looks Like"

So the president write an essay explaining why he is a feminist, and why we all should be feminists too:

http://www.glamour.com/story/glamour...ist-looks-like

There are a lot of tough aspects to being President. But there are some perks too. Meeting extraordinary people across the country. Holding an office where you get to make a difference in the life of our nation. Air Force One.

But perhaps the greatest unexpected gift of this job has been living above the store. For many years my life was consumed by long commutes*—from my home in Chicago to Springfield, Illinois, as a state senator, and then to Washington, D.C., as a United States senator. It’s often meant I had to work even harder to be the kind of husband and father I want to be.

But for the past seven and a half years, that commute has been reduced to 45 seconds—the time it takes to walk from my living room to the Oval Office. As a result, I’ve been able to spend a lot more time watching my daughters grow up into smart, funny, kind, wonderful young women.
    Considering that the president have quote the pay gap and other myths... I would not be surprise that he thinks that fathers are not in the life of their kids because they spend so much time driving around...

That isn’t always easy, either—watching them prepare to leave the nest. But one thing that makes me optimistic for them is that this is an extraordinary time to be a woman. The progress we’ve made in the past 100 years, 50 years, and, yes, even the past eight years has made life significantly better for my daughters than it was for my grandmothers. And I say that not just as President but also as a feminist.
    Yeah, I notice you don't have any sons... in this case i think it was just coincidence, though this days it is trending in feminism to abort boys.

In my lifetime we’ve gone from a job market that basically confined women to a handful of often poorly paid positions to a moment when women not only make up roughly half the workforce but are leading in every sector, from sports to space, from Hollywood to the Supreme Court. I’ve witnessed how women have won the freedom to make your own choices about how you’ll live your lives—about your bodies, your educations, your careers, your finances. Gone are the days when you needed a husband to get a credit card. In fact, more women than ever, married or single, are financially independent.
    Oh great, then lest please stop all the government programs to advance girls, their purpose was to archive equality, so now that we got it, lest call it a day

So we shouldn’t downplay how far we’ve come. That would do a disservice to all those who spent their lives fighting for justice. At the same time, there’s still a lot of work we need to do to improve the prospects of women and girls here and around the world. And while I’ll keep working on good policies—from equal pay for equal work to protecting reproductive rights—there are some changes that have nothing to do with passing new laws.
    I know right!, all those activist that have spend their lives in tweeter and tmblr... lest not pretend that was wasted time, they have archive so much...

In fact, the most important change may be the toughest of all—and that’s changing ourselves.
    Because we can't be accepted the way we are?

But honestly We can even have a sex change surgery if you like, and it will not be enough change for the feminism teams.

This is something I spoke about at length in June at the first-ever White House Summit on the United State of Women. As far as we’ve come, all too often we are still boxed in by stereotypes about how men and women should behave. One of my heroines is Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm, who was the first African American to run for a major party’s presidential nomination. She once said, “The emotional, sexual, and psychological stereotyping of females begins when the doctor says, ‘It’s a girl.’ ” We know that these stereotypes affect how girls see themselves starting at a very young age, making them feel that if they don’t look or act a certain way, they are somehow less worthy. In fact, gender stereotypes affect all of us, regardless of our gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
    So if it affects us all, then why you only focus in fixing how it affects girls?

Now, the most important people in my life have always been women. I was raised by a single mom, who spent much of her career working to empower women in developing countries. I watched as my grandmother, who helped raise me, worked her way up at a bank only to hit a glass ceiling. I’ve seen how Michelle has balanced the demands of a busy career and raising a family. Like many working mothers, she worried about the expectations and judgments of how she should handle the trade-offs, knowing that few people would question my choices. And the reality was that when our girls were young, I was often away from home serving in the state legislature, while also juggling my teaching responsibilities as a law professor. I can look back now and see that, while I helped out, it was usually on my schedule and on my terms. The burden disproportionately and unfairly fell on Michelle.
    Well you could have done what your mother did, and let grandma rise up the kids...

So I’d like to think that I’ve been pretty aware of the unique challenges women face—it’s what has shaped my own feminism. But I also have to admit that when you’re the father of two daughters, you become even more aware of how gender stereotypes pervade our society. You see the subtle and not-so-subtle social cues transmitted through culture. You feel the enormous pressure girls are under to look and behave and even think a certain way.
    OK, first of all, accordingly to feminism, you will never understand the struggles of being a woman, because you have a penis. Secondly, your girls live in a privilege position, you can actually create a bubble around them and isolate them from everything and anything that you dislike, so if they get expose to any harmful ideas, that is on you, man, no in culture.

And those same stereotypes affected my own consciousness as a young man. Growing up without a dad, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out who I was, how the world perceived me, and what kind of man I wanted to be. It’s easy to absorb all kinds of messages from society about masculinity and come to believe that there’s a right way and a wrong way to be a man. But as I got older, I realized that my ideas about being a tough guy or cool guy just weren’t me. They were a manifestation of my youth and insecurity. Life became a lot easier when I simply started being myself.
    Yeah, i don't have a father neither, in my case the struggles where less... philosophical, and more practical.. for instance I learn how to shave by watching YouTube videos, but there is things that you can't learn in YouTube.

But here is where we are walking different paths, in your case you want to give even more support to the single mother so she can be a better father of the kid, while in my case I think it would be much easier and better if instead the father just get to father his own kids.

So we need to break through these limitations. We need to keep changing the attitude that raises our girls to be demure and our boys to be assertive, that criticizes our daughters for speaking out and our sons for shedding a tear. We need to keep changing the attitude that punishes women for their sexuality and rewards men for theirs.
    Remember that line about how far we have gone in the pass 100 years?

I would make an argument that men are not rewarded for his sexuality... i will go so far as to claim that men are being punished for their gender.

We need to keep changing the attitude that permits the routine harassment of women, whether they’re walking down the street or daring to go online. We need to keep changing the attitude that teaches men to feel threatened by the presence and success of women.
    I am goign to be honest here, I feel threatened by the presence of any woman.

I can give you literary hundreds of examples where a woman can destroy me if she wants to... but here 3 examples:

-Me and a woman are going after the same promotion at work... She can get me out of the map by just making a simple accusation.

-A woman starts to go around telling people that I am her boyfriend, she even post this on Facebook... She probably thinks that I am insecure and need her to take "initiative" on our relationship... I am terrify how she is going to react when I set her records straight... will she say I hit her? will she say I toke advantage of her? will she say I rape her???

-I am sitting in a park with some friends, then this girl that looks about 14 years old shows up and says: "Every one of you are goign to give me 5 dollars Or I will tell to the cops that you sexually harass me"... what all do? easy, get the wallets out, pay her the money and as soon as she walk away everybody break to their own directions.

Obama, you are are a smart man, you understand the concept of "moral liability"? every time the government does something to protect the victims women of something, that is great, because they are getting protected from awful stuff, but you also have to aknodge that this opens the door for moral liabilities, for abuse of this laws, and this systems women can now victimize men.

We need to keep changing the attitude that congratulates men for changing a diaper, stigmatizes full-time dads, and penalizes working mothers. We need to keep changing the attitude that values being confident, competitive, and ambitious in the workplace—unless you’re a woman. Then you’re being too bossy, and suddenly the very qualities you thought were necessary for success end up holding you back.
    Yeah, that is great, but the people celebrating men changing diapers are the feminist team. You are the people who celebrate and encourage that stuff. That is your feminist culture.

We need to keep changing a culture that shines a particularly unforgiving light on women and girls of color. Michelle has often spoken about this. Even after achieving success in her own right, she still held doubts; she had to worry about whether she looked the right way or was acting the right way—whether she was being too assertive or too “angry.”
    Again, I am not responsible of the insecurities of your wife. I have a lot of insecurities of my own. I can't fix your wife.

As a parent, helping your kids to rise above these constraints is a constant learning process. Michelle and I have raised our daughters to speak up when they see a double standard or feel unfairly judged based on their gender or race—or when they notice that happening to someone else. It’s important for them to see role models out in the world who climb to the highest levels of whatever field they choose. And yes, it’s important that their dad is a feminist, because now that’s what they expect of all men.
    I don't know the girls in person, but honestly you should be more worried about them becoming bullies of other kids, or becoming spoiled entitle brats... that should be the kind of things that worried you.

It is absolutely men’s responsibility to fight sexism too. And as spouses and partners and boyfriends, we need to work hard and be deliberate about creating truly equal relationships.
    And fight with what? I've got nothing here, it is like if you are telling me that billionaires have problems and I should help them, when I am as broke as I can get.

The Idea that women are so fragile that they need men 24/7 to stand up for them, and encourage them, and protect them, and what not... is actually against feminist values, and against my personal means. From the feminist point of view men will be forcing women into a "damsel on distress" trope, from the men point of view, we can't afford the horse to become a white knight.

The good news is that everywhere I go across the country, and around the world, I see people pushing back against dated assumptions about gender roles. From the young men who’ve joined our It’s On Us campaign to end campus sexual assault, to the young women who became the first female Army Rangers in our nation’s history, your generation refuses to be bound by old ways of thinking. And you’re helping all of us understand that forcing people to adhere to outmoded, rigid notions of identity isn’t good for anybody—men, women, gay, straight, transgender, or otherwise. These stereotypes limit our ability to simply be ourselves.
    But this is all BS.

Lest break this down in pieces:

Feminism is the one that force people into outdated labels. For example everything they say about "toxic masculinity"

Celebrating a Ranger woman is the equivalent to celebrating a man changing diapers... get over it and move on.

Sexual orientation is not stereotypes... people will love who they love. You mention 5 specific sexual orientations, and you attack them all calling them outdated and insinuating that they are harmful stereotypes... here is the trick... get ready for this.... 4 of those 5 sexual orientations are protected...

This fall we enter a historic election. Two hundred and forty years after our nation’s founding, and almost a century after women finally won the right to vote, for the first time ever, a woman is a major political party’s presidential nominee. No matter your political views, this is a historic moment for America. And it’s just one more example of how far women have come on the long journey toward equality.
    OK so the next president have a vagina... Why is that so historically important?

You are the first president on the history of America that is a vagina, and nobody call it an historical event.

At this point you can't say that I am the one celebrating stuff like men changing diapers...

And I have say this before, I'm voting Hillary, and surprisingly it is not because vagina.

I want all of our daughters and sons to see that this too is their inheritance. I want them to know that it’s never been just about the Benjamins; it’s about the Tubmans too. And I want them to help do their part to ensure that America is a place where every single child can make of her life what she will.
    That is pretty fucked up. "Every single child" you say, and then you go on and make it clear you mean girls only... what about boys? they can't make of their lives what they will?

That’s what twenty-first-century feminism is about: the idea that when everybody is equal, we are all more free.
    Equal to what? Am I equal to your daughters? You want them to be equal to me?
    Last edited by simpleman; 08-08-2016, 12:15 PM.

I love your post, but unfortunately you're casting your pearls before swine.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.
    == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

Yeah whatever, who the fuck cares. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, bozo.
      Stay single and prosper!

Comment

I just love President Obama, always on top of his priorities. Lol
        /sarcasm

Comment

He choose his side, in this war everyone has to choose side, and he choose the wrong one.
          I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Comment

Trudeau and Obama are feminists. Enough said. Feminism is synonymous with spinelessness in men.
            “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
            ― Pythagoras

Comment

Obama has proven himself many times that he is not just a feminist, but someone that has contempt for men and zero sympathy for any issue men might face. He believes in tilting the playing field for women. Hillary Clinton will be more of the same. Probably worse

Comment

Originally posted by astr592 View Post
                Hillary Clinton will be more of the same. Probably worse
                If she even lives that long. What's with all her spazzing out? And then there's the mysterious hole cut out from her tongue.
                Stay single and prosper!

Comment

Originally posted by oldblueeyes View Post
                  Yeah whatever, who the fuck cares. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, bozo.
                  Canadians should care! We have as a 'president' the biggest mangina femtard on the planet and no way to get rid of him. The Americans at least have the 'two-term' limit. Canadians have just fucked themselves for potentially the lifespan of this Leftist turd POS...
                  "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Comment

Working...
                  X