Decoding Donald Trump’s ‘Sarcasm’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decoding Donald Trump’s ‘Sarcasm’

So recently the Trump claims that Obama and Hillary are the founder and co-founder of terrorist group IS...

I decided to wait for his people to come out explaining what he actually meant to say... While I was wondering... If Trump become the president, will he start a war on terror against the Democratic Party???

But eventually the explanation have surface, and it "sarcasm", the same excuse they had when Trump called for Russian hackers to attack the Secretary of State. SO this bring us to a new topic... why Trump's sarcasm is so awful, and, of course there is someone that will explain to us this:

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/...-sarcasm/?_r=0

Donald Trump claimed on Friday that when he said President Obama was the founder of ISIS, he was being sarcastic. He tweeted:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?
    5:26 AM - 12 Aug 2016
    Donald keep saying that word... I don't think that word means what he thinks it means.

What Mr. Trump said at a rally on Wednesday was that the president “is the founder of ISIS. He’s the founder of ISIS, O.K.! He’s the founder, he founded ISIS and I would say the co-founder would be crooked Hillary Clinton.”
    I am sure there is people around who will call this quote a masterpiece of political intelligence...

This is not sarcasm, which the Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines as “the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny.” The Washington Post offered a helpful example on Friday, titling a story on Mr. Trump’s tweet, “Donald Trump has an airtight, sensible excuse for why he said President Obama ‘founded ISIS.’”
    And this is what the 2016 elections have boiled down to... we are not even debating if the joke was funny or not, we are debating if it was even a joke.

It’s possible that Mr. Trump does not know what sarcasm is. It’s possible that he does know, and that he only tweeted about the ISIS comments again to keep the issue alive and to further stir up controversy. It’s also possible that what he says has essentially no relationship to what he actually means.
    So... basically nobody have an idea what is goign on under that weird looking wig.

About an hour after his sarcasm tweet, Mr. Trump tweeted:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    I love watching these poor, pathetic people (pundits) on television working so hard and so seriously to try and figure me out. They can't!
    6:43 AM - 12 Aug 2016
    I am not an expert on the topic... but I am on the idea that the less people understand him the less people vote for him...

He seems to be saying that he wants the media to misunderstand him, raising the possibility that he is simply uttering a stream of inflammatory gibberish in order to confuse journalists. Presumably, though, Mr. Trump wants his supporters to understand him.
    Sure... but he doesn't have enough supporters to win, so his plan should be something in the lines on "winning more supporters"...

And if he wants his supporters, but not others, to understand what he says, then the best way to learn what he really means is to listen to some of his supporters.
    I think that will not help... for instance, the Plumber thinks that Trump have some sort of speech disability that doesn't let him speak in complete phrases, and so it is necessary for people to figure out what is the end of each sentence... the problem with this is of course that you will not end up understanding what Trump says, but what you think he says... it will take for me just a simple example of an incomplete sentence to see how many people fail to complete it with what I was thinking to say.

In July, David Duke, the former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, said, “I’m overjoyed to see Donald Trump and most Americans embrace most of the issues that I’ve championed for years.”
    Arguably he was being sarcastic when he says that. As there are reports that the Klan is not that crazy to support the Trump.

And Richard Spencer, the president of a white nationalist think tank, told the Associated Press, “Trust me. Trump thinks like me.” He also said that African-Americans, Latinos and Jews should be removed from the United States.
    Another fine example of someone who claims to be able to reads Trumps mind, and finish the ideas with what he likes...

The bottom of the problem still the same, people is arguing all the time for what Trump meant to say, because he could have say this, but he could have say that... and nobody really knows for sure what he says... because Trump can't just talk straight and say what he want to say in a clear and direct way.

“Do you think it’s a coincidence that everybody like me loves Trump and supports him?”

I do. That’s sarcasm.
    And by the way in this video there is the quote where he says he is going to build the wall... conflict of interest:

Don't let your hatred of wealthy people, cloud your judgement... Here's a great video (or two) that apply directly to the root of your struggles.

Ephesians 5 "Husbands, Love your wives like Christ loved the Church". (Wives, give your husbands something to love).
    "Wives, RESPECT your husbands". (Husbands, give your wives something to respect.)

For a man does not truly feel loved unless his wife, mother, and children display respect to him.

"From each MAN according to his abilty, to each WOMAN according to her need"... Allison Tienemann

"Feminism is a HATE group... Feminists are HATEFUL people"... Mr. e

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."... Ronald Reagan

Comment

Here's another explanation of the same struggle.

Ephesians 5 "Husbands, Love your wives like Christ loved the Church". (Wives, give your husbands something to love).
      "Wives, RESPECT your husbands". (Husbands, give your wives something to respect.)

For a man does not truly feel loved unless his wife, mother, and children display respect to him.

"From each MAN according to his abilty, to each WOMAN according to her need"... Allison Tienemann

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."... Ronald Reagan

Comment

Ironically, I think that Donald was spot-on with his comment.

It was Obama and Hillary who started arming anti-Assad Syrian rebels, that they knew to be affiliated with Al Qaeda, but they apparently considered deposing Russia's ally in the Levant a more important objective.

The big question is, why is Donald retreating from that line of argument?

Oh, that would be because the GOP establishment really wants us in a new cold war with Russia, too, so even though that is a great criticism of their "opponents," they can't go there because it would undercut their own ambitions.

Both parties are on the same side, and giving us this dog-and-pony show about their differences, when neither side has any intention of doing anything differently from the other.

Comment

Originally posted by theplummer View Post
          Don't let your hatred of wealthy people, cloud your judgement... Here's a great video (or two) that apply directly to the root of your struggles.

That's funny, because I just saw Dinesh D'Souza change the subject because he got his ass handed to him.

Comment

Simpleman, I realize you aren't in America... I do however believe that as a supporter of men's rights, this video will really clear some things up for you... the first 26 minutes is the speech, then there is a Q and A session.

Comment

Originally posted by StrongSilentType View Post
              That's funny, because I just saw Dinesh D'Souza change the subject because he got his ass handed to him.
              You would, because of your allegiance to the leftist, liberal, atheist, government indoctrination system, that has provided your life bread to this point.

Is it not possible that he 'changed the subject', that it was necessary to reframe the issue, simply because the questioner has been given nothing but 'garbage in' and as a result, all he can surmise from that is 'garbage out'? I get that you have a difficult time questioning your supreme commanders (college indoctrinators), for it is true that 'trying to get a man to understand a truth that is opposed to his livelihood, is impossible'... I get this same obtuse behavior when I speak to divorce lawyers about the injustices in family court, geared toward woman, and against men...

The ironic thing I see with you here is... That you proclaim Marxism as the be all end all way to run a perfect society... But in that entire movement, brought to you by the Cultural Marxist school of thought, known as the Frankfurt school, teaches a Marxist loving mind toward, 'critical theory'... The funniest thing is, Marxist indoctrinators do not allow the same critical theory to be used as a form of thought toward it's own ideology... I believe this to be a mandate by the Marxists, because they know that their whole theory would fall to pieces, if their own system of destruction was turned inward upon it's own ideologies...

I also get that you don't like D'souza because you think he's a convicted felon... With that same vein of thought, you should probably discredit your own vein of thought for two reasons... One coming from outside yourself, and another coming from inside yourself...

I believe you've stated in the past that Bill Eires (or whatever that fools name is), a prominent leader of Cultural Marxism, was a felon in his own right, as he was an active member of Weather Underground... a criminal terrorist group, responsible for numerous bombings...

And internally you should discredit your own thought, for I believe you've stated in the past of your own criminal activities in illegal drug use... Now, I'm not going to argue whether or not drugs 'should be legal' or not, it's just a fact that illegal drugs ARE illegal, and therefore you yourself are a criminal, just like D'souza.

And D'souza is a criminal because of a technical point in giving money to a political candidates war chest... Something that can and does change according to the nature of politics and adjusting of what constitutes a crime.... Just like the drug laws that currently condemn your own personhood...

So, please stop being a hypocrite, and use the tools you've been taught to question your own indoctrination...

Comment

Originally posted by theplummer View Post

I don't hate wealthy people. I do hate stupid, and Trump is as rich as he is...

You think you can read minds and finish what people is going to say? OK finish that phrase, and here is a hint, it does not end with "stupid"... but go on, read my mind and finish it...

I was about to congratulate you in linking a video that was under an hour, but then I see the rest of your post here...

Comment

You know what I find really sad about this election? Because we have come down to two parties basically, always in the running...people develop these ideas that if someone runs on their party ticket, that the person probably upholds all of their own ideals that they hold dear to their hearts. I'm sure you all know die hard repubs and democrats, that even if a giraffe was running on their respective party ticket, they'd still cast their vote for the giraffe. Trump is really not what the country needs, but Clinton will be even worse. But, because this is ''all we got,'' so many people try so hard to find positive things to glean from the two candidates, excusing really bad behaviors in the process. Neither of these two are good for the US. Neither. But pride and allegiance for one's party, clouds many people's judgement.

IOW, it's okay to admit that the candidate who is running on your party has flaws. lol It won't make you less of a repub or democrat.
                  Last edited by Deidre; 08-13-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Trump has spent his entire life at 'the top of the food chain'. He's never had to guard his comments and it doesn't seem like he's going to start anytime soon. He's not a politician and he doesn't seem to understand how the game is played. I fear this is what is going to cost him the election...
                    "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by Autolite View Post
                      Trump has spent his entire life at 'the top of the food chain'. He's never had to guard his comments and it doesn't seem like he's going to start anytime soon. He's not a politician and he doesn't seem to understand how the game is played. I fear this is what is going to cost him the election...
                      People fear how he will conduct himself in foreign policy. I can see him insulting a leader of another country, that his wife is 'ugly' or something...lol He can only blame the media so much for his poor word choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                        I can see him insulting a leader of another country.
                        As an American president I can see him really ripping apart Canada's Justin Trudeau! I would like to see Trump win just for that reason alone...
                        Last edited by Autolite; 08-13-2016, 04:14 PM.
                        "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by Autolite View Post
                          As an American president I can see him really ripping apart Canada's Justin Trudeau! I want to see Trump win just for that reason alone...
                          LMAO!
                          It's interesting though, that the US doesn't concern itself much with Canada. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
                            I don't hate wealthy people. I do hate stupid, and Trump is as rich as he is...

You think you can read minds and finish what people is going to say? OK finish that phrase, and here is a hint, it does not end with "stupid"... but go on, read my mind and finish it...

I was about to congratulate you in linking a video that was under an hour, but then I see the rest of your post here...
                            "are off topic"...

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                              LMAO!
                              It's interesting though, that the US doesn't concern itself much with Canada. Hmmm...
                              Has Trump ever even mentioned Trudeau? He probably doesn't even know who he is (and I don't blame him for that)...

Comment

Working...
                              X