Phyllis Schlafly Dies at 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phyllis Schlafly Dies at 92

Conservative activist and anti-feminist Phyllis Schlafly, passed away on September the 5th.

Condolences to her family and friends.

RIP Phyllis. Certainly a great example of the no-excuse women of her era, sharp as a knife to the end.

Comment

RIP

10 characters

Comment

Phyllis made it clear over the years that the reason she hated feminists was women prefer to send men off to do the daily work while women had coffee klatches and hung out during the work day.

She is not against slavery for men; only for women.

Comment

She was also a strong opponent of the ERA because she knew that if it passed, women would be forced to register for the draft. She wasn't all sweetness and light.
          When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

I suppose your viewpoint depends on if you want women in the military or not. In a free society, I'd highly doubt that any except for the most physically exceptional women would be qualified to be part of any military contract. In a coercive society, I suppose all the slaves want to be treated equally.

It may be that she recognised men for their male attributes, respecting and appreciating men for those attributes... not necessarily forcing men to perform them for women. Being better suited is not an obligation, although she may have believed with the ability comes obligation... that I don't know for sure.

She did support a state... which is the coercive system that creates the false morality for something like a 'draft' to exist. But she is hardly alone in that opinion. If you buy the social contract argument.. then a draft is a foreseeable outcome of that argument,

Comment

Schlafly opposed ERA because she believed it would remove privileges that women have. If you support the traditional patriarchal social structure, then yeah...she's a champion. But if your goal is for men and women to be treated the same by society, then she wasn't someone you'd support.

I feel that her belief was that men and women are different. And that society should have certain roles for men and women. For instance, she did not feel like women should have anything to do with the military because they lack the physical attributes that men have. She believed a woman's role in society was to be the primary caregivers and that men were supposed to be providers and protectors. She believed in the traditional gender roles.

Comment

The only question that matters to me is if Schlafly would endorse the use of state force to enforce gender roles. Feminist ideology condones... actually more than condones... it outright endorses and paints it as moral.. the use of force to create 'equality' for women. So yes, she did in that she would use state force to stop women from being part of the military fighting force. However like I said before, that position is hardly uncommon. Women are infantilized to 'protect' them the same way we would not allow a kid below a certain age to sign up for military fighting service.

Privileges or protection... take your pick... either way they used to come with some kind of restrictions as a result. Women couldn't vote.. but they were never held responsible for debt either. All roles tend to have trade off's... and in this coercive state world there is very little room for morals and ethics... you always have a gun pointed at your head one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                X