76% Of UK Suicides Are Male...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76% Of UK Suicides Are Male...

It is great that we are, finally and collectively, encouraging men to get support. But surely the big, currently unanswered question is why men. Various theories are bandied about, but the extraordinary truth is we don't know.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jane..._11947706.html

FFS! Is it really all that difficult to figure out???
    "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

For a long time, and even still, men have had virtually nil mental health support resources. That's one part. Another is that men are often shamed for needing such resources, but not by other men, but women. From my experience and observations, men are actually very supportive of other men when it comes out that they need help. It's the venomous women in their lives(and online, if their condition reaches the internet) that call them pussies, fuckboys, and all other manner of things while lamenting that "they just don't make men like they used to!". Often times the support is drowned out by the venom, and it ends up all the person hears, and so they tragically end their life. It's a sad state of affairs, and it's one that won't quickly or easily. Feminists have been shown to actively rally against things such as support shelters for men, and this leaves them with no where to turn. Hopefully the publication and proliferation of such findings eventually cause a wave of effective men's health reforms, and those troubled mentally and/or physically can finally get the help they need.

For some reason, though, I have little hope.
    You don't know anything;
    You never knew anything;
    Now you know that you don't know;
    All on a Christmas morning!

Comment

How interesting they lament how much money is lost by those suicides, as usual they only see men as a resource, "oh God, our cash cows are dropping dead for some reasons" and even then they are finding it hard to care, it´s a token lament at best. They had how many years to get to the bottom of this? If it was women who were killing themselves at this rate no price would be too high to stop it, newspapers would be full of articles about it, but it´s only men so they will get around to it eventually, one of this days.
      I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Comment

I think it is why "men" have come to be known as "The Disposable Species".

I agree 100% with Merasmus and Anonymous.

The thing about suicide here in the States is that men commit suicide and women "attempt" it.

Men are nearly 100% more successful when trying to end it all. Women will always provide for a last minute reprieve for themselves to use the failed attempt to gain attention to their miserable plight and
        garner support and get back in the running. It's the stuff of women's novels, Romance/Gothic
        books, and women's magazine articles if not Soap Operas. (then of course, those aren't the domains of men)
        sigpic

Comment

Only in Pakistan and Indonesia, two hugely Muslim-majority nations, are the suicide rates higher for women than men.
          >>"and in other news, the Judge in the case of AVFM Vs Feminazism ruled today that the creators of 'Gender Equality' are guilty of Intent to Obtain Social Change by Deception. The Feminazi case collapsed just one day into the trial, after a 1st year medical student demonstrated that men are not, in fact, equal to women".<<

Newbie AVFM Member, 2 days in: "My eyes, why do my eyes hurt?"

Jaybee, cautious tone: "You've never used them before".

Comment

Originally posted by NO MA'AM View Post
            I think it is why "men" have come to be known as "The Disposable Species".

I agree 100% with Merasmus and Anonymous.

The thing about suicide here in the States is that men commit suicide and women "attempt" it.

Men are nearly 100% more successful when trying to end it all. Women will always provide for a last minute reprieve for themselves to use the failed attempt to gain attention to their miserable plight and
            garner support and get back in the running. It's the stuff of women's novels, Romance/Gothic
            books, and women's magazine articles if not Soap Operas. (then of course, those aren't the domains of men)
            That may be our main target, destroying this perception. It could be very difficult, men themselves seem to have thoroughly internalized this disposability, but without nipping that in the bud even if all other problems are solved, all the injustices men are submitted to this days there is no reason for them not to return in time, stronger then before, that is why it is important to get the world to acknowledge men are as human as women and just as valuable, because right now it seems there is a strong push to see men are only as valuable as far as they can emulate women, it is important to get the world to see men are valuable as men, not as crippled women.
            I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Comment

The men in the comments section appear to know more than the author about why males have a high suicide rate

Comment

Originally posted by Gar Castle View Post
                The men in the comments section appear to know more than the author about why males have a high suicide rate
                Seems most dudes that comment came from here, or they are otherwise open red pillers, this kind of awareness is not standard knowledge, it comes only to those who follow this topic.

Comment

Working...
                X