X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beour3rd View Post
    so whos the ones passing the laws? are they the right or wrong kind? lol
    This is the misunderstanding:

There are almost no feminists writing laws. Only 25% of women identify as feminist, about half that for men, which means that, at best, 13% of Congress are feminists. There are some feminists suggesting laws, and it is the most extreme suggestions that have been written into law, but that's exactly the point:

If you wanted to discredit a movement, what better way than to only present the most extreme representatives of it, and implement their suggestions in such a way as to guarantee negative consequences, which will then be blamed on the movement you want to discredit?

It wasn't "feminists" who passed these laws, it was angry old men who thought, "OK, they want equality, we'll set it up to backfire, they will get blamed for the mess, and everyone will want to go back to the way things were."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't like the old system, and I don't like the new system. I want something different, that is fair for everyone. Many feminists agree, and they should be our natural allies against the (possible majority of) feminists who disagree, as well as the people who don't care about gender, but want to take rights from all of us and men were just the thin end of the wedge.

Look at this election: We've got Pure Evil and a real life version of Homer Simpson (if Homer Simpson had been born a multi-millionaire). That's the impression people have, now: Women are evil and men are stupid.

Neither of those are, necessarily, true, and the big problem with suggesting that it is is that PEOPLE TAKE IT AS AN EXCUSE TO ACT THAT WAY!

This is not going in a good direction, for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by StrongSilentType View Post

There are almost no feminists writing laws. Only 25% of women identify as feminist, about half that for men, which means that, at best, 13% of Congress are feminists. There are some feminists suggesting laws, and it is the most extreme suggestions that have been written into law, but that's exactly the point:

It wasn't "feminists" who passed these laws, it was angry old men who thought, "OK, they want equality, we'll set it up to backfire, they will get blamed for the mess, and everyone will want to go back to the way things were."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't like the old system, and I don't like the new system. I want something different, that is fair for everyone. Many feminists agree, and they should be our natural allies against the (possible majority of) feminists who disagree, as well as the people who don't care about gender, but want to take rights from all of us and men were just the thin end of the wedge.

Look at this election: We've got Pure Evil and a real life version of Homer Simpson (if Homer Simpson had been born a multi-millionaire). That's the impression people have, now: Women are evil and men are stupid.

Neither of those are, necessarily, true, and the big problem with suggesting that it is is that PEOPLE TAKE IT AS AN EXCUSE TO ACT THAT WAY!

yep that was exactly what i was saying SST

except for part two. you will never get a fair system because humans are not fair.
      Originally posted by MatrixTransform
      where were you before you put yourself last?
      Originally posted by TheNarrator
      Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by StrongSilentType View Post

If you wanted to discredit a movement, what better way than to only present the most extreme representatives of it, and implement their suggestions in such a way as to guarantee negative consequences, which will then be blamed on the movement you want to discredit?

Ran out of rep. +1

Be careful throwing PUA's under the bus tho.

A woman doesn't have to LOOK drunk to BE drunk.

Are you gonna administer a breathalyzer to every chick you meet? Or make sure she doesn't sniff a line of coke in the bathroom?

And then suddenly you're an ebil rapist who preys on inebriated women.

The manosphere has a bad habit of infighting and throwing each other under the bus.

"Well if you were mgtow you wouldn't have got accused."

No, people have gotten accused over FACEBOOK.

Let me clue you in on our situation as men, in America.

It is essentially illegal to be male.

The sentence is suspended as long as you walk on eggshells and nobody accuses you of anything.

But practically speaking ALL of us are born with 2 strikes against us.

We're automatically "overprivileged," we make women afraid, we're abusers, blah blah blah.

That's where you START before you even do anything or talk to anyone.

You're a criminal sliding down your mama's birth canal.

So the whole splitting up into groups to avoid blame doesn't work.

Saying, "Well I'm not a PUA" doesn't work.

Because the system does not care if you are or not. It doesn't care if you got her drunk or she was drunk from before, or if she took a swig in the ladies room, or she's on oxycodon.

Any negative experience she has is your fault.

Comment

Working...
        X