Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male Suicide

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016...-men/21586982/

Article discusses rise of suicide in middle age men with causes but fails to mention divorce! Divorce is the highest ranked risk factor for male suicide (National Institute for Healthcare Research). The article mentions financial, physical and mental issues but I have to wonder....why does it fail to mention risk factor #1? The article seems sincere to me but I cannot get over the fact that she didn't mention divorce and I can only guess because she didn't want to shed any negative light on the feminist movement's attempts to destroy men.

Thanks for sharing this, it definitely doesn't get enough media attention.

There is an article on the main page here that discusses this very topic as it relates to divorce for men. It highlighted a story about a guy who became so beaten down by the divorce and custody system, he eventually took his own life. Horribly sad!! He was often saying how he feared going to jail over not paying enough child support and his ex wife kept changing the game and getting her own way.

I would look for it and post it but on my phone. It's a story I never heard mentioned once in the mainstream news.

Comment

Originally posted by Gar Castle View Post
      http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016...-men/21586982/

Article discusses rise of suicide in middle age men with causes but fails to mention divorce! Divorce is the highest ranked risk factor for male suicide (National Institute for Healthcare Research). The article mentions financial, physical and mental issues but I have to wonder....why does it fail to mention risk factor #1? The article seems sincere to me but I cannot get over the fact that she didn't mention divorce and I can only guess because she didn't want to shed any negative light on the feminist movement's attempts to destroy men.
      You already know the reason why it doesn't mention the correlation between men and divorce in the article.
      “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
      ― Pythagoras

Comment

Divorce is the highest ranked risk factor for male suicide (National Institute for Healthcare Research).
        Pre-marriage counseling should be mandatory before a marriage license is issued and perhaps this is something that should be mentioned...
        "The truth is sometimes a poor competitor in the market of ideas" George F. Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
          You already know the reason why it doesn't mention the correlation between men and divorce in the article.
          I can think of no other possible reason

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
            I can think of no other possible reason
            Because that would imply that divorce is in any way disadvantageous to men, when they are trying to make divorce MORE advantageous to women.

Comment

Working...
            X