Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre teens engaged causing outrage

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...cid=spartanntp

I am posting this only to show the double standard that exists and not because of if it is right or wrong morally. The article is about the outrage after the announcement of what appears to be an arranged engagement of two pre teens(11 and 12yo) in Egypt. The outrage is all directed at the age of the girl but where is the outrage about the boy? Apparently it was reported to a Woman's center and a Childhood Center and the response was it “will only lead to an early marriage in which the girl will be deprived of equal chances to education, growth, and will isolate her from social spheres,” Again I ask ..... what about the boy? There is no concern expressed for him in the article.

Originally posted by Gar Castle View Post
    the girl will be deprived of equal chances to education, growth, and will isolate her from social spheres,” Again I ask ..... what about the boy?
    He's going to be working as a dirt farmer, so he doesn't need education, male growth is all physical (because our neanderthal brains don't need any stimulation), and that will become his social sphere.

....which is why they are getting engaged and will be married so young, to have more kids to help work. Different culture, different society, different rules.

Some day, we have to get that through our skulls.

Comment

Originally posted by StrongSilentType View Post
      He's going to be working as a dirt farmer, so he doesn't need education, male growth is all physical (because our neanderthal brains don't need any stimulation), and that will become his social sphere.

....which is why they are getting engaged and will be married so young, to have more kids to help work. Different culture, different society, different rules.

Some day, we have to get that through our skulls.
      I am not questioning the morality of a different culture. I was making a point that the extent of gynocentrism is far reaching and there is a double standard against men. There was outrage for a girl being engaged as a preteen but none for the boy.

Comment

Working...
      X