Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE to employ 20,000 women to end ''male dominance'' in STEM fields

So tired of this noise. >.<

If I want to apply for a job, based on my merit alone, is why I should be hired. Not ''just because'' I'm a woman. It's insulting, and not at all empowering, and further...it's like one of the biggest examples of discrimination. Oh wait, when feminists are discriminating against men, it's not considered discrimination.

Thoughts?

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...ce-stem-fields
    Last edited by Deidre; 02-15-2017, 10:45 PM.

im so torn with a daughter takin stem in uni
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

Originally posted by menrppl2 View Post
      im so torn with a daughter takin stem in uni
      Why do you feel that way?

Comment

LOL, let them have those jobs.

I actually worked for GE some time ago, can't tell you how much I dislike that job and that company management style. There where some women working there too, and they dislike it even more: "I don't really need this shit, I can get married and stay home instead"... lol how I remember those days...

Good luck ladies, GE is such a fine place, you will learn so much there :P

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
          LOL, let them have those jobs.

I actually worked for GE some time ago, can't tell you how much I dislike that job and that company management style. There where some women working there too, and they dislike it even more: "I don't really need this shit, I can get married and stay home instead"... lol how I remember those days...

Good luck ladies, GE is such a fine place, you will learn so much there :P
          You too eh? I was there too some years back, our dept had NOT ONE woman in a tech role. GE like to make grandiose plans but 20,000 staff worldwide, even assuming 3/4 of them are recruited in Bangladesh/E.Europe, retaining 20,000 females in harder business areas is gonna be absolutely uneconomic. The great majority of those women will get bored of the work as it simply doesn't suit the female neural architecture.

However, if GE try to commit can THEN say, "We HIRED 20,000 (God knows they've got the money to do it), and keep shhhh about having to redeploy 85% of them in the first 3 years to Customer Services, HR, Procurement etc.
          >>"and in other news, the Judge in the case of AVFM Vs Feminazism ruled today that the creators of 'Gender Equality' are guilty of Intent to Obtain Social Change by Deception. The Feminazi case collapsed just one day into the trial, after a 1st year medical student demonstrated that men are not, in fact, equal to women".<<

Newbie AVFM Member, 2 days in: "My eyes, why do my eyes hurt?"

Jaybee, cautious tone: "You've never used them before".

Comment

I guess what doesn't make sense is why employers think that women still need ''assistance'' in finding jobs in these fields. So many projects and campaigns from feminism have paved the way for many women to enter into these fields...many are quite capable. It's not an exclusive field for men, but it's the way GE is going about this, or maybe the way the article is titled ''to end male dominance.'' Men aren't dominating anything, actually (that's the irony) - most employers are pretty gynocentric, or at least gynocentric-aware. My firm is male dominated, but there is still that ''girl power'' mantra that you hear going on. Whatever, it is what it is, but it just seems like an archaic idea to suggest that women need assistance to get into STEM jobs. True equality between the genders, doesn't require a huge employer like GE swooping down and playing the white knight role, and that's all it is. That's actually more sexist (of GE) than men dominating STEM, tbh. lol
            Last edited by Deidre; 02-16-2017, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
              You too eh? I was there too some years back, our dept had NOT ONE woman in a tech role. GE like to make grandiose plans but 20,000 staff worldwide, even assuming 3/4 of them are recruited in Bangladesh/E.Europe, retaining 20,000 females in harder business areas is gonna be absolutely uneconomic. The great majority of those women will get bored of the work as it simply doesn't suit the female neural architecture.

However, if GE try to commit can THEN say, "We HIRED 20,000 (God knows they've got the money to do it), and keep shhhh about having to redeploy 85% of them in the first 3 years to Customer Services, HR, Procurement etc.
              Well, GE have try all sort of experiments before, so it is kind of an eccentric company, that way... this is nothing but another experiment for them. This is one of the reasons why I don't like the company. Management now want to have lots of ladies on the manufacturing... but then again 6 months from now they might decide to experiment with something else.

My prediction is that they will put all those women in some factories that are not doing so great, and see if they can sell it to Branson or Soros or one of those liberal billionaires... perhaps google?... I can almost see it on the news: "Google buys great number of factories from GE".

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                I guess what doesn't make sense is why employers think that women still need ''assistance'' in finding jobs in these fields. So many projects and campaigns from feminism have paved the way for many women to enter into these fields...many are quite capable. It's not an exclusive field for men, but it's the way GE is going about this, or maybe the way the article is titled ''to end male dominance.'' Men aren't dominating anything, actually (that's the irony) - most employers are pretty gynocentric, or at least gynocentric-aware. My firm is male dominated, but there is still that ''girl power'' mantra that you hear going on. Whatever, it is what it is, but it just seems like an archaic idea to suggest that women need assistance to get into STEM jobs. True equality between the genders, doesn't require a huge employer like GE swooping down and playing the white knight role, and that's all it is. That's actually more sexist (of GE) than men dominating STEM, tbh. lol
                Well... they go to college on a quota basis, there they waste the time with gender classes and doing a lot of protesting and activism... then they get a degree and need a job... so quota system just carry on...

Comment

Um, are there 20,000 qualified women interested in doing those jobs?

Comment

So tired of this noise. >.<

If I want to apply for a job, based on my merit alone, is why I should be hired. Not ''just because'' I'm a woman. It's insulting, and not at all empowering, and further...it's like one of the biggest examples of discrimination. Oh wait, when feminists are discriminating against men, it's not considered discrimination.

Thoughts?

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...ce-stem-fields

Sexism is sexism. Feminists were never about equality-- or else why the push into STEM but not into other traditionally male-dominated fields.

It's time to stop pretending that Feminism is about equality. It's simply about women, and whatever they can conn-- er, get.
                    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
                    It's time to call it out for what it is.
                    == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
                    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

GE is simply parroting the American economic narrative that "more female participation = more GDP."

20 years later they'll be complaining about low birthrates and "We need millions of immigrants to meet workforce needs."

HAI GAIS I HAVE AN IDEA

LETS PUT ANOTHER OLD WHITE MAN IN OFFICE
                      Last edited by dubs; 02-16-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I'm thinking that all SST needs is a frock and some lipstick.
                        "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
                        "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Why do you feel that way?
                          what I want for myself or the world is different than what I want for my daughter........may she have every advantage
                          A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

Still waiting for for someone to start pushing for gender equality in my workplace, its a meat industry and there is exactly one woman working in production, and i never saw her lift anything heavy, as a student i lift dozens (sometimes hundreds)of 40 pound crates every day, on top of all the other work i do, come on ladies jobs are always available here, we need more people with future back problems.
                            I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Comment

Originally posted by menrppl2 View Post
                              what I want for myself or the world is different than what I want for my daughter........may she have every advantage

And there, without any intent to insult on my part, is the crux of the problem.

And yet I know exactly what you mean. I have two boys of my own and I'm busy doing my damnedest to stack the deck for them as well.

The thing that bothers me is that we are moving toward a society which has purposely engineered sexism, courtesy of hateful feminists.
                              FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
                              It's time to call it out for what it is.
                              == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
                              http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

Working...
                              X