Emma Watson’s Boobs Prove Why We Still Need Feminism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emma Watson’s Boobs Prove Why We Still Need Feminism

Emma Watson take a picture showing some skin... feminism is in an existentialist crisis.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02b8b584df9f4

In her latest interview with Vanity Fair, Emma Watson revealed a lot more than she probably intended.
    Nothing, she shows nothing... here is the picture:

No, I’m not talking about her revelation that she refuses to take selfies, nor am I even talking about the infamous ‘underboob’ featured in the cover story that has seemingly overtaken the discussion of Trump’s latest tweet (a welcome tangent, might I add). I am talking about the fact that Emma Watson has revealed that our culture cannot handle a woman who is both “sexual AND serious,” to quote Naomi Wolf.
    But... with all the respect... Miss Watson is not sexual nor serious...

In one simple photo, Watson has inadvertently bared a troubling truth that our society still, in 2017, cannot fathom the possibility that women can both express themselves sexually AND express a desire for equality, simultaneously. It appears as though flaunting one’s figure and a feminist agenda are mutually exclusive.
    Where in the world that picture says all this?

Throughout her career, Watson has been a champion for women’s rights. From her appointment as a UN Women’s Goodwill Ambassador, to her HeForShe campaign that inspires men and boys to be agents of change in reducing the gender gap, to her feminist book that inspires members to read and educate themselves about female equality, Emma Watson has been a beacon for change when it comes to feminism.
    BS.

Yet with one photograph, she has allegedly been stripped (no pun intended) of recognition for her leadership towards equality and of her title as a feminist.
    Ohhhh I see... well... her "title" have being long questioned as she is consider a "white feminist"... So nothing new here.

After the cover story made its rounds on the internet, many took the productive and always-amicable route of airing their grievances with Watson on Twitter, claiming this photo undermined her fight to diminish the gender wage gap and that she was being hypocritical by baring her body while still touting notions of female equality. The most egregious of the claims against Watson in the aftermath of this photo, though, is that she is a “bad feminist.”
    In all fairness... from here, not feminist is good...

Anyway, I am still waiting for the explanation of why this is the reason why we need feminism???

This accusation is the most offensive because it is rooted in a complete and utter misunderstanding of feminism and its core values. The fight towards gender equality is contingent on women having a CHOICE. The choice to enter the workforce or stay at home. The choice to have children or use contraception. The choice to dress how we please or the choice to bare it all.
    Oh wow, great stuff... gender equality is about WOMEN having a choice?

What about men? why I don't have a choice if I want to work or not? or if I want to register to the army reserve? or if I want to pay my taxes or not???

Life must be a game for feminism... Women must do whatever they want to, wherever they want to, however they want to.. or else there is not equality in this world...

The choices we make as women do not undermine our loyalty to equality for our gender, but rather support it, nay embolden it. Intrinsic in anyone’s feminist agenda should lie the power of choice and the power to be multi-dimensional human beings of society. Women can be smart and sexual and sassy and sophisticated and still want to make the same amount of money as their male counterparts, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Maybe we’re just expert multi-taskers or maybe we are just sick and tired of being put in a box that continuously deprives us of our humanity.
    Here is the hard cold true:

Emma Watson decided her job is to be the inspiration of all those little girls, so all those little girls will look up to her and follow her lead... Emma Watson have a responsibility to her career, a career that she decided to take.

Bad enough that Emma Watson did not CHOSE to go to college, after Harry Potter, to get a degree in something STEM related. On top of that she CHOSE to be the stereotypical Disney princess... just to ensure that her target are little girls... now Emma Watson wants to pull a full Miley Cyrus...

If she CHOSE to be the inspiration of all the little girls in the world... then she better have some sense of pudor and make decisions that are worth of being followed...

One expression of self does not detract from the other. Our messages and means of expression all work in concert to create the multi-faceted, multi- layered, and multi-talented badasses that we, as women, are and will continue to be.
    So basically feminism is up-tight and feminists judges if a role for children decides to be inappropriate... feminism is oppressing women, and that is why we need feminism...

In one simple photo, Watson has inadvertently bared a troubling truth that our society still, in 2017, cannot fathom the possibility that women can both express themselves sexually AND express a desire for equality, simultaneously. It appears as though flaunting one’s figure and a feminist agenda are mutually exclusive.
    Why do people need to "express themselves sexually" in society at large? Can't you express yourself sexually with your spouse or monogamous partner behind closed doors. Maybe I'm not comfortable with you expressing your sexuality to me. If I expressed my sexuality at a woman who didn't want it, I'm sure they'd cry for criminal punishment.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Emma Watson personifies the cognitive disconnect between Feminists and equality.
      FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
      It's time to call it out for what it is.
      == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
      http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

I still only think of her as Hermione Granger. lol She seems cool in interviews, it's sadly interesting that she became such a radical feminist. Wonder what her backstory is that led her to be so vocal for feminism.

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
          Oh wow, great stuff... gender equality is about WOMEN having a choice?
          What about men? why I don't have a choice if I want to work or not? or if I want to register to the army reserve? or if I want to pay my taxes or not???
          Life must be a game for feminism... Women must do whatever they want to, wherever they want to, however they want to.. or else there is not equality in this world...

"This accusation is the most offensive because it is rooted in a complete and utter misunderstanding of feminism and its core values. The fight towards gender equality is contingent on women having a CHOICE ...the power of choice and the power to be multi-dimensional human beings of society. ..."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this power of choice for women - any choice for every woman - is what they aim for and so must think is possible.
          It leaves other people completely by the wayside.

And defining choice as the core value of feminism is also a valuable analytical tool. That means that lack of choice is The Bad, the very essence of oppression.
          And with this principle in hand one can return to e.g. world history and study which people had which choices ... and the same goes for modern sociological markers, like suicide, workplace deaths, homlessness etc. etc.

"The choices we make as women do not undermine our loyalty to equality for our gender, but rather support it, nay embolden it. "
          And it is of course impossible that choices made by women should ever collide ....

"Maybe we are just sick and tired of being put in a box that continuously deprives us of our humanity."
          Happy enough to do it to others ....

M

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
            "This accusation is the most offensive because it is rooted in a complete and utter misunderstanding of feminism and its core values. The fight towards gender equality is contingent on women having a CHOICE ...the power of choice and the power to be multi-dimensional human beings of society. ..."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this power of choice for women - any choice for every woman - is what they aim for and so must think is possible.
            It leaves other people completely by the wayside.

And defining choice as the core value of feminism is also a valuable analytical tool. That means that lack of choice is The Bad, the very essence of oppression.
            And with this principle in hand one can return to e.g. world history and study which people had which choices ... and the same goes for modern sociological markers, like suicide, workplace deaths, homlessness etc. etc.

"The choices we make as women do not undermine our loyalty to equality for our gender, but rather support it, nay embolden it. "
            And it is of course impossible that choices made by women should ever collide ....

"Maybe we are just sick and tired of being put in a box that continuously deprives us of our humanity."
            Happy enough to do it to others ....

M
            I like that explanation of choice as a highest value. That explains abortion in a nutshell. The conversation can't be about when a life is actually a life, because the ability to choose is actually a higher moral value than preserving life.

Ironically Anita Sarkeesian has specifically decried "Choice Feminism" in favor of an idea more in line with "every feminist must think like I do".
            "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
            "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
              Why do people need to "express themselves sexually" in society at large? Can't you express yourself sexually with your spouse or monogamous partner behind closed doors. Maybe I'm not comfortable with you expressing your sexuality to me. If I expressed my sexuality at a woman who didn't want it, I'm sure they'd cry for criminal punishment.

Isn't it interesting that Feminists always have to go around getting naked and baring their bodies? While interesting, the people they *claim* to be interested in being equal to, rarely do.
              FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
              It's time to call it out for what it is.
              == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
              http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

Choice without accountability. Expression without critique. Sexuality without consequence.

Nihilism & Narcissism... thy name is feminism.

Conformity to a subjective, ever changing standard, is all feminism asks... which is why the are always so bitter and resentful and never, ever, satisfied.

Feminism ideology is the destruction of women, not men.

Comment

Ya gotta have the tits if you want to be revealing them...

Comment

Working...
                  X