Female Judge on Descrimination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Judge on Descrimination

Hey guys, writing an article right now. I'm looking for this video clip (or an article, that would be fine too) that I saw a while back ago of a woman judge who came up in here career around the late 60's/early 70's, and expressively said that she never experienced sexism in her career, and that all her colleagues ever cared about was how good she was able to do her job. In the video, she was an older woman with brown, maybe black hair. Anybody have any leads? it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just a guess but it sounds like Judge Jeanine Pirro but I don't think she's that old.

Comment

That was Judge Judy in an interview with Katie Couric.

Here's the full interview it was taken from, and the feminism clip starts here.
      When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesNunya View Post
        Just a guess but it sounds like Judge Jeanine Pirro but I don't think she's that old.
        yeah, thats not her. this woman wasn't as skinny. Ill look into her though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh67 View Post
          That was Judge Judy in an interview with Katie Couric.

Here's the full interview it was taken from, and the feminism clip starts here.
          while thats similar, I dont think thats it. In particular, I remember the judge being the the right hand side of the screen, She was not a famous TV judge. but she was a famous judge. But I can certainly use this.

Comment

I've not heard of this judge's story before. It would be interesting to read your article once you are done with it.

I'm not sure if this will be of any help. Its a similar story from the UK's first female Professor of Surgery Averil Mansfield MBE.

"I set out to do a job. A few people raised their eyebrows but nobody said, 'You can't do it.' If I've been the best person applying for a job I can say, hand on heart, that I've been the one who's got it. If I haven't been the best, then I haven't got it. I don't feel at any stage that I met discrimination. I'm sorry to disappoint you."

Its from an interview with the British left-wing newspaper, The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...science.health

I came across this character whilst doing some research on the 'gender gap' in medicine.
            Last edited by Equity; 03-13-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X