Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardian Journalist/Feminist Activist Sarah Ditum & Sexist Horror film "Prevenge"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardian Journalist/Feminist Activist Sarah Ditum & Sexist Horror film "Prevenge"

Prevenge is British feminist comedy/horror movie. It was written and directed by 'actress' Alice Lowe who co-stars, pregnant, in the film alongside a cast of other feminist actresses. It was released here in the UK in February this year. In short, the movie follows a pregnant serial killer who goes around gruesomely killing random men (and some women) to 'rid the world of misogyny' whilst guided by a female voice that she hears emanating from her womb. The disgusting movie depicts acts of violence by women against men that involve male genital mutilation, castration and sexual abuse and makes light of and celebrates this violence.

This disgustingly sexist movie and its disgustingly sexist reviews both provide an insight into the depraved minds of feminists and the sexist world that we live in.

Reviews of the movie:

“Gruesomely successful” – 4/5 stars, The Guardian
    “A feminist, score-settling slasher with a satirical edge” Sight & Sound
    “A smart, risky, one-off” Variety
    “Uniquely exhilarating” The Hollywood Reporter
    “A breathtaking, savage debut” – 4.5/5 stars, We Got This Covered

Perhaps the most disturbing review of this movie comes from the following article written by feminist activist/Guardian journalist Sarah Ditum titled

Prevenge: in a world of male violence, seeing monstrous women is a thrill

Why I love watching women commit acts of violence on screen

She starts her article celebrating a castaration in the film describing it "as the best thing you will see this year". She writes:

The best thing you’ll see in the cinema this year is a big man called DJ Dan looking down in horror as he realises that the thing slithering down his leg and onto his living room floor is his testicle, unleashed from its ballsack by the knife held by heavily pregnant Ruth (played by Alice Lowe). Or, if the death-by-castration of DJ Dan – an entirely appropriate response to his pick-up patter about the easiness of “fat birds” – doesn’t grab you, maybe one of the other grisly highlights of Lowe’s maternity-slasher movie Prevenge will.

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/...s-women-thrill

Guys, what are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Equity; 04-21-2017, 10:04 PM.

They don't even bother to hide their blatant bigotry under a story that gives a pretext to rant at all males, whether it's an act of violence, a difference in earnings, air conditioning being too cold or too warm, Amazon Alexa having female voice, triumphing insulting a man's art that was made to bolster spirits after a finance crash... nope they want to celebrate slasher movies that murder men. Demand a genre of promoting male murder as an act of empowerment. The same movement that pronounced horror movies as sexist because they didn't just gruesomely dispatch males by the bucket loads but dared to depict acts against women. This 'movement' that never managed to look at the lack of reaction to depictions of male killing as an issue but bandwagonned on the reaction to horror movie violence against women - then in their pits of hypocrisy decided horror movies were feminist because they depicted killing girls who were goodies or slept with men, and the girl lone survivor, regardless of any males sacrificed for her life, was a feminist icon.

There is no sexist bigotry too low for these people. The irony of 'ironic misandry' is that it's actually the real hatred of a sex and gender, it is the only deliberate malicious sexism that has ever existed. The display of sexism by feminists, is enough to convince me that every sexist comment I've actually never heard in real life said by any man I've ever met... well any of those, get back in the kitchen, better to look at than to listen, life support machine for a vagina, best thing about sex with a pregnant woman is you can't get sued for child support... were just dumb jokes, that guys pretty much kept between themselves because upsetting and offending was never their goal. Ohh the irony. Who'd have thought the movement invented to combat sexism was actually the sexists themselves. It's a like plot twist for a really crap movie.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Originally posted by menrppl2
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Comment

Originally posted by voidspawn View Post
      They don't even bother to hide their blatant bigotry under a story that gives a pretext to rant at all males, whether it's an act of violence, a difference in earnings, air conditioning being too cold or too warm, Amazon Alexa having female voice, triumphing insulting a man's art that was made to bolster spirits after a finance crash... nope they want to celebrate slasher movies that murder men. Demand a genre of promoting male murder as an act of empowerment. The same movement that pronounced horror movies as sexist because they didn't just gruesomely dispatch males by the bucket loads but dared to depict acts against women. This 'movement' that never managed to look at the lack of reaction to depictions of male killing as an issue but bandwagonned on the reaction to horror movie violence against women - then in their pits of hypocrisy decided horror movies were feminist because they depicted killing girls who were goodies or slept with men, and the girl lone survivor, regardless of any males sacrificed for her life, was a feminist icon.

There is no sexist bigotry too low for these people. The irony of 'ironic misandry' is that it's actually the real hatred of a sex and gender, it is the only deliberate malicious sexism that has ever existed.
      But they protest showing "The Red Pill" for fear of violence against women. Go figure.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Equity View Post
        With this kinda overtly feminist movie I kinda think let the babies have their bottles. No one who's not already a card-carrying feminist wreck is gonna seek out and watch this kinda movie anyway.

When it comes to culture and media I'm far more concerned about the subversive feminist and misandry of mainstream movies and advertising (especially stuff that targets children) than I am about the OVERT feminism and misandry present in these off beat experimental indie type flicks.

I honestly kinda respect movies like this for putting their cards on the table. I might not agree with it but it's fucking direct and obvious about it's agenda and it's ideology and politics. This is a stark contrast to getting ambushed while you are watching a sitcom by an advert that's subversively misandric and playing male suffering for laughs while championing and encouraging female wrecklessness and violence against men/boys that pisses me off.

You can make an informed CHOICE to avoid overtly feminist content like Prevenge but stuff like adverts and shit just straight up ambushes you with it's agenda.
        "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

No comment section, figures, maybe we should warn others when there is no comment section in the linked article, so they don´t give clicks to this people for nothing.
          I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Equity;210204
            Perhaps the most disturbing review of this movie comes from the following article written by feminist activist/Guardian journalist Sarah Ditum titled

[B
            Prevenge: in a world of male violence, seeing monstrous women is a thrill[/B]

Why I love watching women commit acts of violence on screen

She starts her article celebrating a castaration in the film describing it "as the best thing you will see this year". She writes:

The best thing you’ll see in the cinema this year is a big man called DJ Dan looking down in horror as he realises that the thing slithering down his leg and onto his living room floor is his testicle, unleashed from its ballsack by the knife held by heavily pregnant Ruth (played by Alice Lowe). Or, if the death-by-castration of DJ Dan – an entirely appropriate response to his pick-up patter about the easiness of “fat birds” – doesn’t grab you, maybe one of the other grisly highlights of Lowe’s maternity-slasher movie Prevenge will.

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/...s-women-thrill

I read her article and a couple of others this woman has written and I cannot believe anyone would publish her trash, most especially the comment on the movie Prevenge.

She is an out and out ultra left wing feminist who goes on in one of her articles about how she would like to kill certain men if she had the ability (and of course could get away with it). This is what she said:

"....there was a time when the only thing getting me through the day was thinking about Naomi Alderman’s novel The Power, and imagining what I would do if nature handed me the ability to deliver electric shocks that the book gives to women: what I’d do, it turns out, is make a list of men I blame for Trump and go around discharging volts into them".

From what I have read of some of her work this writer is somewhat deranged and why on earth any self respecting media organisation would employ her and publish her trash is bewildering. But that is the media in the UK in the 21st century for you.

As for the movie, I have not seen it , other than the published theatre trailer where the pregnant nut job kills at least one woman on her escapades, so I cannot really comment much until I do.
            I would just note that that there have been numerous films and TV shows going back decades depicting all kinds of sick violence perpetrated on woman including dismembering bodies, all kinds of torture, rape and so on. However, if some male media commentator referred to the male perpetrators and their acts of violence in these films in the same fashion as Sarah Ditum has literally gloated about the pregnant female and the violence she perpetrated on the males, all hell would break loose and the male commentator would be fired and never be able to work in the media again.

But she gets away with her craziness because she is a female (and a lefty femmo one at that just to help her out further) and because of the giant double standard that is at work when it comes to calling people to account.

Comment

Originally posted by cam9999 View Post
              However, if some male media commentator referred to the male perpetrators and their acts of violence in these films in the same fashion as Sarah Ditum has literally gloated about the pregnant female and the violence she perpetrated on the males, all hell would break loose and the male commentator would be fired and never be able to work in the media again.
              It would be fun to rewrite for women, drag queens, blacks, jews, muslims, children, kittens ...

M

Comment

Originally posted by voidspawn View Post

There is no sexist bigotry too low for these people. The irony of 'ironic misandry' is that it's actually the real hatred of a sex and gender, it is the only deliberate malicious sexism that has ever existed. The display of sexism by feminists, is enough to convince me that every sexist comment I've actually never heard in real life said by any man I've ever met... well any of those, get back in the kitchen, better to look at than to listen, life support machine for a vagina, best thing about sex with a pregnant woman is you can't get sued for child support... were just dumb jokes, that guys pretty much kept between themselves because upsetting and offending was never their goal. Ohh the irony. Who'd have thought the movement invented to combat sexism was actually the sexists themselves. It's a like plot twist for a really crap movie.
                Powerful words Voidspawn.

Their brazen sexism and hate speak volumes for what they stand for and the state of the world that we live in. We need change…

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
                But they protest showing "The Red Pill" for fear of violence against women. Go figure.

M
                "Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue"

Originally posted by Maxx View Post
                With this kinda overtly feminist movie I kinda think let the babies have their bottles. No one who's not already a card-carrying feminist wreck is gonna seek out and watch this kinda movie anyway.
                I agree. Not many people will see this movie but I think that this is actually a bad thing. I want people to see this movie. I want people to be exposed to this hate. I want people to see and hear feminism through the eyes and mouths of feminists. This movie and its reviews by feminists are a great example for the evils of this ideology and what it stands for. This movie and its reviews by feminists benefit me as an anti-feminist. The movie shows that feminism is sexist and that this sexism is endorsed by feminists and so is not isolated but is systematic. This movie and its reviews are an opportunity for me as an anti-feminist to expose feminism to the world for what it really is and to make the world question feminism.

I read her article and a couple of others this woman has written and I cannot believe anyone would publish her trash, most especially the comment on the movie Prevenge.

She is an out and out ultra left wing feminist who goes on in one of her articles about how she would like to kill certain men if she had the ability (and of course could get away with it). This is what she said:

"....there was a time when the only thing getting me through the day was thinking about Naomi Alderman’s novel The Power, and imagining what I would do if nature handed me the ability to deliver electric shocks that the book gives to women: what I’d do, it turns out, is make a list of men I blame for Trump and go around discharging volts into them".

As for the movie, I have not seen it , other than the published theatre trailer where the pregnant nut job kills at least one woman on her escapades, so I cannot really comment much until I do.
                I would just note that that there have been numerous films and TV shows going back decades depicting all kinds of sick violence perpetrated on woman including dismembering bodies, all kinds of torture, rape and so on. However, if some male media commentator referred to the male perpetrators and their acts of violence in these films in the same fashion as Sarah Ditum has literally gloated about the pregnant female and the violence she perpetrated on the males, all hell would break loose and the male commentator would be fired and never be able to work in the media again.

But she gets away with her craziness because she is a female (and a lefty femmo one at that just to help her out further) and because of the giant double standard that is at work when it comes to calling people to account.
                This is what feminism does to its followers it turns them into hate filled sexists who enjoy evils befalling the opposite sex, whom feminism encourages them to blame for the evils of this world. ….This destructive ideology warps minds...

From what I have read of some of her work this writer is somewhat deranged and why on earth any self respecting media organisation would employ her and publish her trash is bewildering. But that is the media in the UK in the 21st century for you.
                She is deranged yet this woman is given platforms from which to express, spread and teach her views to feminists and women in the UK and the world. Not only is she a freelance journalist at The Guardian but she makes her living from going around universities and schools giving lectures on 'feminist equality' to children and women across the country.
                Last edited by Equity; 04-23-2017, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X