Oregon First State to Add Third Gender to Driver's Licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon First State to Add Third Gender to Driver's Licenses

Oregon became the first state in U.S. history on Thursday to offer more than two gender options on identity documents, including driver's licenses, making it the first to legally recognize non-binary, intersex and agender people on ID cards.

When the history-making rule — which the state Transportation Commission passed late Thursday afternoon — goes into effect on July 3, Oregon residents will have the option to choose among three gender categories when applying for driver's licenses or state ID cards: male, female and "X" for non-binary or unspecified.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-o...censes-n772891
    Now I don't have an Oregon Driver's License. My Driver's License says Sex: . In that case it seems to me, even if you buy into all of the gender identity stuff, that sex is binary (with the exception of some very few people born with both or neither sex organs) even if gender identity isn't. So wouldn't it be completely appropriate to include sex as only male/female?

It seems inconsistent. If your license identifies sex than they're not disrespecting your gender identity by ascribing your sex. I read these lectures about how "sex and gender are two different things." If that's the case, why try to force rules about gender onto a document that identifies sex? Is the goal to gain acceptance for 4,000,000 different genders, and then merge the two concepts back together?
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

It would appear that Oregon Driver's Licenses specify sex not gender:
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

I don't know what you're on about. Right there, under Sex, it has an "F" for "Feminist"....
      FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
      It's time to call it out for what it is.
      == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
      http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

Which begs the question.. how are future government statistics on crime and injuries going to be tallied? How are they going to know how much abuse women are suffering when there are no more women... and no more men either?

If sex is a construct.. then what does it matter how many "female" CEO's there are.. or if men enter "Womens" domestic violence shelters.

Moral relativists can't seem to make up their minds... and if they are allowed to ignore biological traits... well... grab your popcorn and enjoy the slipper slope into the maws of hell itself!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_e View Post
          I don't know what you're on about. Right there, under Sex, it has an "F" for "Feminist"....
          Think you might be right there Mr E. I know nothing at all about US Driving licenses, but right there she has Endorsements for 'P' and Restrictions on 'D'. Guess if she's been riding the D, that would resultant in a P endorsement from Feminist Control Central.
          "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
          Originally posted by menrppl2
          Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Comment

Working...
          X