Michelle Carter guilty of manslaughter in suicide texting case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelle Carter guilty of manslaughter in suicide texting case

Michelle Carter, who as a teenager sent texts urging her then-boyfriend to commit suicide three years ago, has been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter by a Massachusetts judge, who described her behavior as "reckless."

Carter, 20, broke down crying in court, putting her head in her hands, before Judge Lawrence Moniz announced the verdict. Involuntary manslaughter is defined as an unintentional killing resulting from recklessness or criminal negligence.

Conrad Roy was 18 when he died in July 2014 of carbon monoxide poisoning after locking himself in his truck. During the trial, the prosecution claimed Carter, then 17, was reckless and caused his death by telling Roy to get back in the car even though they say he didn’t want to die.

While announcing the verdict today, Moniz said that Carter instructed Roy "to get back into the truck well knowing of all of the feelings he [had] exchanged with her, his ambiguities, his fears, his concerns."

"This court finds that instructing Mr. Roy to get back in the truck constituted wanton and reckless conduct," Moniz said.
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/judge-anno...opstories.html

"Carter, 20, broke down crying in court". Interesting, when the guy died she didn't shed a tear. In fact, she told him to get back into the truck.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.
    == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

i dont agree with this verdict at all.
      Originally posted by MatrixTransform
      where were you before you put yourself last?
      Originally posted by TheNarrator
      Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

This was a seriously disturbing and tragic incident, from two seriously disturbed and tragic individuals.

What was particularly disturbing was the way in which this young women was able to encourage and persuade young man to commit suicide.

It almost makes you wonder if women have this innate ability to encourage and persuade men to their demise...uhmm

Comment

did you read the original texts?

man ive had a suicidal friend and at first i kept saying 'we can help you" etc can talk.. can get help

after a while i said

:STFU DO IT OR DONT I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT:

im sorry but we truly dont really know what happened.

passing judgment is ignorant and stupid
          Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

If I recall, the texts had nothing to do with a final "if your serious, do it already" text. I think it was days and weeks of her encouraging him to kill himself. Sorry, but this woman is a psychopath.
            I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

It was in no way involuntary, this woman is a sociopath, she needed a topic for her graduation paper and his suicide was a handy thing, if he did not kill himself she would have to fin another topic, so she made sure he went trough with it, her paper was more important to her then the life of her friend, i hope she rots in prison.
              I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
                did you read the original texts?

man ive had a suicidal friend and at first i kept saying 'we can help you" etc can talk.. can get help

after a while i said

:STFU DO IT OR DONT I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT:

im sorry but we truly dont really know what happened.

passing judgment is ignorant and stupid
                We don't know what happened, but the court looked into it pretty thoroughly. You've had an experience, don't project it on this case. The evidence is pretty blatant, she went far beyond the shock tactic challenge. He had attempted suicide before, so he wasn't just all talk and trying to attention grab. At the end of the day his death proves that.

She's being held culpable for manslaughter because the facts are, there's a person dead, whom she pressured into getting back into the suicide instrument, and even as she knew he was killing himself, she didn't report it.

There is a mountain of difference between your situation of attempting to help and ending up feeling used, and this case with a suicidal boyfriend and wholly callous 'girlfriend'. Imo she wanted rid of him, maybe because he was a mess up, maybe his involving her was some desperate ploy to make her care for him. He played his hand, she played hers. Time to pay the piper.
                "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
                Originally posted by menrppl2
                Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Comment

To me it looks like a horrible case of Munchhausen by Proxy.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

Listening to the judge, what got her in trouble is three words "Get back in."

Roy planned the suicide and was attempting it. But then he seemed to have second thoughts and change his mind. So he got out of the vehicle. He then contacted Carter and told her he didn't want to die. And she then told him to get back in the truck...fully knowing that it would kill him. That right there is where she crossed the line.

She also admitted to a friend that she could have saved him. If she did not pressure him, he'd likely be alive today.

Comment

Originally posted by pbisque View Post
                      If I recall, the texts had nothing to do with a final "if your serious, do it already" text. I think it was days and weeks of her encouraging him to kill himself. Sorry, but this woman is a psychopath.
                      they did not.

you missed my point.

my point was that you were not there.

the early texts were concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by voidspawn View Post
                        We don't know what happened, but the court looked into it pretty thoroughly. You've had an experience, don't project it on this case. The evidence is pretty blatant, she went far beyond the shock tactic challenge. He had attempted suicide before, so he wasn't just all talk and trying to attention grab. At the end of the day his death proves that.

She's being held culpable for manslaughter because the facts are, there's a person dead, whom she pressured into getting back into the suicide instrument, and even as she knew he was killing himself, she didn't report it.

There is a mountain of difference between your situation of attempting to help and ending up feeling used, and this case with a suicidal boyfriend and wholly callous 'girlfriend'. Imo she wanted rid of him, maybe because he was a mess up, maybe his involving her was some desperate ploy to make her care for him. He played his hand, she played hers. Time to pay the piper.
                        from experience i can tell you that the courts are a sham. they don't work and don't do their due diligence.

the whole system got lazy at one point.

Comment

anyone judging her and calling her names. if you havnt been in her shoes. you're probably wrong.

Comment

Without question the only media in existence today is biased one way or the other. From what I've read, she is a horror show. You've clearly read a different source. I'm not going to make any representation that I know which source is more accurate. The only thing I will say is that lying by omission is way easier to do than actively publishing false information that would count a libel in court. From what I read she did a weeks long campaign to get this kid to kill himself and then played the "poor me" victim afterward. I have also read that while the kid was in the process of killing himself, she actively told his parents she had no idea where he was. You may be right for all I know, but considering the inordinate bias against males in the court system, I'm pretty sure if they convicted a girl, there must be some meat behind the story.

Comment

exactly my point pbisque.

i've read what i think was a neutral one. that showed old and new texts.

most of the sources only showed recent texts.

i dont pretend to know. but i get miffed when others pretend to know as well.

having been at the mercy of the courts 3 times in my life. each time i've realized that it does not serve the people and only serves the state by getting $$$$ flowing. that is ALL

Comment

Working...
                              X