Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_e View Post
    It seems you now have an answer.
    An answer, but it's not really a definitive one until it survives the challenge of appeal.

I could easily see a situation where the sitting judge found her guilty because of the political pressure knowing that it would get reversed upon appeal. I'm not saying that will happen, but it would shield the judge from the political backlash while still serving the law. Unethical in my opinion, but I could imagine it.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
      An answer, but it's not really a definitive one until it survives the challenge of appeal.

I could easily see a situation where the sitting judge found her guilty because of the political pressure knowing that it would get reversed upon appeal. I'm not saying that will happen, but it would shield the judge from the political backlash while still serving the law. Unethical in my opinion, but I could imagine it.
      Or the judge plans to give her a slap on the wrist. Her sentencing is in August and the judge has a wide latitude for a sentence for this. It could be anything from probation to 20 years. I seriously doubt she gets the maximum.

Comment

Working...
      X