Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix Cancels Feminist Drama Girlboss After One Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Netflix Cancels Feminist Drama Girlboss After One Season

    After it bombs.

    http://www.nme.com/news/tv/netflix-c...season-2094418

    This is the third recent high budget cancellation of a feminist show/drama on the site for low viewership, Sense 8 after two seasons costing over 160 million dollars and The Get Down after one season costing 120 million dollars. Seems like feminism is not that popular with people.

    "TAKE THAT PATRIARCHY!!!" Article about Girlboss by The Guardian when it was first released...

    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...sophia-amoruso
    Last edited by Equity; 07-09-2017, 12:50 AM.

  • #2
    Feminism doesn't come in waves but collapses. Previously it's collapsed entirely under the weight of it's bigoted stupidity. But now it's attracted opposition and reacted to censor it and remove it, trying to retain and grow it's power utilising its extremism to avoid the internal collapse that happens when moderates exit. It's tried to force internal obedience with ever growing threat and hate narratives, that it can't give up regardless of how hypocritical and harmful to people they get. That's created this rapid growth of the most extremist and sexist feminism yet. Let's hope it's raised itself high enough to make it's fall from a lethal height.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Originally posted by menrppl2
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by voidspawn View Post
      Feminism doesn't come in waves but collapses. Previously it's collapsed entirely under the weight of it's bigoted stupidity. But now it's attracted opposition and reacted to censor it and remove it, trying to retain and grow it's power utilising its extremism to avoid the internal collapse that happens when moderates exit. It's tried to force internal obedience with ever growing threat and hate narratives, that it can't give up regardless of how hypocritical and harmful to people they get. That's created this rapid growth of the most extremist and sexist feminism yet. Let's hope it's raised itself high enough to make it's fall from a lethal height.

      Feminism does indeed come in waves... like nausea.
      FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
      It's time to call it out for what it is.
      == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==


      The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
      http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Equity View Post
        After it bombs.

        http://www.nme.com/news/tv/netflix-c...season-2094418

        This is the third recent high budget cancellation of a feminist show/drama on the site for low viewership, Sense 8 after two seasons costing over 160 million dollars and The Get Down after one season costing 120 million dollars. Seems like feminism is not that popular with people.

        "TAKE THAT PATRIARCHY!!!" Article about Girlboss by The Guardian when it was first released...

        https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...sophia-amoruso

        It was stuck behind a paywall. There wasn't a way they could watch it for free. SJWs bitch and clamour for entertainment to cater to them, but they then don't support it when it comes out. Look at what's happening at Marvel. Marvel caved into SJW pressure and completely trashed their books to make them more "diverse," and sales tanked. Since the new books ran their old readers off, Marvel is now trying to get any readers to come back to them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by massivemustelid View Post
          It was stuck behind a paywall. There wasn't a way they could watch it for free. SJWs bitch and clamour for entertainment to cater to them, but they then don't support it when it comes out. Look at what's happening at Marvel. Marvel caved into SJW pressure and completely trashed their books to make them more "diverse," and sales tanked. Since the new books ran their old readers off, Marvel is now trying to get any readers to come back to them.

          Screw Marvel. Serves them right. I hope they choke on it.
          FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
          It's time to call it out for what it is.
          == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==


          The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
          http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

          Comment


          • #6
            I imagine the same fate will befall another feminist TV series: "Bold Women"... which was being promoted like crazy on TV the other day. You know when they drop that much advertising money that they are trying to polish a turd and push a social narrative.

            Comment

            Working...
            X