Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking of entitlement to the bodies of the opposite sex ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of entitlement to the bodies of the opposite sex ...

Hi,

... this is what it looks like:

http://www.eonline.com/news/865583/k...as-5-years-old

M

Jerry Seinfeld, that's the one I keep getting mixed up with Gary Shandling, whom I get mixed up with Jim Carrey, whom I occasionally get mixed up with Steve Martin. But I can consistently tell Woody Allen from Chevy Chase, Woody Allen is the one of the two who has actually said things that are funny.

Jerry has set a splendid example of not walking into a trap. He didn't recognise her, random woman child walks up asks for physical contact with a male celebrity. That should set off the alarm bells, hauled in court, ass sued off, life about to be destroyed alarm bells. Kesha walks up, same alarm bells should still go off.

I think he's handled it well, as diplomatically as possible, but he'll still get media bashed in defence of Kesha's feels as she milks it for everything it's worth.
    "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
    Originally posted by menrppl2
    Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Comment

Originally posted by voidspawn View Post
      Jerry Seinfeld, that's the one I keep getting mixed up with Gary Shandling, whom I get mixed up with Jim Carrey, whom I occasionally get mixed up with Steve Martin. But I can consistently tell Woody Allen from Chevy Chase, Woody Allen is the one of the two who has actually said things that are funny.

Jerry has set a splendid example of not walking into a trap. He didn't recognise her, random woman child walks up asks for physical contact with a male celebrity. That should set off the alarm bells, hauled in court, ass sued off, life about to be destroyed alarm bells. Kesha walks up, same alarm bells should still go off.

I think he's handled it well, as diplomatically as possible, but he'll still get media bashed in defence of Kesha's feels as she milks it for everything it's worth.
      Yes, but what is it worth?
      That is actually the crux of the question.
      Are women entitled to men's bodies, in that they can freely hug and feel up men whenever they want?
      Do they have the right to make an issue of it if they are denied this freedom?

Again I refer everyone to their daily experience. Who hugs whom? What are the borders, the limits, the no-nos?

M

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
        Yes, but what is it worth?
        That is actually the crux of the question.
        Are women entitled to men's bodies, in that they can freely hug and feel up men whenever they want?
        Do they have the right to make an issue of it if they are denied this freedom?

Again I refer everyone to their daily experience. Who hugs whom? What are the borders, the limits, the no-nos?

M
        Entitled, no the are not. It goes both ways. We have social distance in all stranger relations for a reason, just like we have closeness in familial relations for a reason. I hug my nieces when I meet them at the airport, I don't hug other people's nieces.

Kesha wants to play the I want to make the world a better place by giving hugs and healing. That is when she's not making cases against a producer for sexual assault, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rt-papers.html or depositions that he didn't http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...t-lawsuit.html

If Seinfeld's inner warning was firing off it was with good reason.

I'd like to live in a world where members of our society are close enough to share some familial connection, where a person who looks like they could use some support even a hug can get comfort from strangers. But that isn't what's being shaped.

This entitlement goes beyond just I'm entitled to use your body for a hug, it's that a female like Kesha expects to be entitled to gratitude and praise for her magic healing and warm fuzzies that come from her wanting a hug. That as a male you should be so mindblastingly grateful you completely ignore the toxic manipulative BPD traits on display and roll a dice on your liberty.
        "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."

Comment

Entitled, no the are not. It goes both ways.
          I disagree. It goes more one way than the other way.

We have social distance in all stranger relations
          Yes, but IMO women have more leeway in all degrees of strangeness, and in all directions, rejection as well as infliction.

Kesha wants to play the I want to make the world a better place by giving hugs and healing. That is when she's not making cases against a producer for sexual assault, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rt-papers.html or depositions that he didn't http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...t-lawsuit.html

If Seinfeld's inner warning was firing off it was with good reason.

I'd like to live in a world where members of our society are close enough to share some familial connection, where a person who looks like they could use some support even a hug can get comfort from strangers. But that isn't what's being shaped.

This entitlement goes beyond just I'm entitled to use your body for a hug, it's that a female like Kesha expects to be entitled to gratitude and praise for her magic healing and warm fuzzies that come from her wanting a hug. That as a male you should be so mindblastingly grateful you completely ignore the toxic manipulative BPD traits on display and roll a dice on your liberty.
          Yeah, but IME it's not just Kesha, it's all of them.
          Seinfeld didn't reject Kesha because he knew who she was, but because he didn't know who she was.
          It's not a Kesha thing.

M

Comment

That's the reality and I wouldn't dispute that, if I were to qualify, I'd say it is only fair that it should go both ways.

Yes, but IMO women have more leeway in all degrees of strangeness, and in all directions, rejection as well as infliction.
            Agree.

Seinfeld didn't reject Kesha because he knew who she was, but because he didn't know who she was.
            It's not a Kesha thing.

M
            Agree again, but Kesha was the example given, and she had a high profile money motivated case in the news not that long ago. Where she was doing the full victim card game, and getting feminist media support to demolish the legal defences of the accused.

I think it just fleshes out the point, that telling her to keep her distance is sensible, whether you've seen her track record or not.

Seinfeld needn't know who she was, but he's just being sensible if he realises his gender and status make him a target.

Don't forget the only thing that makes this news, is how unusual it is, and that doesn't stem from Kesha's behaviour, it stems from Seinfeld's. He's supposed to give her the hug to show what a wonderful warm man he is in responding to what a wonderful warm woman she is. The whole expected performance is just that, Seinfeld broke the performance, in public, Kesha even noted, she thought at the time this will be talked about (admittedly, not a hard prediction when she goes on to talk about it.)

Comment

Hi,

... this is what it looks like:

http://www.eonline.com/news/865583/k...as-5-years-old

M
              She should get a grip. There's no God-given right to a hug.
              FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
              It's time to call it out for what it is.
              == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
              http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

It's not a Kesha thing.

M

Frankly, it wouldn't matter if he knew her or not. If he didn't want to touch / hug her. That's his right and she can go pound sand (up her own ass).

Comment

That's the reality and I wouldn't dispute that, if I were to qualify, I'd say it is only fair that it should go both ways.

Agree.

Agree again, but Kesha was the example given, and she had a high profile money motivated case in the news not that long ago. Where she was doing the full victim card game, and getting feminist media support to demolish the legal defences of the accused.

I think it just fleshes out the point, that telling her to keep her distance is sensible, whether you've seen her track record or not.

Seinfeld needn't know who she was, but he's just being sensible if he realises his gender and status make him a target.

Don't forget the only thing that makes this news, is how unusual it is, and that doesn't stem from Kesha's behaviour, it stems from Seinfeld's. He's supposed to give her the hug to show what a wonderful warm man he is in responding to what a wonderful warm woman she is. The whole expected performance is just that, Seinfeld broke the performance, in public, Kesha even noted, she thought at the time this will be talked about (admittedly, not a hard prediction when she goes on to talk about it.)
                  Sorry, but I read this as "No, no, we agree"
                  Yes, it is unusual, that was my whole point, which I am indeed striving to not forget: women are and act as if they are entitled to initiate physical contact.
                  No "It's my body" or "Ask for consent" drivel there. While a man can be _charged_ if he's holding someone by the hand.

M

Comment

Originally posted by mr_e View Post
                    Frankly, it wouldn't matter if he knew her or not. If he didn't want to touch / hug her. That's his right and she can go pound sand (up her own ass).
                    Exactly.

M

Comment

Originally posted by mr_e View Post
                      She should get a grip. There's no God-given right to a hug.
                      There is not.
                      But all the f-jammer about entitlement turns out to be yet another projection. Colour me surstonished.

M

Comment

Jerry Seinfeld is the man! He was in his late 30s while dating a 17-year old. Why? Because he could! Yabaa Dabaa Dooooooooooooooodle!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...and_Shosha.JPG

But on the other hand, as a father of a young Charlize Theron doppelganger, I am forced to protest.
                        Last edited by oldblueeyes; 07-10-2017, 10:28 PM.
                        Stay single and prosper!

Comment

Speaking of entitlement to the other's body, I'm not sure if anyone's heard of this following very famous case of a frenchwomen successfully suing her husband for lack of sex.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ck-of-sex.html

Reverse the roles in this story and feminism would use it as an example for men abusing/objectifying women/their wives.
                          Last edited by Equity; 07-13-2017, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Equity View Post
                            Speaking of entitlement to the other's body, I'm not sure if anyone's heard of this following very famous case of a frenchwomen successfully suing her husband for lack of sex.

Reverse the roles in this story and feminism would use it as an example for men abusing/objectifying women/their wives.

Indeed.

+10Indeeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Equity View Post

Well, yeah, this is what was common before "marital rape" legislation.
                              No wonder feminists hurried to put MR in place.
                              Imagine the Sex Fees the deadbed moms would have owed by now, with interest and all.

M

Comment

Working...
                              X