Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America is turning into Canada......

BLS: Americans Spend More on Taxes Than Food and Clothing Combined

Not good. Taxes just keep creeping up and up and up. When is it all going to end?
    Stay single and prosper!

Utopian paradise is just one more tax hike away!

Comment

Also working on putting people in jail for mis-gendering.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20299/...emily-zanotti#

Now we just need an effeminate douche-bag as President.
      "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
      "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by oldblueeyes View Post
        Taxes just keep creeping up and up and up. When is it all going to end?
        I saw that article this morning and thought about how tax obstructs my pursuit of education. My job has an outstanding tuition assistance benefit, but any tuition assistance above $5,250 per year is considered income and therefore taxable. If you're familiar with grad tuition at good schools, you know that $5,250 doesn't go very far. If you try to stay under that $5,250, it could take around ten years to finish your degree. Many of my coworkers have said that they've found a grad program they want to take, but won't do it because of the taxes. You can get a deduction if your program of study is directly related to your current job (it counts as some kind of business expense). That's nice if you're an accountant pursing a masters in accounting, but there are a lot of gray-area situations (e.g. an HR person getting a masters in law), and I've read that lots of people are suing the IRS over being taxed for programs in that gray area. I don't agree with taxing any kind of accredited, formal education.

Just to be clear, I agree that not everybody should go to college. Grad school isn't as important to me as it used to be. But if somebody has the opportunity to get into a program that interests him, study under the top thinkers in the field, and add those thinkers to his network, I resent the fact that tax is what stands in the way.

Comment

Working...
        X