• Show
Clear All

• 101 Everyday Ways for Men to Be Allies to Women

Another white knight trying to push the Feminist line:

[quote][i]
    "I
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

RE: 101 Everyday Ways for Men to Be Allies to Women

that's a mighty long article to write to basically say "men are shit because penis"

Comment

I only read part of it, but I have noticed that a decent number of these are telling you to join indoctrination programs

Comment

R and R...Yes it is. Funny how much energy someone will put into preaching the party line and dissing men.

AVFM Mission Statement
        sigpic

Comment

I made it to number twelve and stopped, lest my eyeballs begin to stink.
          Did you leave it better than you found it?

Comment

Hey, look, the fool linked to AVFM in point 89. You know what they say, curiosity birthed the MRA.
            Your Dawn listens, my Lord! Let all the Aurbis know itself to be Free! Mehrunes is come! There is no dominion save free will!

Comment

1. Recognize your privileges, especially your male privilege (and white privilege if applicable).
              Why? Whether one has privilege or not has no bearing on how good of an ally they are, if they are at all.

2. Make a daily effort to acknowledge and then challenge your male privilege.
              Nope. Not gonna apologize for being male. We could spend all day counting out tit for tat to see who is privileged and who is not or we can actually discuss how to solve actual issues. I prefer the later.

[b]3. Recognize that your male privilege (among other privileges) may in fact blind you to others

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah
                Hey, look, the fool linked to AVFM in point 89. You know what they say, curiosity birthed the MRA.
                Good catch!

AVFM Mission Statement
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is probably going to be long (so scroll down heavily if you don't want to read what V
                  My IRC chat server: nonmarxism.serveirc.com

Or, for those who don't know how to IRC, click here: https://kiwiirc.com/client/nonmarxism.serveirc.com/avfm

Comment

I'm impressed that you made it through the entire list.
                    I got sick of it early in.

Comment

point 88 is indicative of something I see a lot, especially where it says "You are a trailblazer in your community."

It seems a great many feminists, even ridiculously hard core ones like this guy don't know shit about their own movement. You can't be a trail blazer, or act as if you're going against the grain when your 'movement' is essentially an arm of the government - Canada has 'status of women Canada', the states has that office Obama started to do with women and girls or some shit, both countries fund with tax payer money HUNDREDS of other feminist organizations as well as funding feminists in academe. Then Europe has the EU which is basically EUF(European Union of Feminists) and the world has the United Nations which is strongly feminist. It baffles me how so many feminists think they're somehow fighting against societal norms, without ever realizing they ARE societal norms.

Comment

[quote=Lucian-Valsan]
                        [quote]
                        70. Learn and use appropriate vocabulary.
                        (...)Here are some keywords you should know: feminism, patriarchy, oppression, privilege, resistance, intersectionality, LGBTQQIAA (and what each letter stands for), double consciousness, masculinity, femininity, differences between sex and gender, gender spectrum, sexism (and all of the -isms), glass ceiling, glass escalator, whiteness, etc. That
                        Your Dawn listens, my Lord! Let all the Aurbis know itself to be Free! Mehrunes is come! There is no dominion save free will!

Comment

40. Never seek recognition or affirmation.
                          So why the fuck did you write this article, again?
                          The ancient shitposter returns.

Comment

You know, there's apparently worse forms of the acronym floating around than LGBTQQIAA. Now there's apparently LGBTQQIAAP and LGBTTIQQ2SA.
                            Do you have any idea what the proverbial fuck do these acronyms stand for? The lost me altogether after LGBTQIA.
                            I mean,... seriously... LGBTQQIAA?!?!
                            My IRC chat server: nonmarxism.serveirc.com

Or, for those who don't know how to IRC, click here: https://kiwiirc.com/client/nonmarxism.serveirc.com/avfm

Comment

Originally posted by Reyeko
                              point 88 is indicative of something I see a lot, especially where it says "You are a trailblazer in your community."

It seems a great many feminists, even ridiculously hard core ones like this guy don't know shit about their own movement. You can't be a trail blazer, or act as if you're going against the grain when your 'movement' is essentially an arm of the government - Canada has 'status of women Canada', the states has that office Obama started to do with women and girls or some shit, both countries fund with tax payer money HUNDREDS of other feminist organizations as well as funding feminists in academe. Then Europe has the EU which is basically EUF(European Union of Feminists) and the world has the United Nations which is strongly feminist. It baffles me how so many feminists think they're somehow fighting against societal norms, without ever realizing they ARE societal norms.
                              I'll take cognitive dissonance for $200 Alex.

Originally posted by Lucian-Valsan
                              You know, there's apparently worse forms of the acronym floating around than LGBTQQIAA. Now there's apparently LGBTQQIAAP and LGBTTIQQ2SA.
                              Do you have any idea what the proverbial fuck do these acronyms stand for? The lost me altogether after LGBTQIA.
                              I mean,... seriously... LGBTQQIAA?!?!
                              I'm pretty sure one of the A's is Asexual but the second A and Q and the I all have me lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X