Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex-selective abortion is cynical

This was in the New Statesman. Thought you might be interested

[quote]Sex selective abortion is abhorrent. It must be prevented, and there are several ways this might be done. For example, withdrawing sex-screening from NHS hospitals wouldn

RE: Sex-selective abortion is cynical

I don't see where the problem with sex-selective abortion is. Surely if "I don't feel like having a child" is sufficient justification for abortion, then so is "I don't feel like having a boy/girl."

Comment

Originally posted by Syme
      I don't see where the problem with sex-selective abortion is. Surely if "I don't feel like having a child" is sufficient justification for abortion, then so is "I don't feel like having a boy/girl."
      Therein lies the rub. Pro choice people who argue that abortion should only be the choice of the woman involved shouldn't be concerned when women are making decisions that they don't agree with. After all, by their own argument, it's none of their business.
      “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
      ― Pythagoras

Comment

I think the problem seems to be that "women should have the right to make decisions... unless they make decisions we don't like".

Notice that feminists make a big deal about how it's sexist for women to abort female babies, but they also state that they deserve the right to abort male babies.

The whole feminist culture is kind of like this... you're supposedly empowered! But if you actually do anything we don't want, we're going to shun you SOOOOOO hard! You have CHOICE! Well, until alcohol is involved, then you can neither choose anything, nor even choose to say "no" to the drink in the first place... of course, men can. You can do ANYTHING a man can do! Well, unless you ask to be allowed to face the same challenges men do, then you're far too frail and delicate of a flower, and you should be ashamed for even asking.

I have agency because I have taken responsibility for my actions by saying that I can, and will, pave my own way through life. If something gets in my way, I either go around it, or move it out of my way, because I'm capable of doing that. Feminists would have me believe that I'm a cripple, and incapable of anything on my own because of patriarchy, and that if I did anything at all, it was only because feminism was there pushing me along the whole way and fending off all the scary men for me because I'm useless on my own.

In each and every situation, feminism says "yes, yes, you can choose too!" to women and girls, up until they make a decision that feminism doesn't want... then it rips it out of their hands and goes "oh, but not that choice, sweetie, now go back to chanting your mantra about how girls have power to choose what they want while I dispose of this nasty choice that you wanted".

If women want to abort female babies, it's their choice. It's still killing a child, and I'm not going to argue that point, besides stating that it's literally their choice to do so. You can't on one hand insist women should be able to choose, then get pissy when they actually make a choice.

One or the other, not both. You have choice, or you don't. You aren't "free to choose" if you're only allowed to choose from state-sanctioned "safe" choices.
        It doesn't matter if they're right; if they can't prove they're right, then they\'re wrong, no matter how right they may be.

Comment

"Because it is impossible to create a sexism-free society by forcing women to give birth to babies they do not want."

Because it is impossible to create an atrocity-free society by allowing women to kill babies they do not want.

I know it's not popular. I know I probably stand alone, but I think killing a defenseless child is wrong. It's always wrong. Feminists promotion of abortion is also evidence of what feminism is really all about. Women who are feminists are superior to everyone, even children.
          Calling someone a misogynist because they criticize feminism is like calling someone a racist because they criticize slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by ptgrenville
            "Because it is impossible to create a sexism-free society by forcing women to give birth to babies they do not want."

Because it is impossible to create an atrocity-free society by allowing women to kill babies they do not want.

I know it's not popular. I know I probably stand alone, but I think killing a defenseless child is wrong. It's always wrong. Feminists promotion of abortion is also evidence of what feminism is really all about. Women who are feminists are superior to everyone, even children.
            I have been thinking this for awhile I have noticed that, even in my personal life that they have started to compete with children now. In terms of sympathy votes and protection of individual rights. Some of them just don't have the ability to understand that children should garner the most protection and attention than them.

As for the Article I agree with many of the sentiments already posted. I think abortion is killing but if you are going to legalise it what is the point of getting uppity about gender selective abortion. I would assume that that would be the next logical step before we get to designer babies. After all isn't that what the mainstream culture is all about?

Comment

Working...
            X