Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feminists discover why women are shorter than men!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feminists discover why women are shorter than men!

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/vetenskap/...kortare-an-man

Maybe somebody with Swedish skills might tell if I understand this correctly.

Appearently, women are just shorter because they get less food! Because of oppressing patriarchy!
    Blue whale females are bigger than blue whale males, isn't that evidence enough?

Can somebody please tell me, that either this is a parody or I didn't understand it correctly?

It's not too far a stretch of the imagination, seeing as diet played a huge role in general overall height of humans from hunter-gathers to farmers to present. Our long foray into agriculture reduced our average height by four inches; with modern diet, we're back to comparable height to our H/G ancestors. But even so, throughout all of that, the genus Homo Sapiens has ALWAYS had a gendered height difference of about three inches.
    RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

Women Against Feminism.

Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

Comment

Feminist science...an oxymoron if ever there was one.
      "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

This, from the crowd who brought you free bleeding.
        _

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

Comment

It takes roughly a 2. grade familiarity with basic biology to not only debunk that retarded crap, but facepalm while doing so.

Comment

We all know that height difference is one of may biological differences between women and men, also known as biological dimorphism. And it is an evoltuinal property of the human species.

Someone should note, though, that when girls eat as much as boys do, they do not get taller, but rather wider.

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore View Post
              This, from the crowd who brought you free bleeding.
              kattwilliams.jpg
              That's just NASTY!

Comment

This reminds me of the communists/feminists telling me that women in sports only underachieve compared to men because of the patriarchy making them feel bad and destroying their self esteem/faith in their own abilities.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

Comment

I want a T-shirt that reads: Sexual dimorphism is a myth of the patriarchy.

I have seen plenty of fat little girls and they aint taller than skinny boys. The idea little girls aren't getting enough calories (in western civ) is utter hogwash. They are assumed weaker and less able to withstand deprivation. Its a social value that permeates our thinking. While I think parents are more likely to encourage a boy to eat (persuade/coerce him) I think parents are overwhelmingly more likely to listen to the needs of their daughter and grant her every wish (obey her). If she wants more she gets more, that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradePrescott View Post
                    This reminds me of the communists/feminists telling me that women in sports only underachieve compared to men because of the patriarchy making them feel bad and destroying their self esteem/faith in their own abilities.
                    I suggest linking them to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft9Ey...yer_detailpage

this is also good for the opening post, they put the cart before the horse there so to speak. men need more calories and nutrients in order to grow their denser muscle mass and size. but the growth is not optional or caused by their diet, they are going to grow larger regardless and doing so requires more resources. a man or boy feed the same amount as what a female needs to remain healthy will be malnourished.

they have some of the right pieces they just don't know how to put them together, it is true that anyone's growth can be stunted if they fail to get enough nutrition. but they fail at understanding that our bodies are built according to the blueprints that are our genetics. having more resources doesn't cause anyone to grow taller that what is on those blueprints, they just cause extra calories to be stored as fat whether your male or female.
                    if you were building a house following blueprints and you ended up with extra wood you wouldn't stick an extra floor on top would you? no you'd store that wood for later use.

they also seem to have missed the fact that males and females require different resources in different amounts. men need and greatly desire a diet high in protein
                    (necessary for building that extra muscle.) while women prefer more vegetables and fruit in their diet. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/fe...ritional-needs
                    next time you order a steak and she has a salad you will know why, and when she tries to guilt trip you for the same or to claim her choice was based upon needing to maintain her weight you'll have a response. still wont keep you off the couch however women are seemingly immune to logic no matter how well reasoned.
                    "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Agreed. The subject article is wishful thinking dipped in BS and wrapped in pseudoscience.
                      Did you leave it better than you found it?

Comment

This accusation is the vilest form of mental abuse. To accuse men of collectively starving women of food, is just an attempt at mental torture. Also it is mentally ill as it is seeing intentionality where there is none.

I've had females do this sort of irrational shit with me in real life, It is a pretty nasty manipulative thing to do, blaming men for things beyond their control. Women are smaller because they where protected more and where more except from selective pressures than men.

Comment

Originally posted by seawave_ger View Post
                          http://www.svt.se/nyheter/vetenskap/...kortare-an-man

Maybe somebody with Swedish skills might tell if I understand this correctly.

Appearently, women are just shorter because they get less food! Because of oppressing patriarchy!
                          Blue whale females are bigger than blue whale males, isn't that evidence enough?

Can somebody please tell me, that either this is a parody or I didn't understand it correctly?
                          Women are shorter because the human species is not monogamous. Only in a completely monogamous society does sexual dimorphism tend to disappear. For example, Gibbons are monogamous, and males and females are basically the same size. Silverbacks are polygamous and male Gorillas are much larger than females. 70% of divorces in contemporary society are filed by women... do the math.
                          Last edited by Androgen; 03-08-2014, 02:39 PM.
                          "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

You guys are not really discussing this stupid "research" eh?
                            Every sane person sees the obvious stupidity in this bullshit.

Comment

the average gender height gap is 13 cm, about 5 inches but a petite 5'3 woman is not that easily settling for a proportionate 5'8 man, she's more likely to look for a 6 footer or above. goddamn you hypergamy!
                              Amanda Marcotte\'s no. 1# fanboi

Comment

Working...
                              X