Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a sick joke.

Comment

There was a Honey Badger episode all about this a week(? two?) ago and it was just as bad then as it is now.

The issue so much isn't that Anita is doing wrong and hurting the industry, it's a big industry it can protect itself, it is that so many people are actually listening to her when she is so obviously a fake.

I can understand the gaming industry wanting to look like it is being inclusive because larger fan base = more profits, but to go out and just listen to someone without doing any research on them is a stupid move for anyone.

When Anita started going on about her Feminist bullshit in video games I didn't really think much of it because I saw it for what it was and I thought that other people would too but it seems that this is not the case. Or more disturbingly, they see it for what ti is and ignore that just so that they can jump on the band wagon of what is "right".

I think what annoys me the most about her ranting diatribes is that she completely ignores the Women who are working in the video game industry and the entire sub industry of games made for Women and Girls. She makes them seem like they are unimportant, weak, and incapable of having input. She also ignores the already growing ranks of Female Gamers that enjoy all the things that she harps on. As if a woman is not allowed to enjoy watching the same jiggle physics that "men" enjoy.
      I'm So Meta Even This Acronymn

Comment

Fuck Sarkeesian and fuck the morons who enable her behavior. That she's not rotting in jail for fraud, let alone has a lucrative career peddling her bullshit where it'll have the most influence, manages the impossible of lowering my faith in humanity even further.
        Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

All MRA's have to do is make the argument that male disposibility is extremely endorsed in most video games - that there aren't enough female targets for first person shooters - for example - and hell on earth can be unleashed. Anyone who has the slightest amount of taste could recognize that 99% of games have less literary and intelligence quality than a novel based on the Warcraft universe. What she is noting is the result of the decline of the western patriarchy which used to keep tripe prolefeed in check through a moral sense of self-censorship.
          "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

Originally posted by Androgen View Post
            All MRA's have to do is make the argument
            If only it where that easy. A slideshow, with 200 examples and details, with reference to thousands of arguments will at best get a "Well thats true BUT WYNIM HAS IT WORSE".

Comment

Originally posted by ScreachingDragon View Post
              If only it where that easy. A slideshow, with 200 examples and details, with reference to thousands of arguments will at best get a "Well thats true BUT WYNIM HAS IT WORSE".
              Ah, yes, the old "nobody actually pays attention to the facts so my argument will slide" point... There's more than enough facts to illustrate that men have it far worse in society than women in the contemporary era.

I honestly can't understand what's going on in anyone's head who takes contemporary feminism seriously when one of feminism's key issues is "x man made a pass at me so I'm viciously oppressed." For example, in the dreaded "Rebecca Watson as 'sex object'" incident that exploded on YouTube because of how hard it is to take such an incident as a serious indication of systematic oppression of anyone.

Honestly, if men ran around totally freaked out that some woman hit on them and they had to turn that woman down, I would have serious fears for the future of the human race. I've turned down a fair number of women in my life who hit on me or asked me out unprovoked and not once did I feel the least bit oppressed by it.
              Last edited by Androgen; 03-03-2014, 02:54 AM.
              "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

I honestly can't understand what's going on in anyone's head who takes contemporary feminism seriously when one of feminism's key issues is "x man made a pass at me so I'm viciously oppressed." For example, in the dreaded "Rebecca Watson as 'sex object'" incident that exploded on YouTube because of how hard it is to take such an incident as a serious indication of systematic oppression of anyone.
                Because you hear it every day. Its propaganda. Its not rational. You are either given victim status (Oooh Nice prize) or guilted (I'm so horrible. I will agree blindly as to make up for sins of my other kin). Hear it enough you won't even think your ideas through.

Thats why you will hear people defending freedom of speech, and decrying censorship, but once feminism is brought up, they switch sides like magic, and won't even realise what happened.

People trashed Jack Tompson, but Anita Sarkeesian gets an award. They say almost the exact same things. See how it works?

Comment

All MRA's have to do is make the argument that male disposibility is extremely endorsed in most video games - that there aren't enough female targets for first person shooters - for example - and hell on earth can be unleashed.
                  This.

sdkjafakdfjsajdhfasnmdasfbhads <- extra text due to forum minimum.
                  http://www.mensrightshalifax.com/
                  FaceBook Page

Comment

I have a simple question for the gaming industry if they really think that misogyny is a big problem and deserves awarding this harassing bully Sarkeesian:

Have they ever produced a (mainstream) game where the sole target of brutal violence is women?

Have they ever produced a (mainstream) game where the sole target of brutal violence is men?

I rest my case - misogyny is not remotely the main form of sexism in games.

Comment

I have a simple question for the gaming industry if they really think that misogyny is a big problem and deserves awarding this harassing bully Sarkeesian:

Have they ever produced a (mainstream) game where the sole target of brutal violence is women?
                      Yes.

Have they ever produced a (mainstream) game where the sole target of brutal violence is men?
                      Yes.

I rest my case - misogyny is not remotely the main form of sexism in games.
                      I don't know how that line of questioning is evidence of that.
                      I'm So Meta Even This Acronymn

Comment

When I first came across Sarkeesian's rantings a little while ago the first thing I thought was "FRAUD" - especially since her Kickstarter video was intended to be the first of a multi-part series. And yet at the time I'd heard of her and the obscene amounts of money she'd raised, it had been over a year since her initial gaming video. The second was ... "Who are the idiots who stuck their hands in their pockets for this?"

It then got me thinking of a Kickstarter project in return. A humorous yet satirical look at Feminism and Kickstarter itself. I'd pick a subject at random and the title would be along the lines of "[insert subject here] - a feminist perspective." I'd even dress in drag for the video. We're in the process of moving house but in the summer I'll take another look at it and see what can be done.

I'm a game developer and the fact that my peers are rewarding this individual shows that the world has gone nuts. The biggest problem with Sarkeesian's views is that they are several years out of date. Women now take up almost 50% of the game playing public so games, particularly casual games, have become more gender neutral. One thing you don't want to do as a developer is alienate half your potential customer base.

I've spent my own time looking into some of the issues she's raised and found them to be bogus. She obviously didn't go back far enough either. There have been plenty of games released since the early 80s that she might see as sexist, even at a time when such games were extremely rare. Take Artworx' Strip Poker from 1982. There were additional data disks available where you could play against additional female players. But at a time when gamers were vastly predominantly male, it might surprise her to learn that there was also a MALE data disk.

Feminism ... pffft!

Comment

It's a shame that she's still getting all of this attention, considering that she's stolen other people's work for her own commercial gain. Now there's an artist stating on her Tumblr that Anita Sarkeesian lifted her artwork, without permission, for her own commercial gain:

http://cowkitty.net/post/78808973663...etter-to-anita

I suppose it's unsurprising at this point, but once again, Anita Sarkeesian is a lying, conniving thief.

Comment

Contemporary video games are, for the most part, prolefeed tripe. I don't think they're especially sexist against women considering that a vast number of them support violence against men. Analyzing pop culture with the hope of improving it is like trying to resuscitate an Egyptian mummy.

Comment

Working...
                            X