18 year old self-entitled princess attempts to stick it to mom and dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NameNotImportant View Post
    How much do you want to bet that her current "benefactor" is banging her behind his wife's back?
    If not, I'm sure he wants to. Isn't that the MO of the white knight?
    _

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore View Post
      If not, I'm sure he wants to. Isn't that the MO of the white knight?
      True, but this guy seems like he's more alpha than that. From the other articles linked in this thread he was the one that provided the alcohol etc... to Rachel Canning.
      https://christianrestoration.wordpress.com/

Comment

Read this story a couple of days ago and thought - is she 18 or 8?

What beggars belief more is that the case is being bankrolled by her friend's parents, one of which is an attorney. So is this what he does all day? File pointless and frivolous cases? Is the US legal system so drugged up that it gives him reason to think that she'd be successful?

I was very impressed with the Judge. He knew what Xboxes and iPhones are. Mention them to a British judge and he'd just sit there dribbling at you.

Comment

Originally posted by TickledPink View Post
          Read this story a couple of days ago and thought - is she 18 or 8?

What beggars belief more is that the case is being bankrolled by her friend's parents, one of which is an attorney. So is this what he does all day? File pointless and frivolous cases? Is the US legal system so drugged up that it gives him reason to think that she'd be successful?

I was very impressed with the Judge. He knew what Xboxes and iPhones are. Mention them to a British judge and he'd just sit there dribbling at you.
          The United States legal system has the most lawyers in the world. 90% of those lawyers serve only the top 10% of the people. That's about all you need to know about "justice" in the United States.
          "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

Originally posted by Androgen View Post
            The United States legal system has the most lawyers in the world. 90% of those lawyers serve only the top 10% of the people. That's about all you need to know about "justice" in the United States.
            Like a departed friend of mine used to say:
            "There is no such thing as justice. There's just us."
            The greatest threat to our planet and our future is the mistaken belief that someone else will save it.

Comment

Originally posted by Androgen View Post

I guess she is using potentially phony sexual assault complaints - which I'm against. But I've also been on the "you're not good enough for my daughter" side of class warfare (back before I drank at all - she was also several years older than me). These upper class fathers regard all less wealthy men in the same way middle-class feminists do: creeps and perverts. It didn't matter that I actually deeply loved and cared for his daughter, it just mattered that I wasn't upper-middle class. I ended up dumping her anyway due to a religious difference that developed over the year that I was with her (I became an atheist and, with a potentially wrong belief that I believed that would lead to a lot of cognitive dissonance in her, I ended it out of my previous religious conditioning that atheists and Christians couldn't be in a relationship with each other).

Conservative Christians tend to be grade-A misandrists in society: http://www.avoiceformen.com/men/mens...tive-misandry/

Anyway, her parents exhibit the classic misandristic attitude: HE'S responsible for her virtue, HE'S responsible for whether or not she drinks, HE'S responsible for corrupting her, HE'S responsible... Punish HIM.
              I wouldn't think of this as misandry. This is just classic US parenting -- the thought that your child can do no wrong and their friends or lovers are just corrupting them. Most people think their children are little angels. Well, I've got news for those people ...

I've seen this happen in reverse, too, where a boy's female friend was accused of starting and further enabling his drug and alcohol habits. More than likely, just knowing the boy, he was going to develop these problems with or without her. People need to understand that a person is responsible for their own decisions.

When I first encountered this story one of the first thoughts that came to my mind was "white knighting at its finest". Almost everyone involved in this case is spoiled rotten and has an exorbitant amount of money. The 18-year-old's entitlement in particular is overwhelming, but its mere existence certainly isn't rare, and I doubt very much this case would even exist if the 18-year-old was male.

Why can't she just live on her own, anyway? She's 18, attractive, and probably well-learned. She can probably get a decent job that she would enjoy somewhere while she saves up for college if she really wants an education. Her parents don't owe her squat. They raised her. They've done more than enough.

Comment

Working...
              X