Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huffington Post blames Kevin Spacey for reporters' sexist questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huffington Post blames Kevin Spacey for reporters' sexist questions...

Apparently, according to Huffington Post, it's Kevin Spacey's fault that reporters feed the populace stupid shit by asking stupid rich women stupid questions...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4903800.html

I haven't once cared who did an actresses hair, or who designed her dress, or anything else like that - I sincerely doubt most men give a damn (it's what's under the dress that counts)... Those questions are asked because women are interested in stupid crap like that. Once again, feminists are trying to blame men for vapid women.

When was the last time feminists heard men gathered around in a circle discussing designer dresses and who did someone's hair? This kind of stuff makes it clear just how much of a scape-goat feminists make men out to be for everything.
    Last edited by Androgen; 03-05-2014, 08:55 PM.
    "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

But when Spacey was posed these questions he walked away after less than a minute of vapid probing.
    They need to re-evaluate their assumptions. The conclusion should be that men (or at least Kevin Spacey) just don't put up with vapid probing; not.... whatever the hell the author was trying to say.
    _

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

Comment

Here is the message that should have been taken from this:

Why do women allow themselves to be asked these questions?

How is it anyone's fault but the person being interviewed? As shown here Mr. Spacey didn't like the line of questioning so he merely stopped taking it seriously and moved on. If actresses don't want to be questioned about their hair or their dress, stop talking about it, become vocal against it.
      I'm So Meta Even This Acronymn

Comment

I hate that sites like that require you to use a 'verified' facebook account.
        1. I don't want to give facebook my phone number so that they can sell it to telemarketers or some shit
        2. I don't want to give that site my facebook information so that they can use it for whatever.

fucking feminists cried about mean people on the internet enough to give corporation an excuse to datamine you to oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by godtherapist View Post
          Here is the message that should have been taken from this:

Why do women allow themselves to be asked these questions?

How is it anyone's fault but the person being interviewed? As shown here Mr. Spacey didn't like the line of questioning so he merely stopped taking it seriously and moved on. If actresses don't want to be questioned about their hair or their dress, stop talking about it, become vocal against it.
          Maybe, just maybe there are women who like to talk about this kind of stuff!
          I know, it's hard to believe but I heard somewhere, that there are women who actually engage in discussions about all this stuff!
          But, of course, it's just patriarchy oppressing the women and not allowing them to stop answering questions. We all know, if an actress acted the way K.Spacey did, some agent from this dubious patriarchy would have forced her to stay there and answer the questions!

Comment

Originally posted by seawave_ger View Post
            Maybe, just maybe there are women who like to talk about this kind of stuff!
            I know, it's hard to believe but I heard somewhere, that there are women who actually engage in discussions about all this stuff!
            Yeah maybe, but then those aren't the ones complaining are they? And if they are then they are hypocrites.
            I'm So Meta Even This Acronymn

Comment

No, but feminists are complaining about these women talking about this kind of stuff, because it's sexist.
              Or something like that.
              And hypocrite = feminist anyways :P

Comment

I'm fairly certain Huffington Post is owned, operated, and staffed by functionally retarded psychopaths in a competition to one up each other writing articles with the most stupid bullshit.
                Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

Just more women seeking to be the victim. As usual the comments are more enlightening than the article. The award for the biggest leap to victimhood has to go the the commenters who argue "Women have to answer these questions because they get their dresses for free and that's part of the deal"

Most of these celebrities are multi-multi-millionaires and they are apparently willing to sell their dignity for a free dress. The questions are only asked because they are valuable to magazines that are bought overwhelmingly by women. If they stopped buying the magazines and stopped accepting the free dresses then things would change overnight. But they don't really want to. They want the free dresses and the attention on the red carpet. The magazine readers love digging into peoples' private lives. I've had this conversation with female friends who moan about how badly celebrities are treated by paparazzi. When I suggest they should stop buying the magazines that publish the photos they look at me like I've suddenly grown another head. They just can't accept that they are responsible for funding the whole thing. This "sexism" bullshit is just a cover for their own guilt. Women truly are their own worst enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by crash View Post
                    Just more women seeking to be the victim. As usual the comments are more enlightening than the article. The award for the biggest leap to victimhood has to go the the commenters who argue "Women have to answer these questions because they get their dresses for free and that's part of the deal"

Most of these celebrities are multi-multi-millionaires and they are apparently willing to sell their dignity for a free dress. The questions are only asked because they are valuable to magazines that are bought overwhelmingly by women. If they stopped buying the magazines and stopped accepting the free dresses then things would change overnight. But they don't really want to. They want the free dresses and the attention on the red carpet. The magazine readers love digging into peoples' private lives. I've had this conversation with female friends who moan about how badly celebrities are treated by paparazzi. When I suggest they should stop buying the magazines that publish the photos they look at me like I've suddenly grown another head. They just can't accept that they are responsible for funding the whole thing. This "sexism" bullshit is just a cover for their own guilt. Women truly are their own worst enemies.
                    I'm relatively certain these actresses get what is otherwise many hundred thousand dollar dresses for free from the designer to wear them and answer questions. They're being paid to be an advertisement for the fashion designer, nobody is forcing them to do it.
                    "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

I have made this for everyone:

MRASpacey.jpg

At least we know the feminists are working where women are really the most oppressed in society: the red carpet and Beverley Hills. I can barely think of anyone in the world more oppressed than those people.

The irony is that Huffington is well aware that women are actually paid to wear designer junk and have their hair done by designer hair stylists so that they can advertise them. They're doing their job that they were paid to do when they answer stupid questions: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/02...n_2734175.html
                      Last edited by Androgen; 03-06-2014, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Androgen View Post
                        Apparently, according to Huffington Post, it's Kevin Spacey's fault that reporters feed the populace stupid shit by asking stupid rich women stupid questions...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4903800.html

I haven't once cared who did an actresses hair, or who designed her dress, or anything else like that - I sincerely doubt most men give a damn (it's what's under the dress that counts)... Those questions are asked because women are interested in stupid crap like that. Once again, feminists are trying to blame men for vapid women.

When was the last time feminists heard men gathered around in a circle discussing designer dresses and who did someone's hair? This kind of stuff makes it clear just how much of a scape-goat feminists make men out to be for everything.
                        I'm pretty sure they weren't blaming him for it. They were using it as an illustration as to why the normal, air headed questions that female actors get asked sound rightfully ridiculous when addressed to a man, and he doesn't take it for long before he walks off. They even said it: "...subjecting men to the biases and experiences women deal with reveals the depth of everyday sexism. So yes, Mr. Spacey, it is so f****d up." They are agreeing with him.

What is missing from the analysis is that the questions get asked because the answers are used to sell products, designers, and celebrity magazines, all of which are things that primarily appeal to and are bought by women. Men have little or nothing to do with creating or perpetuating this phenomenon.

Comment

Working...
                        X