Three most damaging words. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three most damaging words. Thoughts?

I stumbled across this today. Tell me what you guys think.

http://sftimes.co/?id=131&src=share_fb_new_131

It is a feminist propaganda piece against the Negative Masculinity that has risen in response to the Toxic society they have created. They have some of the pieces of the puzzle that I'll grant them that, The problem is that they are seeking to remove the harmful negative version of masculinity that they themselves have been promoting and put femininity in it's place and that is only going to cause More harm to both society and those men and boys they are trying to help.

Baby steps I guess, they've finally realized that there is a problem at least. now they just need to understand that problems caused by feminization cannot be fixed by more feminization.
    "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

The video tells a man not to be a man. It's like in Sweden where they teach men to pee sitting down. The video teaches men to share their feelings. To be able to cry. The people who put this video together are the same types that are turning Swedish men into women.

Believe me, a guy who shares his feelings and cries will never get laid. Women want a man. Not a girl.

Comment

Totality Agreed!!!

Nothing less then propaganda!

Telling a person to deny their own sex Is the same thing as telling a person to deny their own existences. It tells that boy child too deny their feeling deny their manhood and deny self...

It's this kind of shit I hate the most!!!!

Bullshit!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack H. View Post
          It is a feminist propaganda piece against the Negative Masculinity that has risen in response to the Toxic society they have created. They have some of the pieces of the puzzle that I'll grant them that, The problem is that they are seeking to remove the harmful negative version of masculinity that they themselves have been promoting and put femininity in it's place and that is only going to cause More harm to both society and those men and boys they are trying to help.

Baby steps I guess, they've finally realized that there is a problem at least. now they just need to understand that problems caused by feminization cannot be fixed by more feminization.
          Exactly - they're on the right track overall, but they've got the ORIGINS OF THE PROBLEM completely backward! And hence, any solution to a problem, which was created without a proper understanding of how the problem came to be in the first place, is inevitably doomed to failure, and will most likely actually make the problem even WORSE!

Case in point - one of the 'negative' pieces of advice that men get, as presented at the beginning of the video, is "don't let your women run your life." Um, okay, so what if a man feels like his partner IS hijacking his life, and taking control over his personal destiny? Is he supposed to just sit back and take it? Shouldn't the overall message be for men to always ASSERT THEMSELVES, and not let anyone - MALE OR FEMALE, determine what kind of person he is, or how he will spend the bulk of his time on this earth?

See - if you only present HALF the problem, you'll just enable the other half to become 10 times worse!
          The Duluth Model is incomplete and outdated; It's time we replaced it with a Superior Model...

Comment

Originally posted by Never_Marry View Post
            The video tells a man not to be a man. It's like in Sweden where they teach men to pee sitting down. The video teaches men to share their feelings. To be able to cry. The people who put this video together are the same types that are turning Swedish men into women.

Believe me, a guy who shares his feelings and cries will never get laid. Women want a man. Not a girl.
            This is nonsense. First, I've personally found intimacy to greatly strengthen my relationships with women both in and out of the bedroom; that means sharing feelings, trust, and respect with each other, and if anything being so open and vulnerable has been great for my sex life. Second, if a woman didn't expect me to cry every once in awhile then she is certainly not worth my time. Crying isn't a masculine or feminine trait; both sexes do it, and to shame one sex for a biological tendency is ridiculous.

In regards to the OP, I saw this video months ago, and my feelings about it have remained unchanged. I agree with the video's spirit, but the literal meanings of the script are completely wrong. I agree that the view of masculinity is twisted for the worse in our global culture, but only to a point; however, the "be a man" phrase on its own is pretty harmless, and if anything its implied meaning needs to be changed so that men can embrace their masculinity in a healthy way. Calling them the "three most damaging words" is the wrong way to go about it.

In my experience the only times I've heard "be a man" used in front of me was to get me to either repress my feelings (as a child) or to do something stupid, and to be honest I've mostly heard this phrase come from women. If being a man meant being cold, hasty, and a dumbass then I wouldn't want to accept my manhood. Obviously I've learned to ignore this phrase because it's mostly used as an insult or in jest, and I very much embrace my masculinity because it's part of my identity.

There should be no shame in being a man, and I'm afraid that that's how this video will come across. Try not to bash this video too much. Even though it comes from the creators of "Miss Representation" they are trying to bring some attention to problems facing boys today.

From their website:
            Compared to girls, research shows that boys in the U.S. are more likely to be diagnosed with a behavior disorder, prescribed stimulant medications, fail out of school, binge drink, commit a violent crime, and/or take their own lives. The Mask You Live In asks: As a society, how are we failing our boys?

At least it's not the privileged, white, cis-gendered, male scum remarks I frequently see hurled by many feminist individuals, groups, and organizations.

Comment

Q: how are we Failing our boys

For starters by taking normal Male behavior and treating it as a "behavior disorder", boys need to run and explore and learn by doing because that's what we as a species Need them to be doing. we need Explorers and Innovators and those qualities can be learned but they cannot be taught. but now we Instead tell them to sit down and shut up and learn by memorization. Then when they fidget because that's not what their hormones are telling them they should be doing we diagnose them with ADHD an prescribe "stimulant medications" doping them up.
              and then we act surprised when they drop out of school, binge drink or do other drugs, commit violent crimes, and/or suicide...
              if a kid did those things and it was discovered that his parents we forcing him to do Cocaine it would be considered child abuse and endangerment wouldn't it?
              http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfac...s-cocaine.html Unless you rebrand it as Ritalin and slap a nice legal FDA sticker on it, then it's perfectly Ok right?
              "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Working...
              X