X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White people are banned from participating in diversity event

I do not know what to say..

http://www.infowars.com/college-grou...ty-happy-hour/
    Logic is the cement of our civilization, with which we ascend from chaos, using reason as our guide.

Expose Feminist lies: Women rulers = perfect society , Gender: a social construct, Feminism is for everyone, Feminists research, Domestic Violence: A gender problem, Rape Culture exists, More Women on Board, Women are not violent, Women don't Rape, Wage Gap, Males have privileges, Best of Interest of child,Women were denied history

Female Privileges: Upbringing , Career, Education, Employment, Crime, Family Court, Community Responsibility

You must Audio/Video record while dealing with women and government officials

Not very diverse is it.

Comment

Originally posted by sentra View Post
      I'm not sure either. The fact that it was clearly emphasizing racist statements in the message they gave themselves is one thing, but when you read the comments, there's a hell of a lot of racism there as well.

The whole point of a diversity event is to be, well, diverse, and try to expose people to these other people and show them as actual humans so that they don't start hating each other. Intentional segregation like this only breeds the bullshit that shows up in the comments, where people start to grow resentment for being treated as an underclass. This resolves nothing. The implication, as well, in the invitations as well that all white people are white supremacists, is insane, though the comments sure as hell aren't helping to confront that point -_-;
      It doesn't matter if they're right; if they can't prove they're right, then they\'re wrong, no matter how right they may be.

Comment

Yup time to write my rep on this.

Rep. <snip>

Sir, If these are state employees at a publicly funded community college they certainly are out of line IMO. I’m all for diversity education and discussion, however I’m not for locking demographics out of public discourse or events at one of our publicly supported institutions. I am wondering if we are in agreement and if you could insure our best interest is represented here.

<Links>

Respectfully
        <GOM>
        Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 03-15-2014, 03:41 AM.
        ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
        virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
        AVFM Mission Statement
        sigpic

Comment

Karama Blackhorn in a nutshell:

Comment

I personally think, well it depends on what the definition of diversity is. You can have one type of diversity event that's billed as an opportunity for different backgrounds to mix together, in which case no party should be banned. The purpose is homogenization and mixing with people of different backgrounds. Otherwise, I personally do not think there is anything wrong with one particular group to want to get together with those of similar background to them. I know it's controversial to say that. At the same time, it happens all the time anyway. Why pretend we are not a society defined by nepotism? Why not admit to it but specify that what matters is that people of different races or classes or other status do not mistreat members of alternative groups? Furthermore, it should be ok to want to mix with those of other backgrounds in some circumstances, but not in other circumstances.

My perspective on this is quite interesting because, as a gay man, I do like to sleep with men of other races, but I tend to like different races in different ways and what activity I do with one race isn't going to be the same as with another race. What I find, though, is that when I sleep with a black guy, I usually like to talk with him as well because there is something about black and Italian men where it's like their communication styles wake up a side to me that is usually dormant when I talk to most white men, but which I can exercise when I talk to blacks or Italians. It's that whole side to communication that relies less on analytical words and more on emotion and body language, and it's very hard for me to explain it but I use a different part of my brain when I talk to most blacks and most italians than I use when I talk with most whites or Asians. And I like it. But I like talking with whites and asian types too. Because I have that side to me too.

All that is part of the human condition. I also have to say I criticize that side of political correctness that insists on total homogenization at all times. Society must be put in a blender and all evenly mixed up and homogenized with quotas in every single organization and no opportunity for different organizations to have specific unique characters. That's boring. Diversity shouldn't mean mandatory homogenization achieved in a top down command and control manner, where every organization out there lives in fear of the slightest criticism of having some kind of failing in the "diversity correctness" department.

Comment

So these people are IN FAVOR of Segregation?

I bet Martian Luther King Jr is spinning in his grave right about now.
              "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Jack H. View Post
                So these people are IN FAVOR of Segregation?

I bet Martian Luther King Jr is spinning in his grave right about now.
                Well this is an interesting issue.

You should consider reading about Malcolm X.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_X

and his criticism of the mainstream civil rights movement.

And also try to contrast his life with that of Martin Luther King.

I am trying to look up the article where I read about him, but what I remember is, the reason Malcolm X espoused black separatism was because he concluded that white society was a hopeless cause, and could never be trusted not to oppress and exploit blacks. When you look at how feminist control of the welfare system, along with how the welfare system shifted to one involving incarceration of black men along with "mental disability" diagnoses for black children of single mothers, along with requirements that they be put on debilitating neureleptics, which are erroneously four times the diagnosis rates of whites (at least), and this happened all on Bill Clinton's and George W. Bush's watch, both of whom were responsible for a lot of deal making between the welfare bureaucracy, private prisons and healthcare companies.

At this point, it's about time someone said maybe Malcolm X had a point. And for a white person to argue he had a point isn't a sign of racism -- rather, it is an indightment of the massive and extreme criminality of the US government and business world, along with the tendency for white society to use blacks as scapegoats ESPECIALLY when claiming to be acting "compassionate" and "wanting to help" towards them. When you look at what goes on in this society, some of the abuse that goes on in minority communities which is barely ever talked about, one cannot help but conclude that more people need to consider thinking like Malcolm X.

You should also note an interesting contrast between the life of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. Malcolm X did some work as a gay prostitute. Martin Luther King didn't. My opinion has always been, that one little distinction explains the difference in their viewpoints much more than people might imagine.

Who is more right?

Malcolm X had first hand experience dealing with some of those bastards.

He knew.

I don't think history is going to be kind to modern society's treatment of blacks post civil rights movement.

I should note, after the holocaust, Jews didn't all move to Germany in order to bask in and trust the German government's promises to make amends. They created Israel.
                Last edited by dmschlom; 03-15-2014, 04:59 AM.

Comment

dmshlom, you get less and less credible with every other post. Soon you will be raving how moon shoes created ancient rome.

Comment

I think you should simply either research various issues for yourself and discuss them with me. I am happy to consider the possibility that I am not privy to ALL the information out there. But to dismiss facts with epithets is not kosher.

No credible academic or writer ever said moon show created ancient rome. Plenty have raised concerns over welfare corruption, and its effect on the poor and on blacks.

I have spent a couple of years studying and researching these issues. Have you? If you don't understand a point, you can ask me to clarify specific points, and you can ask me for background information. Otherwise, it isn't your business to throw epithets at anyone who argues the conventional wisdom is wrong. In addition, there is something wrong with a situation in society where mere epithets can substitute for facts, so long as the person throwing the epithets supports traditional mainstream positions which, by the way, have certainly created unjust situations for the poor -- though perhaps not for the well off.

Comment

Originally posted by dmschlom View Post
                      Well this is an interesting issue.

You should consider reading about Malcolm X.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_X

and his criticism of the mainstream civil rights movement.

And also try to contrast his life with that of Martin Luther King.

I am trying to look up the article where I read about him, but what I remember is, the reason Malcolm X espoused black separatism was because he concluded that white society was a hopeless cause, and could never be trusted not to oppress and exploit blacks. When you look at how feminist control of the welfare system, along with how the welfare system shifted to one involving incarceration of black men along with "mental disability" diagnoses for black children of single mothers, along with requirements that they be put on debilitating neureleptics, which are erroneously four times the diagnosis rates of whites (at least), and this happened all on Bill Clinton's and George W. Bush's watch, both of whom were responsible for a lot of deal making between the welfare bureaucracy, private prisons and healthcare companies.

At this point, it's about time someone said maybe Malcolm X had a point. And for a white person to argue he had a point isn't a sign of racism -- rather, it is an indightment of the massive and extreme criminality of the US government and business world, along with the tendency for white society to use blacks as scapegoats ESPECIALLY when claiming to be acting "compassionate" and "wanting to help" towards them. When you look at what goes on in this society, some of the abuse that goes on in minority communities which is barely ever talked about, one cannot help but conclude that more people need to consider thinking like Malcolm X.

You should also note an interesting contrast between the life of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King. Malcolm X did some work as a gay prostitute. Martin Luther King didn't. My opinion has always been, that one little distinction explains the difference in their viewpoints much more than people might imagine.

Who is more right?

Malcolm X had first hand experience dealing with some of those bastards.

He knew.

I don't think history is going to be kind to modern society's treatment of blacks post civil rights movement.

I should note, after the holocaust, Jews didn't all move to Germany in order to bask in and trust the German government's promises to make amends. They created Israel.
                      @^$#%&^&*%$T: I think you need to bullet point your points because this sounds nuts. The imputous is on you to educate us if you make the assertion.

AVFM Mission Statement
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm sure there is a couple of things that these students are going to learn with this event.

Oxymoron...... diverse segregation.

Race is not so easily defined. What will they do when a Saami wishes to be admitted.

Edit. I've got it they let the Saami in for a half hour only lol.
                        Last edited by nawotsme; 03-15-2014, 06:02 AM.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJV81mdj1ic

What can I say?

Comment

Originally posted by dmschlom View Post
                          I have spent a couple of years studying and researching these issues.
                          Just like you researched feminism. And you will TOTALLY get around to writing that book...Eventually....Maybe..... And you TOTALY have evidence for your theories. You just need ME to find it. Because thats how an argument works.

Say whatever you want, and then the other person has to waste their time on your bullshit.

I just don't care what you have to say no more. You have shown to me repeatedly that you just say stuff, but never offer solid backing. You make insane conspiracy theories, or just plain stupid theories and never back them up with anything solid.

So I don't care what you have to say because I don't respect your opinion because you have not proved to me that it's worthy of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by nawotsme View Post
                            I'm sure there is a couple of things that these students are going to learn with this event.

Oxymoron...... diverse segregation.

Race is not so easily defined. What will they do when a Saami wishes to be admitted.

Edit. I've got it they let the Saami in for a half hour only lol.
                            Yup and this is in my hood. I will be getting political here since it is my taxes paying for this.

AVFM Mission Statement
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder what sense it makes, replacing the evil of forced segregation with the evil of forced integration. Isn't it better to let people who don't want to be around certain other people be able to do so, rather than forcing them together and pushing tensions to a boiling point? Most bigots tend to avoid people they feel bigotry towards, and when they're not around those people they're indistinguishable from anyone else.

Take Japan, for instance. Anyone who's actually been around the Japanese can tell you they're one of the most racist groups in the world. But they have their own country, keep to themselves, and discourage immigration. They tolerate tourists but don't encourage them to stick around. And does anyone have a problem with Japan's bigotry? No, because they're off to themselves the way they want to be, and nobody's trying to force their way in.

So where are the places people who don't want to be around the politically correct favored demographics can go and not get hassled by people they don't want to be around, and have their desire for such seclusion be respected the same way Japan's is? If they're white, heterosexual, cisgender, and religious, the answer is nowhere. They'll get attacked wherever they go, have integration forced on them.

Forced segregation is evil, forced integration is evil. The solution is a middle ground, following the non-aggression principle, where those who want to be segregated can do so without being attacked or vilified, and those who want to be integrated can do the same. And I can guarantee that a lot of the tension and issues would just disappear if people weren't being forced together and called evil for not being happy about it.

And to be honest personally I'd be happy living anywhere as long as nobody was causing me problems for living there, and I wouldn't have a problem living next to anyone who followed the non-aggression principle. I keep to myself and I'm polite to people I'm around, and if someone's unpleasant I try to avoid them where possible and don't make an issue of it. I'm just sick of everyone on TV, YouTube or Twitch, or basically anywhere on the internet constantly bringing up race or gender or whatever else and using it to slam and vilify and spout bigotry towards the "privileged" demographics. This sea of hypocrisy is pulling me under.
                              Last edited by Nateyj11; 03-15-2014, 08:09 AM.
                              Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X