• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Yup time to write my rep on this.
    Got my response on this, nice to have a rep who is on top of things:

Chief,

This was an incredibly stupid statement by them, followed by "less than stellar" remarks after wards. I am a member of the house higher education committee and will be voicing my concern with the SPC CC leadership when I see them. Hopefully they are equally appalled and will be taking corrective actions.

Thanks for asking.

<REP>

On Mar 14, 2014, at 7:32 PM, >> wrote:

Rep. <SNIP>

Sir, If these are state employees at a publicly funded community college they certainly are out of line IMO. I’m all for diversity education and discussion, however I’m not for locking demographics out of public discourse or events at one of our publicly supported institutions. I am wondering if we are in agreement and if you could insure our best interest is represented here.

Respectfully
    <GOM>

“A group of employees at South Puget Sound Community College caused outrage after they made it clear that white people would not be welcome at a planned diversity “happy hour” event.”

http://www.onlibertystreet.com/2014/...tolerance.html
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 03-15-2014, 09:43 PM.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nawotsme View Post
      I'm sure there is a couple of things that these students are going to learn with this event.

Oxymoron...... diverse segregation.

Race is not so easily defined. What will they do when a Saami wishes to be admitted.

Edit. I've got it they let the Saami in for a half hour only lol.
      How old are you? Do you know what it's like to grow up in academia? The white students will accept this as their rightful punishment for being white - just like the left-wing of Europe is letting Islam in whole heartedly even though it's had an openly stated violent intention of conquering Europe for 1600 years. That's how white people behave. You can't really speak out against anti-white sentiment when it does crop up in academia any more than you can speak out against feminism without being gangstalked.

That being said, I strongly oppose racism and white supremacy so if any of the ilk on this board are a huge fan of allowing it - find the door. You might as well just put men in extermination camps because there will be no way to fight the waves of misandry sweeping the Western World.

Feminism is currently exterminating the Japanese - white people are not the only victims of its systematic misandry.
      Last edited by Androgen; 03-16-2014, 12:04 AM.
      "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

I'm old enough and educated enough to recognise racism in all its forms, including xenophobia.

What evidence do you have that all white students will accept their punishment?

Can you introduce me to these Muslims who have plans of European domination?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJV81mdj1ic

What can I say?

Comment

I'm old enough and educated enough to recognise racism in all its forms, including xenophobia.

http://www.amazon.com/An-Explanatory...otherhood+goal

http://www.pewglobal.org/files/2013/09/EXTREM18.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sed-doors.html

http://www.amazon.com/The-Looming-To.../dp/1400030846

Xenophobia is different from having people just come to your country and set up their own legal procedures based on principles which have produced massive human rights violations in the world. I'm more than aware that an individual Muslim isn't particularly threatening in any way, but on large scale, you're talking about a huge culture that has been at persistent war with the West for 1600 years and has made ZERO concessions in their own culture towards western culture. I see no reason to trust en masse a huge waring people that persist in avid and open hatred of western values who have also persistently warred against western nations for centuries.

This is not an example of people who want to be friends with us:

Xenophobia can be cultural and can be racial. My distrust of the very large Islamic powers is based on a strong support of Israel, their history as a culture, their behavior in western nations, the number of terror attacks they engage in, their hatred towards Jews, their violence towards blasphemers (even those in the west), their executions of homosexuals, their executions of atheists, their treatment of non-Muslims as second-class citizens, their documents which call for infiltration and takeover of western powers.

I have worked for both a Pakistani Muslim and a Syrian Orthodox Christian at times in my life. As I said, an individual Islamic individual doesn't bother me, but I distrust huge numbers of them. I'd trust the Syrian Orthodox man with my life. He was probably the nicest and most caring boss I've ever had. His view of Islam was a little more extreme than mine - him having grown up in Syria. It was "All Muslims are terrorists!"
          Last edited by Androgen; 03-16-2014, 03:57 AM.
          "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

I cant find the comments you made about affirmative action for black Americans, and about the Mexican immigrants etc. I thought it was in the thread about cartoon stereotypes. Can you point me to them again?

I'll have a look through the links you provide and comment on them when I've had time to digest them.

You know there are Muslims who point to Stormfront and say that all white people want to kill all Muslims too?
            Last edited by nawotsme; 03-16-2014, 03:52 AM.

What can I say?

Comment

I cant find the comments you made about affirmative action for black Americans, and about the Mexican immigrants etc. I thought it was in the thread about cartoon stereotypes. Can you point me to them again?

I'll have a look through the links you provide and comment on them when I've had time to digest them.

You know there are Muslims who point to Stormfront and say that all white people want to kill all Muslims too?
              Yes, but white people don't immigrate in huge swaths to Islamic countries. The Muslim Brotherhood is not "Stormfront" - it is a very large and powerful organization. Stormfront is a website for "white trash." I'll capitulate to Muslims readily on Blackwater's founders views and I'm not a fan of the military utilizing that organization as a result of Erik Prince's "crusader" ideology. However, I do believe in defending Israel. I am also an outspoken opponent of Guantanamo and believe the death penalty should be the punishment for members of any government that utilizes torture. I have advocated this for many years. My opposition to torture is not based in liking Islamic militants in the slightest and I believe the militants especially are some of the most ruthless and arbitrary killers in the world. I am opposed to torture because we outlawed it in response to 60+ million deaths in WWII and I believe authorizing it is akin to spitting on their graves. Furthermore, I do not believe it is effective and has a history of being used to create false narratives of guilt by corrupt politicians (read a few transcripts from witch trials - unless you believe people can fly on pitchforks if the devil helps them - it most certainly will produce loads of false information).

I haven't taken a position on affirmative action for blacks - but generally I am both pro-welfare and pro-affirmative action for blacks in Universities as they are severely underrepresented. I have had many Mexican friends over the years, my favorite band has a Mexican-American lead singer and a Puerto Rican guitarist. I am opposed to illegal immigration because I believe nations have a right to control their borders and because I believe there are those in the United States who need jobs and because I believe illegal immigration results in unfair labor extortion rackets where employers can violate worker rights with impunity due to the workers' fear of deportation. I love Mexican culture, Frida Kahlo is one of my favorite painters. I think Dios de Los Muertos is a totally awesome macabre holiday. I think it's important to maintain good relationships with close neighbors to the United States. I wish the United States had tried to work out a deal with Mexico to go there and clean up drug cartels rather than going to Afghanistan to re-institute the opium crops after the Taliban outlawed it. As far as I'm concerned, the drug cartels in Mexico are practically a military force and deserve a military response.
              Last edited by Androgen; 03-16-2014, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Can you direct me to the comments?

What can I say?

Comment

Xenophobia =/= racism =/= dislike of a religion. Nationality, ethnicity, and personal beliefs are all different.
                  Last edited by MrScruffles; 03-16-2014, 04:36 AM.
                  The ancient shitposter returns.

Comment

Can you direct me to the comments?
                    What comments? I said I didn't take a position previously on affirmative action. I sympathize with small businesses who may get caught in unfair cases of discrimination. However, I don't have much sympathy for cases of legitimate discrimination. If you don't hire a person solely because he is black - I think you deserve to be sued. Equal rights laws are not "affirmative action." Affirmative action is taking steps to grant additional assistance to people who are institutionally left out of things - such as telling Universities they must pass up a few more qualified applicants for their best black applicants.

Some equal rights things are misapplied and seem to unfairly bias the previously left out "minority," but that doesn't mean they are affirmative action. For example, Title IX should prevent misandristic policies at Universities as it is gender neutral, but this website is only about women: http://www.titleix.info/ (women are not a minority, hence the quotes)
                    Last edited by Androgen; 03-16-2014, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Right, and there is plenty of evidence in different countries where its shown that affirmative action doesn't work and hurts everybody (Including the minority).

Also why do they deserve to be sued? They did a bad thing, and they do not deserve good things to come to them, but suing for maybies and potentialies, leeds to more bad then good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreachingDragon View Post
                        Right, and there is plenty of evidence in different countries where its shown that affirmative action doesn't work and hurts everybody (Including the minority).

Also why do they deserve to be sued? They did a bad thing, and they do not deserve good things to come to them, but suing for maybies and potentialies, leeds to more bad then good.
                        Well, jail might also work if that's what they'd prefer... three year minimum?

Sorry, you're not going to get me to capitulate that equal rights laws are evil in a country with a Declaration of Independence like ours.

I'm not even protected from discrimination under the law as an atheist and we're far less popular than blacks, Muslims, women, Catholics, Mormons, Jews, and gays.

My guess is only transgender would beat us in most disliked. Maybe neo-Nazis on a good day.
                        Last edited by Androgen; 03-16-2014, 04:56 AM.

Comment

I don't want to misrepresent your comments, so I would just like to quote them here verbatim. You made some comments about how America had not evicted Mexicans from their land, and about how black Americans had been subjected to atrocities. It was only yesterday, and I was sure it was in the thread about cartoon stereotypes. I've looked but can't find them.

If you could point me to those comments I'd appreciate it.

Edit. Found it, this one

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...n-it-really-is
                          Last edited by nawotsme; 03-16-2014, 05:05 AM.

What can I say?

Comment

I don't want to misrepresent your comments, so I would just like to quote them here verbatim. You made some comments about how America had not evicted Mexicans from their land, and about how black Americans had been subjected to atrocities. It was only yesterday, and I was sure it was in the thread about cartoon stereotypes. I've looked but can't find them.

If you could point me to those comments I'd appreciate it.

Edit. Found it, this one

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...n-it-really-is
                            Sorry, that was phrased wrong, my comment was about "reservations" for Native Americans - we did exterminate Native Americans and we drove them off the land - hence they get some special treatment according to the law because well - genocide is pretty fucked up. I was saying we don't have reservations for Mexicans because we didn't do that to Mexicans. And Mexicans are largely descended from Spaniards and have their roots in Europe same as whites.

Hence the comment:

"Unlike white women, black people actually were severely oppressed in America.

For the same reason, we don't have
                            [Native American] reservations for Mexicans because, well, most of them were immigrants as well [Like white people, many mexicans are descended from European immigrants] and we didn't drive them off land and exterminate them when we came here."

And, yes, black men have been horribly treated.

I was making a comment that blacks and Native Americans have suffered by far the most bad treatment from whites which is why I am in favor of affirmative action for those who have been severely institutionally oppressed by American society.

EDIT: Whoops... major error. Sorry, I thought Mexicans were mostly descended from Spaniards. I guess most of them are Native American. My mistake. Because of all the exterminations I heard about from Cortez, I kind of assumed that, because they speak Spanish, that South and Central America was also mostly populated by descendents of immigrants. Bad assumption.
                            Last edited by Androgen; 03-16-2014, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Androgen View Post
                              Sorry, you're not going to get me to capitulate that equal rights laws are evil in a country with a Declaration of Independence like ours.

I'm not even protected from discrimination under the law as an atheist and we're far less popular than blacks, Muslims, women, Catholics, Mormons, Jews, and gays.
                              Oh shut up. I guess people who still want some of that sweet sweet victimization pie would want affirmative action.

We have equal rights laws. You have equal rights, under the law. You'r talking equal distribution of everything laws.

Comment

dmschlom,

malcolm x was a racist bigot. there is no doubt on this point.

while i support the right of bigots (or anyone else) to choose their own beliefs, i dont support their beliefs.

if you support malcolm x's ideology of racial separatism, more power to you, but i think you will be surprised by the bedfellows you earn. race is a problem. we are trying the diversity angle now, but i dont even think it will get a fair chance because western civ is already on the decline. crime breeds poverty breeds racism. we'll have over 20 trillion in national debt before the decade ends, and we are about to have the babyboomers in retirement, in an age of technological advancement (read that as expensive longevity). Maybe we could legalize hard illicit drugs for ppl over the age of 60? Hopefully they O.D., amiright?

when the US economy stagnates the majority of poor ppl will blame the other races. its all downhill from there. crime begets poverty begets racism. prison is the nexus. this is why feminism is such an important tool, singlemotherhood is the single strongest factor (lack of father) in determining if a child becomes a criminal, is raised in poverty, gets an education.

I just saw an ad recently celebrating Single Motherhood. its absolutely disgusting what these ppl are doing to society, all in the name of their own personal empowerment. their selfishness epitomizes evil, they simply dont give a fuck who they harm (its the kids).

Comment

Working...
                                X