White people are banned from participating in diversity event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScreachingDragon View Post
    Oh shut up. I guess people who still want some of that sweet sweet victimization pie would want affirmative action.

We have equal rights laws. You have equal rights, under the law. You'r talking equal distribution of everything laws.
    Not in the slightest (equal distribution). And, as an Atheist, according to Wisconson v. Yoder, the establishment and free exercise clause does not apply to atheists.

I'm very much pro-equal rights laws - so I am pro-equal distribution of rights.

And, yep, victimization is evil. Rebecca Watson getting asked out in an elevator isn't victimization which is why I'm here. Adria Richards overhearing some guys talk about "dongles" with sexual innuendo isn't victimization. Treating Julian Assange like Ted Bundy is victimization but not of his supposed "victim."

Having your race lynched, segregated, enslaved, imprisoned, prohibited employment, demonized, massively incarcerated, excessively targeted by police, excluded from quality education, and given horrific indoctrination from the media is victimization.
    Last edited by Androgen; 03-16-2014, 05:48 AM.
    "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that.

It of course leads into the argument about whether affirmative action is institutionalized racism.

Our Aboriginal population have suffered terribly in a historic sense, and efforts are being made to correct this. But it's a long road.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJV81mdj1ic

What can I say?

Comment

Originally posted by nawotsme View Post
        Thanks for clarifying that.

It of course leads into the argument about whether affirmative action is institutionalized racism.

Our Aboriginal population have suffered terribly in a historic sense, and efforts are being made to correct this. But it's a long road.
        But what about the poor white womenz?
        "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

Originally posted by Androgen View Post
          Not in the slightest (equal distribution) - so I am pro-equal distribution of rights.
          Whatever. That doesn't make sense. Unless by rights you mean resource. I don't.

We have different beliefs in what will help everybody get as best as possible. I don't believe in special treatment. For anybody. Truly equal treatment under the law for everybody. And Businesses should have their own choices even If I think they are wrong.

Also stop grabbing victimization pie.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreachingDragon View Post
            Whatever. That doesn't make sense. Unless by rights you mean resource. I don't.

We have different beliefs in what will help everybody get as best as possible. I don't believe in special treatment. For anybody. Truly equal treatment under the law for everybody. And Businesses should have their own choices even If I think they are wrong.

Also stop grabbing victimization pie.
            I identify as white. I've spent eight years of my life studying European and American literature as well as Judaism and Christianity. I'm 1/16th Cherokee, but I don't have any contact with any Native Americans. I'm mostly Germanic and English. My last name is spelled with a British spelling, so if I had to pick what ancestry I identify with it would be British. That's pretty low on the "victimization pie" table. Though if people pull "one-drop" crap on me I will get pissed because I think they're a fucking douche just like I think they're a fucking douche if they pull "seventeen bagillion drops" on someone.

E.G. fucking douche (what must God think of those descended from Greeks and Romans? I.E. most of Europe if he's got such an issue with Native Americans):

I was trafficked in a pedophile ring for several years as a pre-teen - forcibly sodomized once, and molested several times a week for more than a year under the grooming that it was a holy ritual that God wanted me to do, there were about two dozen other boys who were molested as well. I do regard that as victimization as it was extensive, illegal, incredibly blasphemous and abusive of a child's religious credulity, and longstanding.

I don't regard "I got drunk and had a one-night stand" as victimization. And I definitely don't consider "I was asked out in an elevator one night" or "my spouse made me breakfast in bed and woke me up by kissing me without my explicit consent" victimization. I strongly dislike fake victims - or even the ones who are technically victims under the law but the law wasn't really aimed at (like drunk one-night stands being the same as the guy who gets GHB and slips it to a girl).
            Last edited by Androgen; 03-16-2014, 06:21 AM.

Comment

But what about the poor white womenz?
              I think we're in agreement about the gender issue. Certainly a lot of common ground.

What can I say?

Comment

Sorry, that was phrased wrong, my comment was about "reservations" for Native Americans - we did exterminate Native Americans and we drove them off the land - hence they get some special treatment according to the law because well - genocide is pretty fucked up. I was saying we don't have reservations for Mexicans because we didn't do that to Mexicans. And Mexicans are largely descended from Spaniards and have their roots in Europe same as whites.

Hence the comment:

"Unlike white women, black people actually were severely oppressed in America.

For the same reason, we don't have
                [Native American] reservations for Mexicans because, well, most of them were immigrants as well [Like white people, many mexicans are descended from European immigrants] and we didn't drive them off land and exterminate them when we came here."

And, yes, black men have been horribly treated.

I was making a comment that blacks and Native Americans have suffered by far the most bad treatment from whites which is why I am in favor of affirmative action for those who have been severely institutionally oppressed by American society.

EDIT: Whoops... major error. Sorry, I thought Mexicans were mostly descended from Spaniards. I guess most of them are Native American. My mistake. Because of all the exterminations I heard about from Cortez, I kind of assumed that, because they speak Spanish, that South and Central America was also mostly populated by descendents of immigrants. Bad assumption.
                Mexicans are mixed, you know. Actually, the situation in Mexico shows what might have happened if blacks were slaves but did not have black skin and it wasn't obvious. First the Spaniards conquered the mesoamericans. And ruled over them. But -- and this, by the way, is the sort of thing that gives feminists apoplexy -- it didn't stay that way for long. At first you had two classes. Spaniards who were at the top. Mesos who were at the bottom and subjugated. Problem is, since men were "in power" according to feminist definitions of power, soon you started having mixed race half spanish half mesos called ladinos. At some point the ladinos became more and more of the population, until now everyone there is a mix. Sorry, feminists.

The sort of history guaranteed to drive them up a wall.

You might recall, along with being puritanical, a lot of feminists were into eugenics too. All about not mixing with other races and all.

Comment

Hi Androgen,

Had a look through the links and in sequence:

1. The brotherhood is no more Islam than the kkk is Christianity. Estimated 2 million members out of 1.2 billion. The "manifesto" that was found would be like saying they raided a kkk house and found a copy of the Turner Diaries.

2. I'd have to see the study these stats are drawn from to examine how they were arrived at. Ie were the questions loaded.

3. Certainly has been a brutal history, but Christianity wasn't exactly roses either.

4. This one interested me. I'd like to see some paired examples of outcomes from divorce under sharia and western courts. I know the divorces i have seen decided under sharia have an element of being a little more balanced. However, as one of the authors here has shown that in Iran the court's are not necessarily stacked towards men.

And of course western media are not going to present anything that is more balanced favourably. Feminists have worked so hard to achieve the inequality that they now have in our system.

It's also the case that the laws of the nation override sharia. I realise they claim intimidation, and I'm sure it happens, mainly where an agreement has been made to abide by the sharia courts decision, and then one party decides they can get more from the western style courts.

5. Al qaeda is not Islam. Even less members than the brotherhood.

Show me something that says maybe 1 billion Muslims are involved in. Even half a billion. Pointing to extremists as examples of the whole Muslim world is like pointing to rapists as representative of all men.

Funny, i saw an article by a Muslim man who listed maybe a hundred studies by mainly feminists and asked the question why he should adopt western values. Crime is rampant, women are being raped and abused on mass etc.

Anyway, getting off topic.

Glad to hear your rep is on the case GOM. Feel sure that something will be done about this 'diversity' event.
                  Last edited by nawotsme; 03-16-2014, 01:42 PM.

What can I say?

Comment

Working...
                  X