No announcement yet.

University discriminated against medical student with 'extreme' fear of exams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University discriminated against medical student with 'extreme' fear of exams

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/university...401-35vty.html

Newcastle University in Australia has been forced to allow a female medical student an extra 18 months to complete her medical degree. Apparently she suffers from extreme fear of exams so special arrangements had to be made lest she be discriminated against. One wonders how she plans to get through her internship if she can't handle some exam stress at Uni. I guess she'll get a free pass through that as well, and then be thrust on an unsuspecting public.

She has a borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder and that must be a terrible thing to deal with. However, if she cant get her act together enough to do some exams what right does she have to expect to be put in charge of people's lives? I certainly wouldn't want to come across her in a hospital if I or my family were in a medical emergency. Seems like she has an excuse for life. Get a job and claim a medical exemption whenever things get too stressful.

Anyway, I'm off to the beach to apply for a job as a life saver. I'm a rubbish swimmer but I'll just cry discrimination if I'm rejected.

I know some folks who fall apart at exams and boards. We don't give them qualifications when they fail.

One either meets criteria for success our one fails, really. If this young woman had that much going on mentally, I hope she gets some good treatment and tries again when she is of sound mind.
    Did you leave it better than you found it?

Comment

Originally posted by crash View Post
      http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/university...401-35vty.html

Newcastle University in Australia has been forced to allow a female medical student an extra 18 months to complete her medical degree. Apparently she suffers from extreme fear of exams so special arrangements had to be made lest she be discriminated against. One wonders how she plans to get through her internship if she can't handle some exam stress at Uni. I guess she'll get a free pass through that as well, and then be thrust on an unsuspecting public.

She has a borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder and that must be a terrible thing to deal with. However, if she cant get her act together enough to do some exams what right does she have to expect to be put in charge of people's lives? I certainly wouldn't want to come across her in a hospital if I or my family were in a medical emergency. Seems like she has an excuse for life. Get a job and claim a medical exemption whenever things get too stressful.

Anyway, I'm off to the beach to apply for a job as a life saver. I'm a rubbish swimmer but I'll just cry discrimination if I'm rejected.
      Dear god, I don't want her operating on me.
      "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

Working...
      X