UK Deputy speaker calls for legal reform on rape accusations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Deputy speaker calls for legal reform on rape accusations

Nigel Evans - former deputy speaker of the Houses of Parliament - has called for anonymity for those accused of rape, after he was acquitted on multiple counts of rape and sexual assault this week. In a trial that constituted one of the most shocking abuses of the legal system in current years, Evans was found innocent of any wrongdoing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27007764

In the linked story Evans highlights most of the significant MHRM issues related to rape and sexual assault allegations.

Evans was forced to step down from his role as deputy speaker to fight the accusations, which has cost him a reduction of £30,000 ($50,000 US) in yearly salary. He has been left with a £130,000 ($220,000 US) legal bill after a case in which several of the alleged victims publicly and repeatedly stated that they felt no crime had taken place. One alleged victim even said they did not understand why the charges had even been brought.

Meanwhile in yet another display of her outright misandry, former "Equalities" minister Harriet Harman - the single individual most responsible for erosion of men's rights in Britain - has rejected Evans' calls for anonymity for those accused of sexual offenses. Harman's faith in the current system is at odds with her repeated calls for higher conviction rates in sexual assault trials. Her hypocrisy is glaringly clear.

Evans' accusers remain anonymous.
    Last edited by numbCruncher; 04-13-2014, 06:55 PM.

Harman really is a horrid cunt, the UK seems to be getting worse everyday

Comment

Yea... notice how this public figure NOW wants reform... after he feels the sting of injustice.... That's usually how it works. Noone gives a shit until it affects them.

TMOTS

Comment

the I'm specially victimized b/c im high profile pisses me off

no the common man gets the shaft just as bad, except doesn't have the friends in parliament too speak for him or the 130000

but I agree.....most men are all for women and men don't need rights and they probly deserve what they get......until its there head on the block

I'm sure he'll settle for 130000 instead of reform......coz he is special
        Last edited by menrppl2; 04-14-2014, 04:55 PM.
        A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

There is a very easy tactic to achieve anonymity for the accused, and we all know what it is.

If we were feminists we could get away with using that tactic, but as a man, I would get arrested for even suggesting it here.

Comment

You should study Naomi Wolf's work and criticism of the rape situation in Sweden. She argues that the feminist rape laws are responsible for more victimization of women, and anonymous of accusers allows prosecutors to act with impunity and dismiss victims. In other words, Naomi Wolf has articulated the principle that feminist manipulation of rape law is designed to make it easier for prosecutors to intimidate victims and cover up rape. I also find it quite interesting that Naomi Wolf recently disclosed in a debate that she herself was raped and for some reason cannot talk about it. I wonder, how could someone such as Naomi Wolf was raped for some reason, we don't know about it. And it would appear there was no police report even. She has also recently taken an interest in the civil liberties problems involved in using false rape allegations for political purposes. I personally believe her that she probably really was the victim of rape, and I can understand why she would suddenly take an interest in feminist corruption and use of the rape law for extracurricular activities besides the protection of victims, after she herself was a victim of rape.

Comment

I think wherever we have unfair laws, it encourages inhumanity in unexpected ways. I agree Wolf's story rings true: it's difficult to see why she would make a false accusation and then use the exposure it gave her in order to highlight the malicious use of false accusations. Having said that, she does appear to be a bit of an attention junkie.

More on Harriet Harman's misrepresentation of rape, her use of it as a political tool, and how she actually damages the interests of the genuine victims she claims to represent - is in this interesting article;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...isleading.html

The conviction rate for rape allegations that reach a UK court is almost 60% - ten times what Harman claims.
              Last edited by numbCruncher; 04-22-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Whitehead
                According to the latest British Crime Survey, one in every 24 women aged over 16 will suffer an attempted rape or rape in their lifetime.
                What happened to the old "1 in 4" rape statistic that the mainstream media usually cites? Was it changed because of the metric system?

Comment

Originally posted by numbCruncher View Post
                  I think wherever we have unfair laws, it encourages inhumanity in unexpected ways. I agree Wolf's story rings true: it's difficult to see why she would make a false accusation and then use the exposure it gave her in order to highlight the malicious use of false accusations. Having said that, she does appear to be a bit of an attention junkie.

More on Harriet Harman's misrepresentation of rape, her use of it as a political tool, and how she actually damages the interests of the genuine victims she claims to represent - is in this interesting article;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...isleading.html

The conviction rate for rape allegations that reach a UK court is almost 60% - ten times what Harman claims.
                  Yes, Naomi Wolf's story rings true. However, I am smart and I know how to evaluate things. Naomi Wolf was raped, but we could understand things better if we only know the time when it happened. Recall, the feminist community decided to make her a sacrificial lamb after her book called vagina. We need to understand, feminists are a very privileged group of people, who get to have a lots of fun, and sometimes this fun comes at the expense of others, and that is such a hoot. It's just so hilarious, to see someone like Naomi Wolf, who thought she was one of the sisterhood learning her place.

The feminist sisterhood lives according to a culture of sophistication, and a culture of being smart enough to get away with it. They are better than everyone, and that is why they are entitled. But you have to understand, they never stoop to the same level that all of those hypermasculine men who are stupid do, who they criticize all the time. Those hypermasculine men stupidly say things that are easily pilloried and easily criticizable. Even a four year old can see through them, and see how much they are rape apologists. Feminists are better because they are never like that.

And, here is one thing you need to understand: nobody exists who knows how to be evil in a Machiavellian way. Oh no how to be evil is such a sophisticated way, that it takes someone smart to see through them. It's couldn't possibly be true that Naomi Wolf was raped, and feminists were the ones who worked in cahoots with the perpetrator to help him get away with it and put her in a position where she could do nothing about it. Oh no, of course not, feminists would never do that. Women are on a pedestal now. Women are pure. Women are never corrupted or devious. Women are never criminals.

Feminists would never have not sympathized with Naomi Wolf's victimhood. They would be horrified at the possibility that she was raped, and totally mystified at the fact that somehow nothing ever happened, but her book being pilloried by feminists in the media. They weren't treating her too bad reviews because the man who raped her was a big donor to lots of feminist causes, were they? No, of course not. Nobody can prove anything like that. And if nobody can prove it, they didn't do it. After all women never do sneaky things. If feminists are going to be bad, they are going to be evil, it will be very straightforward and blunt about it. Like a hyper masculine man. Aren't they?

It's couldn't possibly be true that Naomi Wolf might be in a position where she has to just shut up about it because her future income and livelihood all depends upon the good favor of those who work for publishing houses, right? Of course something like that couldn't possibly be true. We know that because nobody has done more for women than publishing houses have done for women. The publishing industry is responsible for the careers of every single feminist who is influenced feminist theory in our modern time. They are responsible for all the progress women have made up until now.

That is proof they only want what is good for women, and it couldn't possibly be true that some man ensconced in the publishing industry might have been responsible for it. A wonderful man who is the best of feminist heroes you could imagine. Because he decides who gets published. No it couldn't possibly be true that someone in the publishing industry victimized her, we know that because if she ever said so, we know what's feminists would do to her, all who care about their careers.

We must trust career women to rule over us. To tell us what to do. To tell us what the rules are.
                  Last edited by dmschlom; 04-22-2014, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X