OU Coach Rape case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OU Coach Rape case

So there is a story breaking this morning that an assistant football coach at Oklahoma University had a chick (student) in his off campus apartment and a title IX (sexual harassment) claim has been filed. But get this... it wasn't reported by the girl or by the coach.

There is, of course, some he-said she-said.

She says he wanted to have sex, but she said no cause she's on her monthly.

He says she was all over him, but turned her down cause she was on her monthly.

What definitely did happen was she called a friend to come pick her up from the apartment. Note that not her, but her friend mentioned rape in a text message, and the friend filed a police report on the (victim?)'s behalf.

The (victim?) told the police she didn't want to file a police report because her sorority doesn't need this kind of media attention. The police said that the law requires a report be filed because the accused is a state employee.

Note that no charges are actually filed nor has there been an arrest. Just a huge ass Scarlet letter on the coach's jacket... and something feminists will rally behind.

If I find a link to the story from a news outlet i'll post something.
    _

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

Originally posted by Underscore View Post
    So there is a story breaking this morning that an assistant football coach at Oklahoma University had a chick (student) in his off campus apartment and a title IX (sexual harassment) claim has been filed. But get this... it wasn't reported by the girl or by the coach.

There is, of course, some he-said she-said.

She says he wanted to have sex, but she said no cause she's on her monthly.

He says she was all over him, but turned her down cause she was on her monthly.

What definitely did happen was she called a friend to come pick her up from the apartment. Note that not her, but her friend mentioned rape in a text message, and the friend filed a police report on the (victim?)'s behalf.

The (victim?) told the police she didn't want to file a police report because her sorority doesn't need this kind of media attention. The police said that the law requires a report be filed because the accused is a state employee.

Note that no charges are actually filed nor has there been an arrest. Just a huge ass Scarlet letter on the coach's jacket... and something feminists will rally behind.

If I find a link to the story from a news outlet i'll post something.
    Most will note the obvious which is that all of the he said/she said aside there was no rape or even sex.

What I find surprising even a little disturbing is that there appears to be a law in Oklahoma requiring criminal reports to be officially filed when a state employee is involved.

I work for a state government myself and have never heard of such a law ( albeit a different state ). I guess I have to do some research to find out if such a law in my state exists and applies to me.

Comment

How can you be surprised by this? It's sooooo easy to demagogue legislation through like this.

"What? You don't support a bill requiring mandatory police action in defense of young innocent sorority girls? So you're defending rapists?"
      _

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore View Post
        How can you be surprised by this? It's sooooo easy to demagogue legislation through like this.

"What? You don't support a bill requiring mandatory police action in defense of young innocent sorority girls? So you're defending rapists?"
        As I said I was only surprised by the part where there seems to be a law requiring reports to be filed only in cases where state employees are involved.

It surprises me because I thought I would have heard of it.

So far I have found out nothing about such a law in mystate but I am still looking

The rest of the article is no surprise at all.

Comment

Working...
        X