traffic law advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traffic law advice needed

80 yr old lady in poor health scraps car in parkimg lot makes bad judgement and parks elsewhere.......month later gets letter to report with car to traffic disputes at police station.

is she getting hit and run......or b/c its private property, no.
    does she lose license?

Im going with her to cops, don't know how to handle it.......wheres plummer when you need him
    A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

https://www.dmv.org/tips-for-handlin...iver-claim.php

I doubt much will come of it, just go with her and play it by ear.

You might have to fork over some cash to fix the other guy's damage.

Don't play up the "she's an old lady in poor health" too much because they might say "Well if she's in such poor health, maybe she shouldn't be driving."

Just tell them she parked elsewhere because "she got scared." No one can dispute a woman getting scared.

Comment

thankyou.......apparently highway traffic act doesn't apply to private property in Ontario, so no ticket or demerits

the criminal charge tends to only be for malicious damage injury or death

if she can settle for cash.....no insurance claim or charge or ticket, or insurance increase.

she was planning on poor health excuse, and was hospitalized the next day........but im going to encourage the "i got scared" excuse, that sounds like a winner! not to mention it would be the truth of it. shes never done wrong in her life and has more money than walgreens has pills

I would say she got lucky, every other province the HTA applies to private property.
      Last edited by menrppl2; 03-08-2018, 03:05 AM.
      A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

Working...
      X