Checking Out Of Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking Out Of Society

I saw this article and I thought that it was well done. I figured I should share it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...Out-Of-Society

It is sure nice to see individuals in society waking up to the madness around us

Comment

I almost cried reading this article, really an OUTSTANDING piece! I highly encourage everyone to read it, when they find some time.

This jumped out at me, amongst other things:

Meanwhile, boys are falling behind girls academically, perhaps because relentless and well-funded focus has been placed on girls' achievement in the past few decades and little to none on the boys who are now achieving lower grades, fewer honors, fewer degrees and less marketable information economy skills. Boys' literacy, in particular, is in crisis throughout the West. We've been obsessing so much over girls, we haven't noticed that boys have slipped into serious academic trouble.

It's almost as though feminism would like for men to disappear...become invisible, except when needed for whatever purpose its agenda serves.

Comment

Deidre: Actually, some parts of the feminist movement want just that. Granted, they're the most radical of the radical, but still...

Anyway, that short paragraph you quoted... I've seen it in some form or another several times for at least five years now. And nothing is done about it. Unheard calls, all of them.

Comment

When I was a kid there were girls I started school with whom I would hear say that they wished, how badly, that they had been born boys. I haven't heard any women saying this lately nor have I heard of any other Men
          hearing of it.

What we are hearing of today is Men dropping out or choosing to go their own way. In other words, "I don't want to be your Husband or Father of your children. (or any other woman's)

I'm not going to set myself up to risk bankruptcy to fulfill your "little girl" fantasies of marriage and or being a "mommie". The risk is comparable to standing on the trap door of the gallows with a noose around my neck, in a wager to see if I could have a successful marriage and raise a good family.

WHY SHOULD I ?
          sigpic

Comment

Yup, de_geist is correct. I have also heard rallying calls to help boys in school but i have not seen anything done yet to help stop the decline.
            "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability." - Marcus Aurelius

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you." - Bra'tac of Chulak (Stargate SG-1)

Comment

The whole of society is now geared to suppress boys, or at least to put girls first.
              I organized a youth activity for surfers and skate board riders that was geared towards the boys of the town. Other organizers responded that "you can't do something for boys unless there is a segment aimed at girls". It was like a knee jerk reaction of disgust if you aim for boys unique needs. The project aimed to validate the activity and skills of the boys - doing what they are good at - It provided recognition in terms of media rewards, video and photography, that emulated their cultures' contemporary focus on peers. The first year of launch was a huge success. But this understanding of boy culture was completely foreign / alien to the female organizers. A woman eventually stopped these 'silly reward systems' and the project died in the second year.

Funny thing was that by catering for the community of boys it attracted a lot of girls. I remember telling them that if the boys get engaged and come to the events, then the girls will be very happy. They sneered at this - seems I hit a non PC nerve.
              Go home, spend time with your family. Your world as you know it is about to end

Comment

Originally posted by de_geist View Post
                Deidre: Actually, some parts of the feminist movement want just that. Granted, they're the most radical of the radical, but still...
                Yea, thing is nothing happens in a vacuum...radical feminism used to be on the fringe. It's not so fringe, anymore. Like 'rape culture' used to be a phrase that rad fems used, but...it's becoming more acceptable, for want of a better word. Idk...

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                  Yea, thing is nothing happens in a vacuum...radical feminism used to be on the fringe. It's not so fringe, anymore. Like 'rape culture' used to be a phrase that rad fems used, but...it's becoming more acceptable, for want of a better word. Idk...
                  That's because no one is opposing it, let alone dares to. It starts with fairly mediocre and maybe reasonable things and becomes more radical as it progresses.

Ironically, it's not unlike a spoiled child or "class clown"-type bully at school trying to push the boundaries as to what they can get away with.

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                    I almost cried reading this article, really an OUTSTANDING piece! I highly encourage everyone to read it, when they find some time.

This jumped out at me, amongst other things:

Meanwhile, boys are falling behind girls academically, perhaps because relentless and well-funded focus has been placed on girls' achievement in the past few decades and little to none on the boys who are now achieving lower grades, fewer honors, fewer degrees and less marketable information economy skills. Boys' literacy, in particular, is in crisis throughout the West. We've been obsessing so much over girls, we haven't noticed that boys have slipped into serious academic trouble.

It's almost as though feminism would like for men to disappear...become invisible, except when needed for whatever purpose its agenda serves.
                    You should read the War Against Boys by Christina Hoff Sommers if you haven't.

If anything will make you want to home school your children it is the articles you see on here that are constantly helping the girls and never the young boys. No one really wants self hating sons and self entitled daughters, and for the most part, that is why society is creating far too often than it should.
                    The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.

Comment

That is something that's becoming more mainstream as well (Kind of like "rape culture.") Has anyone else here heard of Hannah Rosin? She's written a book called The End of Men, basically claiming that society doesn't need men anymore and women should just be allowed to take over. She also writes for Slate.com, and my introduction to her was an article on the massacre in that movie theater a couple years ago, where several men died protecting their girlfriends -- and she said that their deaths didn't matter because they were "just one more mouth to feed."

She also participated in a panel discussion with some other women that was hosted by the New York Times where they were claiming that men were "obsolete." She was quoted referencing some radical feminist who thought men would no longer be needed for anything except reproduction, and saying that men weren't even needed for that much anymore, because of artificial insemination -- something which supposedly only a tiny fringe within feminism believe.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/think...ern-world.html

Here's an article on the panel discussion, which was actually a debate on the topic. I don't know if it was specifically hosted by the Times either, although it did include Maureen Dowd, who is from NYT.

It was also Dowd who the quote came from, not Rosin. (Although Rosin was debating on the same team as Dowd.) The quote:

“Norman Mailer used to be terrified that women were going to take over the world as a punishment for being bad to them over the centuries,” says Dowd, who is regularly ranked among the top 100 public intellectuals in America (we know this because it is pointed out twice in the book’s introduction). “All women needed, he said, were about a hundred semen slaves that they could milk every day... Dream on, Norman! All women need is a few cells in the freezer next to the cherry-flavoured vodka and we’re all set.”

Comment

Working...
                        X