Don’t Ask Me to Do Office Housework!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t Ask Me to Do Office Housework!

This article is basically a collection of women bitching about the most insignificant and possible stupid stuff they can complain about at workplace...

So here for some entertainment and also to celebrate that I don't have any female coworker :P

As Usual click the link if you want to read the whole thing instead:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dont-as...od=DJCP_pkt_ff

Don’t pour water for everyone at the conference table. Don’t put that dirty mug in the office dishwasher. And definitely don’t volunteer to take notes.
    This is the first line.. the rest of the article is this same thing over and over again... I am going to focus mostly on the multiple interviews of women being petty about this kind of stuff.

“I think to myself, ‘How would a male version of me behave?’ ” Jillian Vorce says of her frequent interactions with businessmen. Ms. Vorce is the 41-year-old founder of Jillian Group, a Boston-based strategic consulting firm. “I can’t be too controversial because they shut down. I can’t be too flimsy either because then they don’t respect it.”
    I don't know what job this woman have... but sure sounds her mind is not much into it...

A couple of years ago, she was helping a client pitch potential investors when one meeting attendee casually instructed her to take notes. Everyone besides her in the room, at a country club in Connecticut, was male.

“I stopped for a second. I looked at him. And I said, ‘Are your hands broken?’ ” Ms. Vorce recalls. He laughed, grabbed his legal pad and started to write.
    Would have being super funny if she actually is the secretary :P

“Women can totally thrive and survive in high-stakes, high-status workplaces, but only if they’re about twice as politically savvy as men,” Ms. Williams says. “If a man is presented with the office housework, here’s the strategy: say no. If a woman is presented with office housework, you try to do it once, do it gracefully and then work behind the scenes to try to change the system”—for example, moving from informal, ad hoc assignments to a set rotation.
    Blank statement about men... and... woman being passive aggressive.... I think I got it all.

Regular days at the office have their little challenges as well, says Ms. Crisa, who seldom uses exclamation marks for fear of being perceived as cold if she were to skip them later
    WTF does that even mean??? who cares???

Ms. Crisa says she values male allies who do small but concrete things, like publicly emphasize if an idea was hers.
    lol... whatever...

Anna Dapelo-Garcia, a 57-year-old executive with Palo Alto, Calif.-based Stanford Health Care, spent years dutifully taking notes and projecting a sunny demeanor to colleagues before realizing it wasn’t going to win her a promotion.
    She literary though she was entitle to a promotion just by looking cute...

She grew up watching the Latina women in her family cook and clean and brought that servant mentality to the office, she says, until during a performance review in her early 40s, her male boss urged her to speak up more in meetings.

“I thought, ‘Holy crap. Whoa,’ ” she says. “What was that about? Being the greeter, being the smiley face. I don’t have to do any of those things.”
    Literary do nothing but be cute and think that is enough... and also.... where the blame men because women don't talk??? LOL

Article finish with 4 "tips" for men on how to be good "allies"...

Don’t be numb. People can easily become blind to what’s been going on for years and call it the norm, Mr. Ferrazzi says. Pick a day to be aware. Set a calendar invite before meetings to remind yourself to scan for bias. Then channel your inner anthropologist: tally the number of times women are interrupted compared with men, notice how the boss responds to everyone’s ideas.
    Some settings are so dead boring.. that maybe this is not a bad idea jsut to help time move faster...

See something, say something. When you notice unequal treatment, speak up. If a woman’s voice has been drowned out during a discussion, say, “We haven’t heard from Kate yet. What’s your take?” If a boss asks a woman to pour coffee for everyone, volunteer to do it yourself. Talk to the boss afterward, encouraging that person to be more evenhanded in distributing work.
    I can poor my own coffee... I don't understand what is the all this big drama about it...

Listen. Ask a woman you’re close to at work candid questions about her experience—and really listen to the answers. “Where do you feel bias in the workplace?” is a good starting point. Practice empathy. “Just be able to hear it,” Mr. Ferrazzi says.
    At what time they do something actually... productive?

Find a female mentor. It doesn’t matter if she’s above you in the corporate hierarchy or below. “It’s somebody that you want to learn from,” Mr. Ferrazzi says. In his conversations with female executives, many mention feeling talked over. Seeking out a woman’s advice and expertise turns that pattern on its head, he says.
    Sure with such mentoring you will get really far LOL.

I've known some guys who got together and planned a strategy to follow some of the girls who sit around the office griping all day to see where they went after work.
    Sure enough most of them wound up at a Happy Hour tavern on the interstate where they could get a free snack dinner and a cheap drink to nurse until the men started showing up and buying them their drinks. Yes, women have it so hard being suppressed and not appreciated and all.

Apparently this was where the girls got together to plan their male coworkers and boss control strategies while not having to fix dinner or wash dishes in the dishwasher afterwards . One of the things that they realized was that there were an even number of women at the workplace. Most managers or "womangers" as the Feminist like to call them, know to always keep an odd number of females at work..to break the trust factors of these secret alliances. Most professional business people know these cliques as "systematic soldiering" which is generally working against the employer and to these employees benefit.

In the end, those without much skills will tend to want to protect their job and ability to show up and collect their pay check although they rarely earn much of it.
    Which puts ups back to "why are man always paid more".? Well, if you majored in study hall in high school while thinking you'd find a guy with a good paying job to support you and your employer trained you on the job why does this outcome surprise you or you feel you are owed more? You may only be being paid what you are worth to the organization.

One of the biggest problems in business today is FAILING to hold annual employee evaluations and weed out such problems as this.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X