Are you a permanent MGTOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a permanent MGTOW?

Are you a permanent MGTOW, or do you hope to bring about change so you eventually can have agreeable relationships with women?

I'm permanent. If I were to advocate marriage, it would include a prenup and substantially modified vows. Good luck finding a community that would support that, or a society that wouldn't immediately side with her if she changed her mind after the fact.
    Last edited by WontStepUp; 01-12-2014, 11:06 PM.

Originally posted by WontStepUp View Post
    Are you a permanent MGTOW, or do you hope to bring about change so you eventually can have agreeable relationships with women?

I'm permanent. If I were to advocate marriage, it would include a prenup and substantially modified vows. Good luck finding a community that would support that, or a society that wouldn't immediately side with her if she changed her mind after the fact.
    MGTOW doesn't mean you don't date or form relationships with women. Atleast that's not what it means to me.

To me it's about rejecting the common narrative that bullies men into thinking that their sole goal in life should be bending over backwards to meet the needs of some woman unconditionally. That's it. Beyond that it's about opting out of the servant/work drone provider model in the context of a culture wherein the physical and emotional costs and risks of that path far outweigh any of the rewards.
    "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

I am permanently MGTOW and will never look back. After being used as a breathing ATM by over 30 women, Christian and not, I refuse to put myself through it again.
      https://christianrestoration.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'm not sure what permanent MGTOW means. I'm anti-marriage for life. But I'm a conditional ghost, in that I might date a woman I liked who wasn't trying to take my money or control me, and where the time spent didn't seem like a waste or I was abandoning my hobbies.

Comment

I'm anti-marriage

Comment

I'm committed too living my live as a free man on my own terms.....I used too hope for change as I have enjoyed being in, live in relationships, in the past... fear of risk became a deterrent .....And I hated that. Now I value my freedom, from women, societies expectations, and male honour. When I was done grieving for what has been taken, I realized, all I had lost were chains of responsibility. I used too love women, but they didn't love me...I used too love my country, but it didn't love me...I used too love being an honourable man, but it didn't love me. Now I love freedom and living life on my own terms, and living for me.....and wholly fuck....it loves me.

I'd say permanent.......or until women and society decides whats honourable, is to do whats best for men......whatever comes first
            Last edited by menrppl2; 01-13-2014, 05:41 AM.
            A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

I'm a permanent MGTOW, and probably would be even if men in our culture weren't severely punished for romantic involvement with women. I just don't have much interest in seeking out human company beyond my family, especially not if I have to make all the effort, take all the risks, and ultimately assume all the consequences.
              Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

Permanent, there's no way to go back. I'd prefer to live my life without them. I've had my share of grief from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Class-Punk View Post
                  I'm not sure what permanent MGTOW means. I'm anti-marriage for life. But I'm a conditional ghost, in that I might date a woman I liked who wasn't trying to take my money or control me, and where the time spent didn't seem like a waste or I was abandoning my hobbies.
                  This. Also, I would have to not have romantic feelings, because they screw up my judgment, so that I can't even trust myself to do what's right for me. I would have to either skip straight to the out-of-love affection, or walk away in self-defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik View Post
                    This. Also, I would have to not have romantic feelings, because they screw up my judgment, so that I can't even trust myself to do what's right for me. I would have to either skip straight to the out-of-love affection, or walk away in self-defense.
                    It seems like it would be easier to have "enough" attraction, and a hobby/culture-driven friendship and go from there with suspicion. I had a girl like that in my life once, she was into me and also weird enough to appear NAWALT, but I grew up in a Christian trad-con home and was a zealot to the whole idea of falling in love. That's the best place to end the story.

Comment

The fact that I'm going my own way won't change. That I'm doing so alone could, in theory.
                      Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Comment

I see MGTOW as a behaviour and not so much a philosophy, more of a practical solution to problems facing men today causing them to opt out of relationships, fatherhood, marriage and sometimes society...it's reactionary behaviour to those things being bad deals for men.

If those things became fair and balanced deals for men I suspect that I might be tempted into long term relationship, possibly marriage or some other long term commitment, at the very least be prepared to try or look for it.

So no, I don't consider it a permanent thing, although for all practical purposes I don't think we'll see men's issues solved satisfactory in my life time so the upshot is that I may very well be a MGHOW for the rest of my life.

I don't opt out to try and encourage change, change may happen because men are opting out and it may not, MGTOW could be an effective strategy for helping solve mens issues, or it may not, who knows. I personally don't go my own way to make a point, to influence change or anything like that, I just find that in the current climate that it's be best practical solution to problems that face me as a man.

I could campaign and support the MRM but that's a lot of effort for no guaranteed return, which really leaves going my own way as a sort of last resort, the corner I'm backed into. If you don't want to risk unfair treatment in some circumstance then just avoid that circumstance.

Comment

Yes, but really I just can't imagine being any other way...

Comment

Working...
                          X