Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A note on not being an excessive dick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A note on not being an excessive dick...

I got a message on youtube today from MGTOW people. I had left a few comments on men's rights videos and I guess that's what led someone to send them to me.

In it was an offer to join them at their forums and make fun of women's dating profiles.

Obviously the feminists did this with the "Nice Guys of OKCupid" crap - picking out guys' dating profiles and making fun of them.

Neither of these is cool - it's just being an immature asshat going after people who are putting out public information that is, despite its public nature, of a somewhat personal nature. I don't give a damn if you're feminist, MGTOW, Nice Guy, a player, or looking for life-long love - mocking peoples' dating profiles is just being a dick.

In some circumstances, I would say, whether the target is a man or a woman, it's dangerous. Given that men are 10 times more likely to kill themselves than a woman, I think it's not cool to encourage feminists to do this by doing it to them.

As I would say to Rebecca Watson: grow the fuck up and don't publicly mock people when they put themselves out there no matter what their political persuasion. Politics and personal life are different things - hitting the politics is one thing - mocking the person is bad for that person and bad for us because it gives up a bad name and we don't need that.

Make politics jokes, mock feminist theory, make fun of political correctness, make fun of the most recent Anita Sarkeesian feminist video by pointing out that women have big tits and small outfits in video games but guys keep getting shot in the head, leave peoples' love lives alone - from radfem lesbians to Islamists who want 50 wives to MGTOW's who just want to get it on and move on.

Got it?

This is not cool: http://www.xojane.com/sex/men-going-...t-a-whore-i-am

This is also not cool: http://jezebel.com/5972788/no-one-is...uys-of-okcupid

I don't want a "Bad Luck Brian" who put up a dating profile and said something "horrific" like "I think women should shave their legs" getting stalked and made fun of by a bunch of feminists over his dating profile - so don't do it to them. I kind of doubt that this forum is particularly into that or that they were the ones behind it, but you get the picture. Capiche?

Also, them running around mocking dating profiles makes them look bad. But if you're doing it it makes us look bad too.
    Last edited by Androgen; 03-16-2014, 12:56 PM.
    "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

I agree. Though I'm curious where you get the figure that "men are 10 times more likely to kill themselves than a woman." The highest I've heard for that statistic is 80% of suicides being men, which would mean that men are three times more likely to kill themselves.

Comment

But I just want to add one thing. If you are going to be a dick, it is better to be an excessive one as opposed to one of those humiliatingly small teensy weensy itty bitty little wee ones.
      Last edited by dmschlom; 03-16-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Syme View Post
        I agree. Though I'm curious where you get the figure that "men are 10 times more likely to kill themselves than a woman." The highest I've heard for that statistic is 80% of suicides being men, which would mean that men are three times more likely to kill themselves.
        Yeah, that was a bit hyberbolic because I didn't bother to re-look up the statistic. My point is that society only takes bullying against females seriously which is why people give a crap when all these feminists run around complaining that the internet is "mah-sojanist" and the evidence indicates that men take it much harder. Why it is that for every Amanda Todd there's 4-5 dead teen boys but the media is only going to complain about Amanda Todd.

It's more like 5:1 than 10:1 - it's not 3:1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_...ces_in_suicide
        Last edited by Androgen; 03-17-2014, 02:40 AM.
        "Women are like that they dont acquire knowledge of people we are for that they are just born with a practical fertility of suspicion that makes a crop every so often and usually right they have an affinity for evil for supplying whatever the evil lacks in itself for drawing it about them instinctively as you do bed-clothing in slumber fertilising the mind for it until the evil has served its purpose whether it ever existed or no" - William Faulkner

Comment

It's 4 men to 1 woman suicide rates; after divorce it move to an equitable 11 men to 1 woman. Let's try to keep our numbers appropriate to the ball game shall we, this isn't rape culture after all... though I suppose it won't be long before dating sites will be listed as "threats of rape" or some such shit.
          RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

Women Against Feminism.

Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadizar View Post
            after divorce it move to an equitable 11 men to 1 woman.
            Which is why I'm saying MGTOW shouldn't give the feminists a "justification" to harass men who put up dating profiles. Women don't really care if they're bullied - they know it doesn't affect them for the most part - they've still got breasts and a vagina and there's always someone out there who will do stuff for them as a result. They just complain about it when it happens because it draws attention to them and people give them pity money. Men couldn't draw attention to themselves if they were targeted and harassed for putting up a dating profile if they payed people to pay attention because of systematic cultural misandry and the idolization of women.

A man isn't any more or less prone to be sensitive than a woman - men are just prone to hide it because it doesn't produce results. A woman can complain and half of the world will rush to her footsteps - so why hide the emotions? It's better to express them more avidly than they are felt.
            Last edited by Androgen; 03-17-2014, 05:22 AM.

Comment

I love being a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by MGTOW4Ever View Post
                I love being a dick.
                It's really helpful - I'm sure. Lets hope you guys don't target someone vulnerable because we'll look like total asses if they do some sort of self-harm. We look like total asses anyway if you run around bullying women with dating profiles on the internet because, as I said, society likes women and hates men. They really really hate men who don't like women. You do understand these feminists are getting lots of money just off complaining about people bullying them online right? You might as well be funding them. Nobody is going to care much if feminists bully a bunch of guys on a dating site, but they'll be pissed if you do it to women. There's actually a chance they might be upset if they don't have a legitimate reason to target and harass people on dating sites.

Comment

I don't really have a problem with being vocally abrasive. Is picking on dating profiles potentially hurtful or mean? Yes. Do both sexes do it? Yes. I would say if I still had an online dating profile and a bunch of women made fun of it, it could potentially hurt my feelings-- but I'll live. If a bunch of women picked on a man's dating profile and he did kill himself over it, society wouldn't give a fuck. I ultimately don't see the problem with MGTOW talking shit about women, because women do it to men, and will continue to do it. I don't think that makes men sexist, as though they are going to commit some legitimate crime against women, or hurt them anymore than what women have hurt men in legal means. I'll probably go to the grave confused as to why men come on a men's rights forum and act as if women have never been defended before.

Comment

Originally posted by Class-Punk View Post
                    If a bunch of women picked on a man's dating profile and he did kill himself over it, society wouldn't give a fuck. I ultimately don't see the problem with MGTOW talking shit about women, because women do it to men, and will continue to do it.
                    I know society wouldn't give a fuck - which is why I'm saying don't legitimize their acts of doing it to men by doing it to them. I've certainly never said anything about any woman's dating profile - I have no interest in shaming people for being "not my type" or even "not anyone's type." It's one thing to go after peoples' political blogs, vlogs, and propaganda images and things like that - quite another to go after their dating profiles.

I want them to look like real cunts when one of those guys does kill himself. I'm not defending women - I'm trying to get you to not legitimize their acts against men.

I'm not worried about the women - they have crying circles and offering baskets and give speeches about internet mahsojany to convert people to their cause.

Men don't have that shit - society doesn't give a fuck. Men are at greater risk for suicide than women and just as likely to suffer depression - only they don't have any support structures. When you bully feminists on their profiles, they write articles, they give speeches, they get money and converts. Like I said, you might as well just skip it and cut them a check. THEN they turn around and start bullying blue collar guys. You not only help feminism, you hurt men by doing it. I'm not concerned about the women - they're the privileged, supported, and well-funded majority. I'm concerned about the men they're going to do it to and feel "justified" doing it because you MGTOW guys did it.

Rational thought - cause and effect - think sometime.

These guys just put up a profile - they answered questions honestly - and feminists bully them: http://okc-creepshaming.tumblr.com/

Sure, they walked into a trap - but I think it's not a good idea to do the same thing back because someone will get hurt and we'll be able to make them look pretty nasty...

Please understand I'm not trying to white knight for these women. I believe women are much more resilient against bullying than men are. They have social groups to support them and feminists that rally for them. I just think you're feeding them great propaganda and giving them a rationalization to do it to men.
                    Last edited by Androgen; 03-17-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

All I'm saying is this is really good publicity for feminists when major media networks focus on this stuff, and associating it with us is a really sketchy road when it's not really trolling a feminist's political blog or something - but targeting peoples' dating profiles is kind of a really low blow that nothing good can come of...

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-23488550

If you're serious about men's issues - I think targeting personal dating profiles is a really bad road for us. Political stuff, blogs, and things like that are par for the course for online debate/argument/trolling - playing with peoples' love lives and personal efforts to find romantic interests is a nasty tactic and some of the worst kind of PR.

Comment

Originally posted by Androgen View Post
                        It's really helpful - I'm sure. Lets hope you guys don't target someone vulnerable because we'll look like total asses if they do some sort of self-harm. We look like total asses anyway if you run around bullying women with dating profiles on the internet because, as I said, society likes women and hates men. They really really hate men who don't like women. You do understand these feminists are getting lots of money just off complaining about people bullying them online right? You might as well be funding them. Nobody is going to care much if feminists bully a bunch of guys on a dating site, but they'll be pissed if you do it to women. There's actually a chance they might be upset if they don't have a legitimate reason to target and harass people on dating sites.
                        See I don't want change. I don't care if Feminists win. I don't want the plantation to be fair. I want the plantation so broken everyone avoids it. I am a bit of an anarchist and maybe I just rather see the whole thing burn.

Comment

Androgen, I do agree with you certainly. While I often find women's dating profiles ridiculous - especially those of the single moms - I don't see much gain in the public ridiculing of them....albeit sometimes it's funny, and often it's true.

Still, MGTOW4Ever's anarchism does sometimes have appeal...more and more as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePawofRizzo View Post
                            Androgen, I do agree with you certainly. While I often find women's dating profiles ridiculous - especially those of the single moms - I don't see much gain in the public ridiculing of them....albeit sometimes it's funny, and often it's true.

Still, MGTOW4Ever's anarchism does sometimes have appeal...more and more as time goes on.

That's the spirit.. Changing the system is by default the definition of insanity = "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". I am a firm believer that some times you need to hit rock bottom before you realize you have a problem. Having Society collapse is maybe the rock bottom that we need.

Comment

I recently had a feminist on another forum say "You sound like a troll and misogynistic asshole."

My reply was, "You sound like an MRA."

Obviously they have no clue of MGTOW but there's really a broad art to picking on these people's ignorant beliefs.

Comment

Working...
                              X