Feminists and Traditionalists both thrive with the myth of misogyny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feminists and Traditionalists both thrive with the myth of misogyny

Here is something I suddenly realised not too long ago that the myth of misogyny perpetuates both Traditionalist and Feminist ideologies, it was just a regular day and I was watching the Simpsons, and I was trying to figure out of the show I was watching was Feminist or Traditionalist (I'm still not sure about this part, though), as Feminism is basically the de jure standard of television I started to imagine how a Traditionalist show would look like and as Marge was asked if she went automobile-shopping with her husband she said she was alone and the car-dealer raised the price of the automobiles, and I was trying to figure out if this was proof of either their Feminism or their Traditionalism... then it hit me, it could still be either.

Here is how the myth of general misogyny (the hatred of women) perpetuates both Feminism and Traditionalism, let's use this same example, let's say that car-dealers genuinely make women pay more money for the same automobiles, here is how the argument would translate to both groups having more legitimacy for their existence.

Feminism: This is proof that the patriarchy tries to keep women down and means that we need more legislation to regulate this discrimination against women.
    Traditionalists: This is proof that women need the protection of men and that men should have to make it their life's work/duty to protect women from all the misogyny in the world that women face unprepared.

Now let's use another ''example'' of misogyny, let's say that women earn less money than blokes do.

Feminism: The wage gap is proof that men oppress women and that the government needs to step in and make sure companies pay women more. (this also means more money for less work than blokes)
    Traditionalism: The wage gap is proof that women should just stay-at-home and should let blokes do all the work, by working we protect women from this discrimination.

It's obvious to note here that both Traditionalist men and Feminist men suffer from ''a few good men syndrome'' (that they believe that all blokes hate and/or oppress women except for them, and their small male friend circle, or maybe even every man they know but will still strawman every bloke as a misogynist) and the Feminist males believe that they're ''the only men who treat women with the respect they deserve'', and the Traditionalist males believe that they're the last few blokes who keep ''Chivalry on life-support'' or ''are the last few virtuous and/or chivalrous men''. Basically the Feminist males simply rebrand traditionalism as ''respect for women'' while still claiming that real, actual traditionalism is ''the patriarchy'' and that chivalry ''is disrespectful towards women'' yet these blokes will still bow to every woman who enters the room, stands up if they're dining, hold doors for them open, Etc.

The myth of misogyny helps both the Traditionalist and Feminist ideologies, Traditionalist women like their Feminist sisters believe that the world is a horrible place that wants to bring them down on the basis that they were born as girls, the only difference is that Traditionalist women beg Traditionalist men for help and support while the Feminists will beg the authorities and corporations to protect them from ''the evils of men''.

Feminism and Traditionalism are 2 sides of the same coin, ¿but what is the edge of this coin? well it's the myth that women are systematically oppressed by every aspect of society, so a woman basically grows up believing these myths, and then can flip this coin to her advantage, X is misogyny, should I ask F to rant about it, or T to get me a strong, handsome bloke to protect me from X. This is also why M.G.T.O.W. is so important because M.G.T.O.W. reject both the prospects of Feminism and Traditionalism, and this is also why both Traditionalists and Feminists view the Manosphere (as we are called) as their common enemy because we shake the beliefs that are the fundament of both their ideologies.

Indeed, very logical analysis

Comment

this has been addressed before they both treat women as these special snowflakes that need as much unearned privileges, lack of responsibility and 'legs up' as humanly possible

the strangest thing i find is when women get treated as a 'minority' ....there's more women than men!
      "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
      Mario Savio

"A single, seemingly powerless person who dares to cry out the word of truth
      and to stand behind it with all his person and all his life, ready to pay a
      high price, has, surprisingly, greater power, though formally disfranchised,
      than do thousands of anonymous voters."
      Vaclav Havel
      'if you want to know who rules you, look at who you're not allowed to criticise' Voltaire

Comment

Working...
      X