"BBW" Why are so many women using this term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "BBW" Why are so many women using this term

As a long time user of the internet I have noticed in the span of the last few years many women online using the term BBW. I know what it means and the other phrases for it like plus size, big girl you get the point. What confuses me about this isn't necessarily that fact that they aren't hiding who they are its that they are announcing it like a badge of honor. Never in a thousands years would a man advertise his weight as the first thing in any forum none the less dating. The few men that do use it to their advantage as a business sense like the Comedian Gabriel Garcia or some rappers. But simply claiming importance or acceptance on your size alone would be ludicrous for a man. Not only do women do this they often in the same breath immediately list the dream man they want from career, skin color height weight. Yet the very beginning of their profiles proclaims sometimes in bold text accept me for a flaw or at least something that was viewed that way pretty recently. I just want opinions on what has been fueling this and it's not just feminism, because since the early 60's they have been screaming I don't have to shave take care of myself nothing, but I should be just as attractive as that super model.

Don't knock it. At least it makes it easier to filter them out of any searches. :-)

Comment

Is BBW the new term for "fat but not morbidly obese"?
      “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
      ― Pythagoras

Comment

To be honest I respect women who openly signal their larger size using the term.

It's far more favorable to those that have photos at odd angles to hide their fat fingers lack of a visable collar bone and the fact that a pair of red LED light flashes on either side of her butt every time she takes a step or two backwards.
        "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx View Post
          To be honest I respect women who openly signal their larger size using the term.

It's far more favorable to those that have photos at odd angles to hide their fat fingers lack of a visable collar bone and the fact that a pair of red LED light flashes on either side of her butt every time she takes a step or two backwards.
          Yeah my point being though why would that ever be desirable and that's what they seem to think. If their not afraid of their weight then just post real pictures and wait for people that don't care.

Comment

From my experience, the dating sites are full of morbidly obese women calling themselves BBW. Functionally fat girls say things like "a little extra padding".

To me BBW means "I'm fat. I'm too lazy to do anything about it, so I've moved on to acceptance."
            I used to think collapse was inevitable. Now I realize it is necessary.

It was only a matter of time before the bicycles realized that they in fact did not need the fish.

Comment

The term is overly used by lazy, musty trollops who typically look like this.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                Is BBW the new term for "fat but not morbidly obese"?
                It's supposed to mean "has a spare tire and still pretty"

Supposed to, anyways.
                The ancient shitposter returns.

Comment

You know, I'm gonna be honest that I find the opposite equally repulsive. You know, people who look like Skeletor's stepmother. Neither sizes or weight are healthy for the human body. If anything, all this fat pride is a reaction to what they like to call impossible beauty standards (which also exist on males but hey, we never hear about male body dysmorphia which is a real, if rarely acknowledge thing). If you ask me, this stuff can certainly be very real and by that I mean having flab=being labelled as 'fat'.

Of course, what started as 'I'm not fat ffs, I'm just not a skeleton' has morphed into 'I'm a fat landwhale and don't tell me it isn't healthy'. So we went from a somewhat rational statement and reasoning to people just basically thinking it's being offensive telling them they are simply unhealthy. I suppose that might just be utter denial from the landwhales mixed with utter fucking lazyness and a lack of desire to improve themselves. Because as we all know, people can be lazy fucks.

Comment

I think the term came out early in the Feminist Movement. Soon afterwards a Magazine "BBW" http://www.bbwmagazine.com/ was on the stand. Not long after that Lane Bryant Plus Size Clothing came about.
                    http://www.lanebryant.com/?sid=PSLB%...n=Google%2BPPC

Lane's hook was understating the size of their garments. So a women's size 30 would be called a 15 (as an example).
                    The idea was that over sized women in the workplace could get stylish clothing and not have to dress in jeans and XX sized sweat shirts which would hold them back in business. (like being kept out of sight from the public) This was part of equal rights/access in the work place back then.

Some of us may remember a remark Rush Limbaugh made about these women.

3. “Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society.”
                    ~Rush Limbaugh, The Rush Limbaugh Show, August 12, 2005
                    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03...mbaugh-quotes/

Then.........sometimes I wonder if Steinem didn't bring Dworkin aboard just to have someone in Feminism like Rush to throw shit back at Rush.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think Leykis said it best: "BBW=Bring Burgers With."

If they say anything above "ample" for their body form with out a picture to prove they are just that, they're off the list.

Comment

This is what BBW looks like:-

936485afaa5f176b2e440e3dc94e79ca.jpg
                        667d1324aec731e251e8c212d8656969.jpg
                        0d6ac8ff52397c135eeb12ccf1a0fa42.jpg
                        dc15069a112fe97ecd96e51da58e3f5d.jpg

This NOT what BBW looks like (Barf bag at the ready):-

fat-women-bbw-singles.jpg
                        Stop slavery - don't marry.

Comment

Thanks tdp. I needed a reason to stay on a diet.

Comment

Oh, I thought BBW stood for "bitter bitchy whiners". The sort of people who flaunt that term for themselves seem to fit that description.
                            Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

Originally posted by tdp View Post

This NOT what BBW looks like (Barf bag at the ready):-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]932[/ATTACH]
                              Well, online anyway it's a term that women that look like the latter use to dupe men into thinking they are the former...So yeh.
                              "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

Working...
                              X