#YesAllWomen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #YesAllWomen

I’m sure everyone has heard already about the Santa Barbara shooting, however; in response to it the #YesAllWomen campaign on Twitter has been launched and people are jumping on it like a fat kid on a snickers bar. I’ve been very offended at what I’ve been reading so I came here to start a discussion about it from the lens of people who are capable of seeing this from other perspectives.

I completely agree that what had happened is horrible no doubt, I investigated Elliot Rodger’s videos and the guy was scary, but, that’s a result of being a severely damaged person. It doesn’t excuse his actions in the least, he’s still responsible for; what is it? Seven people, some of which were men as we all know.

What really pisses me off is how it’s been used as a “You see! You see! Women are the ones who have it tougher! You men can’t understand. Women are under constant threat!” Basically, the confirmations of the feminist victim narrative even though some of the victims are male and that while Rodger expressed plenty of misogyny in his videos; he’s sure as hell as proved himself to be pretty misanthropic.

My next issue is how people are immediately linking this to men’s rights, all one needs to do is visit the page: https://twitter.com/hashtag/YesAllWomen?src=hash to see some people linking their posts with “men’s rights” at the end.

Now that I got that out of my system, I do feel better.
    Last edited by fumingtortoise; 05-25-2014, 11:30 PM.

Originally posted by fumingtortoise View Post
    I’m sure everyone has heard already about the Santa Barbara shooting, however; in response to it the #YesAllWomen campaign on Twitter has been launched and people are jumping on it like a fat kid on a snickers bar. I’ve been very offended at what I’ve been reading so I came here to start a discussion about it from the lens of people who are capable of seeing this from other perspectives.

I completely agree that what had happened is horrible no doubt, I investigated Elliot Rodger’s videos and the guy was scary, but, that’s a result of being a severely damaged person. It doesn’t excuse his actions in the least, he’s still responsible for; what is it? Seven people, some of which were men as we all know.
    As far as I know, he stabbed three men (his room mates), then killed another man and two women with his gun. He also apparently wounded a number of other people, though their sexes weren't mentioned in the pieces I read.

What really pisses me off is how it’s been used as a “You see! You see! Women are the ones who have it tougher! You men can’t understand. Women are under constant threat!” Basically, the confirmations of the feminist victim narrative even though some of the victims are male and that while Rodger expressed plenty of misogyny in his videos; he’s sure as hell as proved himself to be pretty misanthropic.
    They have to keep up their victim status and constantly point to it, especially now that Men's Rights got a little traction in the MSM. Also, I would say that talking about how misogynistic he was is missing the mark. He apparently hated women for "what they had done to him", yes. But he also apparently felt a deep disdain and hate against men because he felt that he was better than them, yet they got girls, while he did not.
    It's a hatred for both sexes, so yeah, I would say: It's misanthropy.

My next issue is how people are immediately linking this to men’s rights, all one needs to do is visit the page: https://twitter.com/hashtag/YesAllWomen?src=hash to see some people linking their posts with “men’s rights” at the end.
    He's also been mentioned as having been a high functioning Asperger. Usually that bit gets generalized as "mental disorder", and any criminal behaviour gets linked to it. That it hasn't been mentioned as much as his alleged ties to the MHRM might be an indicator that the MHRM is seen as a bigger "threat" factor to and by the damsels than ASD.
    At any rate, as far as I could make out, the ties to the MHRM are construed from his ties to the PUA community - which, in my PoV at least, has nothing to do with the MHRM at all.

I find this disturbingly ironic especially when there’s plenty of material that has women fantasizing about exterminating men, or encouraging violence towards men.
    Projection, most likely. I find that people ascribing motives about deeds to other people are often telling what they would be doing if they were in that person's position. Which is mostly not at all what motivates the actual person.
    Last edited by Andres; 05-26-2014, 02:21 PM.
    12/12/12 -The day Germany decided boys are not quite human.

Comment

Just saw this on news.com.au. I cant believe they are using this scumbags crime as a platform for their BS professional feminist victim-hood.

Talk about having the blood of the victims on their hands for their ideological bullshit.
      Last edited by AussieBloke; 05-26-2014, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBloke View Post
        I've seen this all today, they are using this scumbags crime as a platform for their BS professional female victim hood. Talk about having the blood of victims on their hands. Just pathetic really.
        So get on there and tell them how wrong they are. That's what I've been doing all day.
        I'm So Meta Even This Acronymn

Comment

While I am obviously outraged at the fact that Feminists are trying to put the blame on US, I'm even MORE frustrated by the SPEED with which they turned to bashing us, within HOURS of this story appearing on the national news radar.

I would have guessed that they'd go after us EVENTUALLY, but that the story would have had a few days to percolate around in the media first.

Nope - they're obviously far less interested in mourning for the victims of this tragedy, than they are in using it to further their ideological war with a competing human right's movement. In this regard, calling them scumbags would be too lenient, as these people are lower than scum.

No need to wait until more evidence is made public, no need to calmly take in all the facts and process them fairly and rationally - just hurry up and pin this on a group of people that you have a pre-conceived hatred of. Do it early, so that it's more likely to STICK.
          The Duluth Model is incomplete and outdated; It's time we replaced it with a Superior Model...

Comment

And people wonder why women are labeled as irrational...
            The law perverted! And the police powers of the state perverted along with it! The law, I say, not only turned from its proper purpose but made to follow an entirely contrary purpose!\" -Bastiat

Comment

So where was the kids mother in all of this?

Comment

this guy was in a psychotic state which is by definition a break from reality - his actions are defined by; this to call him misogynistic has no validity

Comment

When your mind is crippled by ideology, you try to fit everything you see into the ideology's narrative.
                  The worlds have shifted.

Comment

I'm glad to see Dean Esmay, Judgy Bitch, et al. hijacking the #YesAllWomen hashtag to drop some truth bombs.
                    The law perverted! And the police powers of the state perverted along with it! The law, I say, not only turned from its proper purpose but made to follow an entirely contrary purpose!\" -Bastiat

Comment

Let's look on the bright side. There's more focus on these attention whores than there is on gun control.

Comment

I'm glad you mentioned this before I did. Feminists have done some crazy things, but this is really off-the-wall.

Comment

The funny thing is also what they're complaining about. Most of it is "street harassment."

Hey, listen, tootses, if being wolf whistled at is the worst you've ever experienced, consider yourselves blessed.

Comment

Am I the last person on Earth who doesn't have a twitter account?

Anyway, I would make the point that Mr Rodger was very explicit in his manifesto about wanting to kill all men to have a chance of being cared about by women.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
                              Am I the last person on Earth who doesn't have a twitter account?

Anyway, I would make the point that Mr Rodger was very explicit in his manifesto about wanting to kill all men to have a chance of being cared about by women.
                              I have been replying to a bunch of people using the #YesAllWomen hashtag and I can tell you for sure that none of them have even bothered reading the manifesto. Nor do they care about the Men who were shot. I have been told at least a dozen times that ALL of the victims were Women.
                              I'm So Meta Even This Acronymn

Comment

Working...
                              X