Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-Men Days of Future Past saves manking by teaching Professor X to respect women WTF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Men Days of Future Past saves manking by teaching Professor X to respect women WTF!

obviously this is about a movie and not a big important thing but I thought I would share it

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/05/x-m...-respect-women

did anyone else see this movie? I didn't really get that impression, I was getting the impression he was doing what he did out of concern for her, not because he disliked women. Do you think this is what the filmmakers intended or is it just some feminist reading too much into things?

Bullshit. His problem was not with women, but people in general. He is well intentioned and tries to protect everyone he can, but his methods are not always the best.

It's easy to see this as an issue with women when you focus exclusively on the way he treats women. Also, it's funny how the author of the article apparently blames everything on Xavier trying to control Raven, while exempting Raven from all the responsibility. Typical.
    Last edited by Teraus; 06-09-2014, 05:08 AM.
    The worlds have shifted.

Comment

I went and saw Maleficent -

this movie is pure feminit spin -

men are represented as treacherous ! there is even a symbolic date rape scene where her childhood b/f does the dirty on her and dopes her to snaffle her wings ( cramps her penchant for flitting here there /right to choose ); then the oafs from castle Patriarch come to destroy her paradise but are bilked by the ring of thorns ( feminitism) and to round off the whole line of horseshit the double dealing ex b/f meets his just deserts as Mal is again empowered ( gets her wings back)

n Aurora is not awakening by the true loves kiss of the itinerary Prince ( chauvinist on the hoof) it is the true love of Mal that awakens her and I guess Mal n Aurora flit off to the woods to share a very fulfilling relationship without men

Comment

by trying to portray this as a sexism Issue rather than treating Individuals as Individuals they not only missed the entire point of the X-men but Inadvertently said something else which I doubt they Intended.

It’s hard not to notice that Magneto has taken with him all the female mutants and mutants of color… while Charles is left there with three white male mutants.
        But Professor X is responsible for training the X-Men, responsible for most of the peaceful interactions between mutants and humans, responsible for teaching countless youths how to handle and live with their abilities.
        that's right Xavier and those Three white men built a Team dedicated to working towards peaceful resolution, while Magneto and those women and minorities became Terrorists working towards eliminating mankind and plots to force everyone into becoming mutants. Racist much?

Actually Magneto and his mutant Brotherhood has always sounded to me a lot like feminism and their constant attempts to feminize everyone rather than working towards peaceful coexistence.
        "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by shaazam View Post
          I went and saw Maleficent -

this movie is pure feminit spin -

men are represented as treacherous ! there is even a symbolic date rape scene where her childhood b/f does the dirty on her and dopes her to snaffle her wings ( cramps her penchant for flitting here there /right to choose ); then the oafs from castle Patriarch come to destroy her paradise but are bilked by the ring of thorns ( feminitism) and to round off the whole line of horseshit the double dealing ex b/f meets his just deserts as Mal is again empowered ( gets her wings back)

n Aurora is not awakening by the true loves kiss of the itinerary Prince ( chauvinist on the hoof) it is the true love of Mal that awakens her and I guess Mal n Aurora flit off to the woods to share a very fulfilling relationship without men

thats not the movie

Comment

Originally posted by astr591 View Post
            thats not the movie
            That is Malificent

Comment

Might as well be.

Comment

I actually enjoyed Maleficent. It was an interesting reimagination of the character. However, the lack of depth of the male characters was pretty annoying.
                The worlds have shifted.

Comment

Re: the OP/Article

What utter bilge.

I want to write more but it's five in the morning and I need sleep.

I can't understand how someone can take Mystique's story of starting as someone fighting for the good of all and descending in to terrorism and try and spin that as a positive role model for all womankind. It just beggars belief. I mean, throughout the whole of that article they miss out one very salient point. Mystique is a killer and those people trying to stop her aren't trying to make her conform to norms, just stop someone getting killed.

Yes, she is told not to be a blue version of herself all the time because, especially in the 1970s, that tends to unsettle people. That's where the analogy really started to took a turn for the worst for me. If you were to assume that she was being oppressed to not show her true self then you must also assume that the metaphor is saying women were unknown to men. Several thousand years of procreation might counter that argument. The mutants are literally unknown in that time period. There is no dialogue and so Prof.X is just trying to keep that secret for as long as he can. That's why he makes people forget, because if they remember they can be a threat to every mutant.

Interesting, with all this control that prof.X has over mystique, he never actually does the one thing that he was born to do and control her mind. You would think that, if the story is all about oppression, that would feature somewhere in it.

Bah! I'm done for the night. I'll end where I started.

What a load of bilge.

Comment

Originally posted by Teraus View Post
                    I actually enjoyed Maleficent. It was an interesting reimagination of the character. However, the lack of depth of the male characters was pretty annoying.
                    Ah yes, well, we don't need to have strong male characters if we have strong female ones. I'm okay with that since it's a film from the lead characters perspective.

Comment

I was hoping for Maleficent to bomb. Hollywood is there biggest fantasy ally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack H. View Post
                        by trying to portray this as a sexism Issue rather than treating Individuals as Individuals they not only missed the entire point of the X-men but Inadvertently said something else which I doubt they Intended.

that's right Xavier and those Three white men built a Team dedicated to working towards peaceful resolution, while Magneto and those women and minorities became Terrorists working towards eliminating mankind and plots to force everyone into becoming mutants. Racist much?

Actually Magneto and his mutant Brotherhood has always sounded to me a lot like feminism and their constant attempts to feminize everyone rather than working towards peaceful coexistence.

interesting way of looking at it

Comment

Originally posted by astr591 View Post
                          that not the movie
                          ' ....that not the movie...' true true

but I digressed to note how movies are used as vehicles for indocrination - this parody of a parody of Sleeping Beauty by the brothers Grimm no longer promotes heterosexual relationships but feminit spin ( feminitism is the theory -lesbiansim is the practice)

Comment

Did you see X men though?

Comment

This is an example of a writer looking for controversy where it doesn't exist.

Although the movie fails the "Bechdel test." If anything you would think that's what feminists would be complaining about.

Comment

Working...
                              X