First person blaming the victim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First person blaming the victim

Has anyone run into first person (not hearsay) accounts of "blaming the [rape] victim"? I'm not talking about forward-looking advice on how to avoid rape; I mean after the rape, telling the victim what she did wrong. The closest I have come is in the Jared Len Cruse case, where his lawyer called the alleged victim a "'spider' who lured men into her web". So OK, except for defendants' attorneys, any references? I realize this is a bit like asking a bunch of feminists where the "good men" hang out, but this group prides itself on realism, so how about it?

Any investigation will sound like victim blaming. However, Adele Mercier is a real class act.
    RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

Women Against Feminism.

Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadizar View Post
      Any investigation will sound like victim blaming. However, Adele Mercier is a real class act.
      I'm not sure what you're getting at with the first sentence. What got me here in the first place was that after the Eliot Roger rampage feminist were coming up with all sorts of vile blame-the-victim quotes from men; not necessarily MRAs, mind you, just representatives of "rape culture". The men were not named nor were the particular sources. I proceeded to try to find them and came up empty. My investigation is not victim blaming; I'm rather trying to show the lack or paucity of such comments in the original. I know I should really should be asking feminists this question, but the one feminist who is still talking to me I cannot alienate for economic reasons. (A couple of feminists stopped talking to be just because I dared to investigate the Eliot Roger quote.)

Your example, while within the four corners of my original proposition, does not "count" for my purposes because the victims being blamed are male. A google search of "blaming the victim" turns up only generalities. A google search of "rape dress slut" led the a page that David Futrelle called "the most odious misogynist bullshit I have seen thus far on the topic of the Slutwalks". Unlike most, he gave a reference: http://3edgesword.blogspot.com/2011/...t-deserve.html . While it does get vile toward the bottom, it still falls into the category of "forward-looking", that is, trying to influence women's behavior in the future, not piling blame on a victim who has already been raped. It is the latter case that I have been trying in vain to find (except when the blamer is the defendant's lawyer); not just with Eliot Roger's victims but for any victims.

Comment

Originally posted by SuiGeneris View Post
        I'm not sure what you're getting at with the first sentence.
        Perhaps he's referring to the feminist insistence that rape accusers be believed whole-heartiedly, to the point that some of them seem to (or actually do) question the necessity of thorough police questioning.
        Your Dawn listens, my Lord! Let all the Aurbis know itself to be Free! Mehrunes is come! There is no dominion save free will!

Comment

if Adele Mercier doesn't count being about the only case of a person actually seriously promoting the Idea that a rape victim was "asking for it" then you are likely out of luck, sorry.
          most often when talking about "victim blaming" what is really being attacked is the entire concept of Risk management http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_management where while no one can completely prevent things like rape from occurring there are common sense things one can do to lower ones risk of being a victim. but no instead of locking the front door we must instead teach blacks not to steal.

other than those about the best you are going to get is looking for trolling on Youtube comments or possibly 4chan, you can also there find pretty much the entirety of rape and death threats as well. doesn't really matter what the content of the video is, you could have one of kittens playing or grass growing and someone will be telling the channel creator to go suck a dick and die.
          "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Jack H. View Post
            doesn't really matter what the content of the video is, you could have one of kittens playing or grass growing and someone will be telling the channel creator to go suck a dick and die.
            Good point.

Comment

Working...
            X