Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Women Against Feminism” – the unfortunate product of the hostile side of feminism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Women Against Feminism” – the unfortunate product of the hostile side of feminism

“Women Against Feminism” – the unfortunate product of the intimidating and hostile side of modern day feminism

Article here. Excerpt: http://www.journal-online.co.uk/arti...le_side_modern

'Writing in the Guardian, feminist blogger Jessica Valenti scorned the anti-feminist movement, calling their actions “a betrayal”. I agree that there has been a betrayal here but this betrayal has been on the side of the feminist movement. The intimidating and hostile nature of certain factions of the modern day feminist movement, including their support of misandry and unwillingness to engage in open debate, is pushing women away from feminism towards communities such as Women Against Feminism.

Contrary to what the members of Women Against Feminism appear to have been told by the unwelcoming misandry-pushing feminists they have encountered online or in their schools and colleges, feminism is and always has been about equality. The problem is that, in the words of feminist writer and Vagenda blogger Grace Chapman, “The crucial argument ‘you’re a feminist if you believe in equality between the sexes’ just isn’t being heard clearly enough amid the noise”.

What you see here is another half assed attempt at damage control.

Their desperation would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic!

The mainstream media are desperately trying to control the narrative, but they've lost. The anti-feminism / men's rights movement is gaining traction. The mainstream media can go to hell.

Comment

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen a feminist use that "Feminism means equality for the sexes" argument, usually with the literal dictionary definition, I'd have a nickel for every single time I've seen a feminist open their mouth or put fingers to a keyboard.

I'd be a fucking billionaire.
      Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesey505 View Post
        The mainstream media are desperately trying to control the narrative, but they've lost. The anti-feminism / men's rights movement is gaining traction. The mainstream media can go to hell.
        That's because of social media and the internet. They can't completely squash their critics anymore. Furthermore, Twitter campaigns like #yesallwomen do vastly more harm than good because they're organic and can't be tightly controlled, so people see it for what it is really is much more easily. It could be argued #yesallwomen did more for Anti-feminism/MRA than feminism.
        As for women against feminism, the feminists need to shut the hell up. It didn't go anywhere until Buzzfeed got wind of it and feminists started whining about it. In fact, the more its attacked, the more powerful it becomes because a movement that's supposedly about equality and advancing women's causes are attacking women who don't agree with them, real progressive there.

Comment

Let's face it; some people still naively believe those lies and consider the radicals to be nothing but a weird fringe movement and not composing the core of the ideology. To them, the radicals are just isolated weirdoes and not the actual leaders.

Comment

This is an interesting thing to be watching, from an academic kind of perspective.

This movement appears to me to be the first real challenge feminism has ever faced. I know the narrative is that women have faced an enormous struggle for basic human rights in the West, but that's really not true. Comparatively, men risked and lost their lives fighting for their rights, each of which was basically handed to women about 50 years later without a drop of blood spilled. Since the 60's at least, any opposition to a feminist ideal withers immediately, and typically by being shamed.

How feminism as a movement responds to the challenge will determine whether it becomes stronger and survives, or whether it crumbles and loses any sort of credibility.

IMO, if the Valentis and Naomi Wolfs and Amanda Marcottes are their voice, feminism will crumble. If moderate feminists prevail, feminism will survive and be stronger and hopefully greatly resemble the values of aVfM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wylie View Post
              IMO, if the Valentis and Naomi Wolfs and Amanda Marcottes are their voice, feminism will crumble. If moderate feminists prevail, feminism will survive and be stronger and hopefully greatly resemble the values of aVfM.
              moderate is a relative term especially in this case since the very core of their Ideology is hate in the form of patriarchal theory. a moderate feminist is more akin to a moderate Klansman you know wears the pointed hood and likes gathering to burn crosses on peoples yards doesn't advocate lynching black people but won't even attempt to prevent their more radical friends from doing so.
              anyone who would willingly accept the title of feminism is still announcing that they believe men to be the source of all evil even if they are against gendercide on the surface.
              "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Its very name is a betrayal of its "definition". We call ourselves MRAs, but we don't bullshit around what the intent is.

Comment

Originally posted by Nateyj11 View Post
                  If I had a nickel for every time I've seen a feminist use that "Feminism means equality for the sexes" argument, usually with the literal dictionary definition, I'd have a nickel for every single time I've seen a feminist open their mouth or put fingers to a keyboard.

I'd be a fucking billionaire.
                  Understatement man. You'd be able to buy a country.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Ginrai View Post
                    Understatement man. You'd be able to buy a country.
                    he could buy the world. which is hilarious because I broken the actual meaning of "feminism" down for them from time to time based upon it root words and it means literally the opposite of equality between the sexes.
                    "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Sadly the WAF's leave guys wondering it they are in one of two camps. #1 "Lay off the Men sister Feminist, cause I want to get a Man of my own". This is pandering to men with the "I'm not like all the others". But whether I am or will turn out to be, I want my turn to have my kids and if it doesn't work out sue for a huge chunk of his estate. Then raise my male sons to be more like my daughters.

The other camp may be more Ideological and have enough wisdom to see what Feminism has done to Men and
                      now that the men are stepping up with a MGTOW and MRM, not to mention the marriage strike, they are willing to step up and say ENOUTH to Feminism.

On those single Mom's who raise their sons to be daughters or as much like them as they can. I listened to one single Grand Mom recently speaking of her little mangina grand son who she has raised for her failure daughter.
                      The lad is 14 now and she wants to send him off to Military School. Really kind of late in the game I'd say.
                      Why not allow him to graduate from high school and look into a division of the service such as the Coast Guard
                      or Air Force where there are loads of support jobs that aren't combat type jobs. He could be around men and learn for himself to pull out of it. But it is sad that after she has "mollycoddled" the boy for 14 years she now wants him to be a MAN.

If women want to be WAF's let the consider addressing this above problem, as the child is father of the man.

Otherwise, someday a growing number of the men may be more like Sheldon of "Big Bang".
                      sigpic

Comment

I think any women's movement that replaces feminism will inevitably try to advantage women as much as possible, but probably not to the same insane degree as feminism. Sure there will be the idealists but the long term character of any large group of people will be determined by the most powerful drives that they all share and therefore of a self serving nature. Like happens in any relationship we are in a power struggle phase with each side trying to have things their own way. Women got off the blocks quicker with aggressive well organised feminism leaving men standing dazed. Now men are belatedly challenging the one sided relationship. I think this struggle will go on for generations, each round bringing us closer to a smooth working relationship and getting less acrimonious. Just like any relationship I guess.
                        Last edited by Lucretian; 08-03-2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Look at least can we go to step one before going to step ten? Things won't change instantly. If we (as a society) can at least do step one properly (stop the demonization of men and accept they got problems too) we'll be better off already. No, it won't be perfect and we'll still live in society where we are at a disadvantage but at the very least, if step one is done properly it mean future generations can slowly go about with step two, then three and so forth.

At the very least, some people are slowly waking up to the idea that men aren't all subhuman rapists and animals (althought certainly some might be, it's a sad fact of life). We're not going to kill off chivalry instantly but things ought to be saner and more stable the moment women stop seeing men as the enemy.

Comment

Exactly mister Pug. Its kinda unfair to get upset at women who are ALREADY rejecting certain entitlements. Feminism is like a narcotic feeling of entitlement and outrage that makes you feel good as long as your not thinking too hard.

These women took the step and got off that narcotic bandwagon and are exposing its ugly underbelly. Stop knocking them down before they even learn to crawl.

Comment

Not sure who you think is upset at WAF but I certainly am not. Of course it's a great thing to happen and I welcome it, but I also want to see it for what it is. But fair enough, maybe there should be some time to bask in the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X