Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are men checking out of the dating scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Ginrai
    replied
    Originally posted by Trustory View Post
    That makes sense.

And Jonesey505, when I said. "He is competitive and charming and girls have always wanted him and before I dated him girls warned me he was a player and used women."
    "He never really did play the field. He never went from woman to woman."

In other words, the women that informed me about him lied, and his true friends that actually knew him told the truth that he was not a player and did not use women and whatever other things the women said about him that weren't actually very true. That and he is just a huge flirt and kept a lot of women in the "friend zone" I guess you could say. So a few rumors were made by these girls that wanted to date him, so a couple tried to tell me he was a player and yada yada but he really was just a flirt and they didn't want me to be with him.
    So they were upset that he friendzoned them? Oh Sweet Irony!

Leave a comment:

• Trustory
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxx View Post
    If a man is hungry in his interaction with women he is beta. If he isn't he is not. It's nothing to do really do with anything else.
    That makes sense.

And Jonesey505, when I said. "He is competitive and charming and girls have always wanted him and before I dated him girls warned me he was a player and used women."
    "He never really did play the field. He never went from woman to woman."

In other words, the women that informed me about him lied, and his true friends that actually knew him told the truth that he was not a player and did not use women and whatever other things the women said about him that weren't actually very true. That and he is just a huge flirt and kept a lot of women in the "friend zone" I guess you could say. So a few rumors were made by these girls that wanted to date him, so a couple tried to tell me he was a player and yada yada but he really was just a flirt and they didn't want me to be with him.

Leave a comment:

• Maxx
    replied
    I am not sure women would really try to purposefully marry a man that is less attractive and they barely tolerate though.That sounds fishy.
    Well just because she marries him doesn't mean he's gonna be the only person she has sex with. She can marry him for his assets. And use his resources to raise the kids of some alpha male she fucks on the side. A celebrity version of this happenend when Woody Allen (beta chump) raised Frank Sinatras (alpha) son who selfish feminist piece of shit Mia Farrow was fucking behind his back.

Heck if a woman fucks around on a beta chump she's only with because of his resources she STILL gets half his shit and the kids in the event of a divorce.

Why not marry a man like the ones you used to have fun with? Idk the only guy I had any no strings attached "fun" with was because he was attractive and I was drunk and frisky. He actually had the most feministy beta male characteristics of any of the guys I dated almost. Maybe. I don't know. Who is to say a beta male is less attractive too?
    Because the ones she used to have fun with don't want to marry her. Marrying them isn't an option that's on table. She isn't 'special' to the alpha male the way she is to the beta.

A beta male isn't less attractive per se. It's NOTHING to do with physical traits per se. It's about how the man in question relates to women.

An alpha male has options and controls his interactions with women.
    A beta male lacks options and is controlled by women with whom he interacts.

If a man is hungry in his interaction with women he is beta. If he isn't he is not. It's nothing to do really do with anything else.
    Okay I am going to google this and try to understand it more. Okay so I am reading stuff like: beta males are less aggressive, might not be as confident, might not carry himself as well, might lack charm.
    okay fair enough...but he could still be hot and so you could have "fun" with a beta male then. Who wants to marry that though? Might be alright, depends on the guy, but doesn't sound ideal of the bat though. lol.
    Alpha males: have more charm, more competitive, owns up to his mistakes but is not apologetic, would never do generic things to impress a girl.
    oh man that sounds like husband material way more than the first one.
    I don't understand fully still. Nope. Sorry guys. I think I'm just gonna let it go I can't make sense of it.
    The theory is based on the idea that women look for a different things depending on if they are thinking long term or short term.

If they are thinking long term...they withhold sex and attempt to dangle the promise of it as a carrot to secure protect provision and increasing commitment from a prospective provider.

If they are thinking short term (sex)...they surrender sexually to men that display alpha traits and qualities.

Women tend to adopt one approach OR the other depending on mood/mindset/age/station in life and a variety of other factors. Of course men that don't know how to navigate their way around these dynamics get annoyed and frustated by their existance.

But take it from me the general theory holds up.

Confusion comes from the idea that guys that are apparently Alpha like say Bill Clinton or Tiger Woods or General Petraeus are as 'alpha' in their interactions with women as they outwardly in their chosen field. And they aren't. Meanwhile a dude running his own T-shirt biz online and spending his days smoking pot on a beach might be alpha as fuck in terms of controling his interactions with women and insure he doesn't make a mess of them as that famous trio did.

Leave a comment:

• Jonesey505
    replied
    He is competitive and charming and girls have always wanted him and before I dated him girls warned me he was a player and used women.
    He never really did play the field. He never went from woman to woman.
    I'm confused.

So basically if alpha males are just players, then why don't you just use that word instead?
    The term alpha male originates from our mammal ancestors, apes and lions and other animals that lived in tribes. In these tribes there would be a leader, the alpha male, who would lead the pack and who would screw any of the women he wanted.

A player is a modern day version of an alpha male. He may not be a leader of men, but he will go from one woman to the next, not within his tribe, but within his social sphere. Both terms are appropriate because they describe the same type of human behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• cam9999
    replied
    Originally posted by Never_Marry View Post
    Have you seen men desappearing from the dating market? At times it seems like there are fewer men at singles events. Then I read these two blogs. It seems that I am correct?

So what is your experience? Are there fewer and fewer men in the dating scene?

Yes, Men Do Leave the Market
    http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.ca...ve-market.html

Guys opting out of the game
    https://badgerhut.wordpress.com/2013...t-of-the-game/
    You should probably get out more and you would know what was happening around you.

No in my experience there are not fewer and fewer men in the dating scene. Staged "singles" events are not a gauge one way or the other because such events will often attract more woman.

Leave a comment:

• salesguy
    replied
    Along these lines, I went to a college football game tonight.
    Normally I indulge in drinking and having a good time. Due to the fact that I had to drive, I didn't drink and I observed what was happening around me.

I saw some women tailgating at the tent next to ours. The most attractive woman there was a 20-something blonde. She was drinking very hard. She was twerking while her friends were slapping her ass.
    Other older women were there drinking whiskey straight from the bottle.
    As the day went on, the beautiful blond began to lose her attractiveness. Her hair was getting messed up and her make up smeared off.
    The older women had no appeal at all to them. They wore no wedding rings, so the thought crossed my mind that they weren't worth having if they were available.
    Also, other attractive young women were there. I could hear them swearing, "F-this and f-that."
    Though they were attractive, their behavior was ugly.

The men at the tailgate were 20ish and they were relatively quiet. The women were running the show.

As a middle aged man, I can see no value in most of the women that crossed my path today.
    I hate to say that.
    For years I thought that women were the fairer sex.
    I overlooked their obvious flaws because that is what I was trained to do.
    The awareness that I have now amazes me. It is like I am seeing reality for the first time in my life.

Leave a comment:

• bigboy83
    replied
    You don't here a lot of women talk amongst a group of guys anymore, and actually the subject of women rally comes up. Of course women are arrogant about it and don't realize it. If a woman here's this, its most likely going to say " I don't need a man" and that same woman is probably on the internet begging a guy to go out with her. To answer the members post, "yes they are"

Leave a comment:

• Fatherless
    replied
    Trustory, you understand just fine. Why would anyway marry a beta when they could marry an alpha? Answer: because there aren't enough alphas to go around, so a lot of women "settle" for betas. The concept is sexual economics, which means scarcity. The thing to remember is that in the pre marriage dating world it seems like 25% of the men get 75% of the women, so somewhere along the way, women are able to "date up" - but when a high quality man is ready to settle down, it's usually with the best women he can find, whatever that means to him. The problem for the bottom 75% of men is that in their 20's they struggle to varying degrees with dating, and in their 30's or 40's end of marrying a women who still has fond memories of all the hot alpha guys she's been with. And the beta husband is always treated as second best, and it effects the relationship.

So, there's a point where a women has had so many partners that it begins to effect her ability to appreciate her current partner. No quality is ever good enough, because she's had it better before. By the time a women has dated, we'll say, to put it fine point on it, 20 guys, it doesn't matter who she's with. She will have dated someone smarter, funnier, more mature, more athletic, more good looking, wealthier, more spontanious, more organized, more educated, more handy around the house, more playful, more focused, more spiritual, more worldly... more more more more

So, as she gets older and her looks fade and she notices she's getting less male attention, she's suddenly in a rush to secure herself a longterm mate, but if she isn't top qualities herself, she realizes that the high quality men she was used to dating don't really want to settle down with her, so she has to settle down with what she considers a lesser quality man, even though in fact it's actually a guy of the same quality as herself.

So, because women are delaying marriage more and more, its making the dating market very unforgiving for the lower 75% of men out there, and even if they do succeed, there's a chance that the women they end up will always have memories of better men.

---------

Anyway, as you can tell, this is a narrative. It explains a lot but not everything, and everybody's first question is "I am alpha? beta?" "I am dating alphas? betas?" And this is where the PUA's have you. They've reeled you in and now you're buying into all their advice, some useful, some not, to try to be or attract alphas. This is a good time to walk away.

But, from a sexual economics viewpoint, yeah, people like Heartiste and Dalrock are amazing. But taking everything they say and seeing how you fit into the story... it's bad news. At the end of the day, the world is a complex place, and all we can say is "this thing happens often enough to mention."

Leave a comment:

• Frosty
    replied
    I've opted out, I keep my profiles active on dating websites in case some unicorn stumbles upon it and messages me, otherwise don't bother reaching out. Women love dating they get to get dolled up and get wined and dined, for me it's just a hassle and expense I don't care for.

Good news, more women for the rest of the guys, 'ave at it!

Leave a comment:

• alcockell
    replied
    I just hate that I was holed below the waterline before I even stood a chance - sounds like.

Still struggling through the very slow healing..

Leave a comment:

• Trustory
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonesey505 View Post
    An alpha is basically someone who plays the field, he goes from woman to woman. He finds it pretty easy to bed whoever he wants. It might be he has a sensitive side and likes kittens, or sunsets or cross-stitch. That doesn’t matter, it’s his player status that makes him an alpha.
    Hmmm...So then what is my husband? Maybe I am biased because he is my husband but I am sure he is an alpha male. He is competitive and charming and girls have always wanted him and before I dated him girls warned me he was a player and used women. He has a nice beard and he is fairly confident. He chose to marry me even though plenty of other girls were after him but we hit it off super well. My husband flirts with every woman ever. If she is 40 he will flirt with her. He doesn't care. He is not a follower and when we were friends or dated he never did generic shit to impress me.
    But the kicker. He never really did play the field. He never went from woman to woman. Granted he got head from quite a few broads but no where near the amount he could have. And it's not like it's hard to be 18 and sexually active when you're good looking so I did my share of fun things too. But he was able to bed whoever he wanted, but he didn't always do it. He still has female friends that he had when he was 18 and I am friends with them as well. He just was never a "player". So does that mean my husband is a beta male because he wasn't ever a player? So basically if alpha males are just players, then why don't you just use that word instead?

Leave a comment:

• Jonesey505
    replied
    Women don't marry alpha males? Whaa?
    Alphas do marry, but only once they’ve played the field sufficiently. They choose who they marry, the woman has no real say in the matter. She’s enamoured with him because he flicks all her switches, of course she’s going to say yes.

There are ladies who turn alphas down, but a lot of them are putty in an alphas hands. I think many women go from one alpha male to the next. I don’t think many women who do this are particularly happy.

I think women like to pretend they’re a lot more savvy than they actually are when it comes to choosing a partner. They frequently end up an emotional wreck after they’ve been dumped by an alpha male, and then they like to play the victim. I like to laugh at them at this point.

And why is there a distinct difference between the two, I don't think I know any men that don't have traits of both alphas and betas.
    An alpha is basically someone who plays the field, he goes from woman to woman. He finds it pretty easy to bed whoever he wants. It might be he has a sensitive side and likes kittens, or sunsets or cross-stitch. That doesn’t matter, it’s his player status that makes him an alpha.

Leave a comment:

• Trustory
    replied
    Originally posted by Fatherless View Post
    Trustory, the alpha / beta thing is kind of a generalization of a lot of phenomena and I don't think things are nearly as clear cut and archetypal as PU aficionados make it out to be. But its helpful to describe complex behavior patterns quickly.

Are women biological automatons that catch baby rabies at 35 and immediately try to infect the nearest man? No. Do they have some sudden pheramonal shift whereby they go from exclusively dating sexy urban cave men to pudgy Dilberts? No.

But how many women reach a point where they say they've had enough "fun" and now it's time to be "serious" and you can't tell me there's a huge priority shift there.

And how many marriages consist of a woman who doesn't really appreciate her husband and a man who just grits his teeth to get through it until the kids are old enough? How many marriages do the women seem to have the attitude that she's higher value so he's got to "work for it?" How many men are out there toiling like a slave to support their family only to be laughed at all the time by their daughers? How many women seem to think that the first thing a man needs to hear when he gets home is endless whinimg and nagging?

To me this is... a normal, "happy" marriage. Its also the dynamic between a woman and a man she's not really attracted to put barely tolerates. In short, a beta.

Nothing like the jerks she used to have "fun" with.
    ahh okay it makes a little more sense now. Needless to say though people need to figure people out more before they marry them so they have at least a good idea they are not coming home to a naggy fat woman. I stay up 3 days a week until 3 or 4 am (those are they days I tend to spend more time on here to pass time) waiting for my man to come home and I am usually nekkid by the time he unlocks the door. He would never come home to bitching. Nor should I when I come home from work either. If people think that's a typical happy marriage they are doing it very wrong. But it is true too many dads are coming home to ungrateful wives and daughters. But my father was never one of them nor would my husband be either.
    I am not sure women would really try to purposefully marry a man that is less attractive and they barely tolerate though. That sounds fishy. Why not marry a man like the ones you used to have fun with? Idk the only guy I had any no strings attached "fun" with was because he was attractive and I was drunk and frisky. He actually had the most feministy beta male characteristics of any of the guys I dated almost. Maybe. I don't know. Who is to say a beta male is less attractive too?
    Okay I am going to google this and try to understand it more. Okay so I am reading stuff like: beta males are less aggressive, might not be as confident, might not carry himself as well, might lack charm.
    okay fair enough...but he could still be hot and so you could have "fun" with a beta male then. Who wants to marry that though? Might be alright, depends on the guy, but doesn't sound ideal of the bat though. lol.
    Alpha males: have more charm, more competitive, owns up to his mistakes but is not apologetic, would never do generic things to impress a girl.
    oh man that sounds like husband material way more than the first one.
    I don't understand fully still. Nope. Sorry guys. I think I'm just gonna let it go I can't make sense of it.

Leave a comment:

• Fatherless
    replied
    Trustory, the alpha / beta thing is kind of a generalization of a lot of phenomena and I don't think things are nearly as clear cut and archetypal as PU aficionados make it out to be. But its helpful to describe complex behavior patterns quickly.

Are women biological automatons that catch baby rabies at 35 and immediately try to infect the nearest man? No. Do they have some sudden pheramonal shift whereby they go from exclusively dating sexy urban cave men to pudgy Dilberts? No.

But how many women reach a point where they say they've had enough "fun" and now it's time to be "serious" and you can't tell me there's a huge priority shift there.

And how many marriages consist of a woman who doesn't really appreciate her husband and a man who just grits his teeth to get through it until the kids are old enough? How many marriages do the women seem to have the attitude that she's higher value so he's got to "work for it?" How many men are out there toiling like a slave to support their family only to be laughed at all the time by their daughers? How many women seem to think that the first thing a man needs to hear when he gets home is endless whinimg and nagging?

To me this is... a normal, "happy" marriage. Its also the dynamic between a woman and a man she's not really attracted to put barely tolerates. In short, a beta.

Nothing like the jerks she used to have "fun" with.

Leave a comment:

• VashValika
    replied
    I clearly said that it was the women who don't want to stand on their two feet. The majority of people would take the easy way out of responsibility and hard work by getting someone else to pay the bills for them if they could get away with it.

I'm from France, and here there are a lots of couple with 10, maybe 12 children. They get government funds for having children, so why work if I can just get a lot of children and put them in front of a TV or video game to keep them occupied? These kids growing up without an education nor role models will grow up to become the troubled youth. The kind who will stab to steal a single cigarette.

Turns out, the social pressure (and it increasingly becomes the legal obligation) put on men to provide for their wifes makes that you can get an instant ticket to live the high life without working. If you're a woman that is. Note that I am quite sure that if men could get away with the same crap you'll have the same problem with men.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X