how to combat endemic misandry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to combat endemic misandry?

The group Wipe out Misandry Everywhere (https://www.facebook.com/groups/misandry/) presents it's 1500+ members with the man hating slogans and memes promoted by feminism.. I believe that endemic misandry needs to be presented for all to see... with the clear message that this kind of sexism isn't funny and is not promoting "equality".

Alas Facebook is only accessible to those who have an account and said group is a closed group. Would it be right to spread their message far and wide for the world to contemplate?

https://plus.google.com/+AngelicaPer...ts/WGmMDeGn3qi
    ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
    (through adversity to the stars)

I don't spend any time on FB, but I joined.

I don't think you can combat misandry any more than you can combat humans needing to breath, unfortunately. It is too ingrained in our culture, and part of the human condition. Men compete with each other, and are nearly always willing to throw other men to the wolves to gain favor of women, wealth, prestige, ect. Far too many men no longer take pride on their gender, and their immediate reaction to disparaging remarks about men is to agree with them.

Comment

So. HOW do we combat endemic misandry?
      The other day was a facebook story about This lady

And while I agree the woman needs a surgeons hand. The comments on facebook totally uncalled for were mostly outrage about boob enlargements being payed for, because of men, (Which they aren't unless medically called for like reconstructive surgery) and that a man probably refused the woman's request because he liked big boobs. (I can't imagine any man getting kicks out of these two)

(In reality, the initial request was denied, she could appeal, but somehow decided to go to the press first)

But what the hell can you do, if you don't act you're damned for letting it slide. If you do act you're like the militant vegetarian who turns any hint of meat out of principle into a political debate.

Which, lets be fair, doesn't combat misandry but probably only makes it worse.

Comment

Well I was thinking more along the lines of what Peter did to undermine the misandrist minister of women's affairs political propaganda. Now I am fully aware of some acrimony between the author of the linked article and some prominent members of AVFM, but what we learn here is that men's forums can be used to coordinate assault on a politician's public platform, that they will be unable to censor without losing face.
        ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
        (through adversity to the stars)

Comment

Working...
        X