My SJW friend, in huge Jian Gho-mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phobos View Post
    So I thought this story was over. My friend took a plea deal for a crime he didn't commit during the height of #MeToo hysteria in a deep blue state with a notoriously showboating Attorney General.
    I guess he won't be able to try to get on with his life, even though he served his time.

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/201...only-11-months
    I don't know if you're still in touch with this guy, but if he wants any advice I'd tell him that he definitely needs to leave the NW. He'd probably have an easier time if he expatriated.

I don't know if he personally pissed off people at "The Stranger" or if they just feel betrayed by being associated with him, but it seems pretty clear that someone there has a vested interest in seeing that he's never able to move on with his life. If he stays in the Pacific Northwest I'm pretty sure this paper will make it their mission to ensure that he's never able accomplish anything. He may be limited here by the conditions of his parole, but I'd be gone the second it was legal for me to relocate.

Just for the record it only took 8 comments in for someone to be comparing this to Cyntoia Brown, which has suddenly become a cause celeb.

Personally I think being free and on the registry is probably worse than being in prison / jail so I don't understand the outrage about him being released when he's actually served what the state requires of his sentence.

In fact, right on the heels of the US government passing a Prison Reform bill I'm reminded how little most people care for rehabilitation and redemption. They just like to label people as "bad" so they can pile on the hate.
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post

I don't know if you're still in touch with this guy, but if he wants any advice I'd tell him that he definitely needs to leave the NW. He'd probably have an easier time if he expatriated.

I don't know if he personally pissed off people at "The Stranger" or if they just feel betrayed by being associated with him, but it seems pretty clear that someone there has a vested interest in seeing that he's never able to move on with his life.
      The judge won't allow him to leave King County. I don't know how long they can force him to stay there. I'll ask next time I talk to him. But he might not even know yet.

I don't know the exact reason for the Stranger's OBSESSION, but I assume it is due to the awful, sick Seattle culture. He was one of them, they might have been complicit in some things, so they're going to be virtue signalling extra hard to try to keep their SJW cred. These people are sick people and it wouldn't surprise me if most of them had skeletons in their closet as big as Matt's or bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobos View Post

The judge won't allow him to leave King County. I don't know how long they can force him to stay there. I'll ask next time I talk to him. But he might not even know yet.
        I asked him. He says he could be stuck there up to three years.

Comment

Just saw an SVU episode in a similar vein:

SVU chooses to pursue a risky "rape by fraud" case involving a con artist who poses as a college admissions director to have sex with the mothers of prospective students.
          https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5901998/
          I dislike the hypocrisy. It's a crime for men to offer women money or actually give women money for sex. But if a woman doesn't get what she thought the sex was going to get her, then it's rape.
          "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
          "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
            Just saw an SVU episode in a similar vein:
            Feminists on Twitter were saying that episode was based on my friend. (Don't know if that's actually true.) And of course they were upset with the way the episode was handled because these Twitter idiots are never happy with anything, even if people are bending over backwards trying to please them.

Comment

Working...
            X