Pushing Women into STEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing Women into STEM

About 35 minutes into this lecture a world renowned physicist inserts a a little mini lecture on discrimination against women in physics.
    before I express any opinion of my own I would love to hear what guys on the manosphere think of it... both ypur first reaction as well as any change of mind after having thought about it...
    https://youtu.be/RwdY7Eqyguo?t=35m18s
    Thanks in advance for any replies.
    ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
    (through adversity to the stars)

Most women don't even need a job.

If they have a career it's an optional thing they do for ego, to feel "equal" and have their own money.

Men don't have such options.

We have to work to not starve.

Sure, I'm all for equal pay, but I don't spend alot of time feeling sorry for women.

Far as I'm concerned they won the lottery at birth.
    Last edited by dubs; 04-25-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post
      Most women don't even need a job.

If they have a career it's an optional thing they do for ego, to feel "equal" and have their own money.

Men don't have such options.

We have to work to not starve.

Sure, I'm all for equal pay, but I don't spend alot of time feeling sorry for women.

Far as I'm concerned they won the lottery at birth.
      That is my experience too. I had the misfortune of "therapy" persuading me to have a relationship with a woman and indeed even though she was better qualified than I, her job was more like a hobby and she contributed practically nothing to the "matrimonial assets".

Comment

everyone marries a hardworking nympho unicorn, but ends up with lazy frigid leech

and then

thinks she was the only one and this time will be different.

there really just having a laugh at us with all the patriarchy wage gap bs

ya really cant blame them, how do ya respect a fool, how do you respect yourself if you do.

what can men really offer women other than there gullibility, and bonded servitude..........psssssst your probably not the greatest guy she ever met but telling you that is easier than a lifetime of work.

imagine if you could get your bills paid for life by umpteen different women just by telling them there great and having sex with them.......might start to see them as disposable utilities that owe you a good living, now mighten ya. would be kinda hard to respect them and care about them huh........would ya really feel bad about taking there house kids and paycheque.........hell no........they were lucky to have ya.there is a million of them looking to give there right arm for a chance.
        Last edited by menrppl2; 04-26-2018, 02:47 AM.
        A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

Originally posted by menrppl2 View Post

imagine if you could get your bills paid for life by umpteen different women just by telling them there great and having sex with them.......might start to see them as disposable utilities that owe you a good living, now mighten ya. would be kinda hard to respect them and care about them huh........would ya really feel bad about taking there house kids and paycheque.........hell no........they were lucky to have ya.there is a million of them looking to give there right arm for a chance.
          Nature gave males a desperate drive for having sex so that they would pursue females in selective competitions. Nature gave females an instinct to keep raising the bar until they've eliminated the incels. Feminists whine about "rape culture" but too hypocritical to acknowledge the "whore culture" of sex appeal abuse that they adopt to get attention (and whatever else they want).

The problem I see is that the male perspective is being demonized and no-platformed in open forums. I was think how a lot of the banter here on AVFM would be denounced as "toxic masculinity" but that's how men do interact. It's just good-natured competition to them... and nothing like the truly toxic underhand libel and hate speech we see from feminists.

gynocentric-arbiters.jpg

Comment

I just think men are foolish to "partner" with someone who holds all the cards, its not womens fault.....really ya got credit them for out matching and out playing and still getting suckers lining up to gamble it all
            A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

It's all part of the game.

You have to be dark triad about the whole thing.

Gynocentrism cuts out a huge portion of the competition.

Guys are scared of divorce court so they don't even try.

It narrows the field to a small portion of men who have all the women to themselves.

Sure, women do hold most of the cards legally.

Just means you have to be better, more cunning, better with people, work harder, plan better, etc.

It's not fair, it's not right, it's bad for the country, it's bad for humanity, but it is what it is.

1950's was "beta communism" where every beta if they could hold a job could have a stable family with a wife who was tied to him economically.

Then the 1970's came "sexual deregulation" and hypergamy.

Where %20 of the men fuck %80 of the women.

And the other %80 of men become incels or mgtows or whatever.

We can call this "the beta rebellion."

Bottom line I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

And acting like it WILL change anytime soon is a disadvantage in life.

It dulls your thinking, gives you hope, makes you believe in unicorns.

The one major victory of the MRM community is the MRM community.

In other words, male-centric spaces where men can communicate with one another without women policing the ideas to their benefit.

And as more and more people find these spaces, it will become more difficult for Twitter/Shitter/Faceplant to "no platform" our ideas.

Even now the red pill is mainstream.

It can only grow and spread.

I have to say that MGTOW is one of the most valuable philosophies I've come across.

For the first time I really enjoy and value my own peace and solitude, I enjoy time away from women rather than being concerned about any "dry spell."

Dry spells are for little kids, grown ass men need downtime, they need time away from women just to hear themselves think.

I still get laid occasionally, I simply don't take financial responsibility for any woman.

Won't sign anything, won't promise anything, won't buy dinner, won't spend a nickle.

If I have kids they'll be born overseas, I may or may not be involved as a parent.

I'm a sire, not a mommy, I don't change diapers, I don't read the itsy bitsy spider, I focus my life on creating, managing and investing value, and wielding that value to the benefit of my potential descendants and those I choose to care about.

My advice?

Don't pray for equality.

Pray instead that you will be smart and powerful enough to overcome all of the biases in life that are against you.

Pray for adversity to hone you, and pray for your enemies as you outflank them.

Gynocentric western culture is dying.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
              Last edited by dubs; 04-26-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I still get laid occasionally, I simply don't take financial responsibility for any woman.
                Won't sign anything, won't promise anything, won't buy dinner, won't spend a nickle.
                Some young women get themselves pregnant deliberately as a "career" move. I would definitely advise heterosexual men to put some sperm on ice and have a vasectomy... I think it would be fun contesting a paternity suit then.

However practicalities aside, the world is changing... inexorably Nature is adapting to the change of globalization and low mortality and so back to the original topic:

Assuming it is true that women in STEM are less valued... why would that be? My suspicion is that they are far more likely in middle age to drop their career and choose to focus on their home life while caring for their last minute single child.

IMO the question is not how to combat prejudice, but whether the prejudice is justified and how to combat the female take-it-easy-ism that engenders it.

p.s. I did on Facebook post to Dr. Warren Farell asking what his opinion is on the discrimination that Dr. Sean Carroll identified, because I suspect he may have insights that identify it as being a disingenuous statistic.
                Last edited by Angelica; 04-26-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I think "justifiable prejudice" is an uphill battle.

Most women will never be as capable, talented and passionate about their professions as the top men (and neither will most men) but it's a hard sell to say "you're not as good so we're going to pay you less."

A certain amount of "progressive egalitarianism" is inevitable if only to assuage hurt feels.

The inclusion of women has always been subsidized at the expense of men.

Men have to do the tough jobs, so that a woman can stamp "job done" on a report and feel like we all pulled together as a team.

But what's the alternative?

It's part of human evolution that women become gradually acclimated to pulling their own weight.

Even if they can't do it now, maybe they'll be able to do it in the future.

In the meantime they still need to pay rent, still need to eat, and at a certain point it's not worth it to split hairs.

So yeah, women should be paid the same as men even if most of them don't deserve it.

Does that serve the interests of "men as a group?"

Probably not.

But some men have daughters, wives and every man has a mother, so it ultimately "trickles down" and comes back to benefit men.

And more importantly govt need the tax revenue of "equality."

If women earn less, govt can't get the full taxes out of them.

Comment

I think "justifiable prejudice" is an uphill battle....
                    IKR.. so what I see as the alternative route to equality is that men spend more time on home family and leisure pursuits... Next time the boss tells U on Friday night that the job needs to be done by monday... tell him/her that you are taking your son fishing (or whatever) and that some of the female staff deserve a chance to do over time.

Comment

my daughter is in stem, shes not seeing the predjudice

she thinks its funny every story on tv is a girl saying "ppl said I couldn't do it b/c im a girl".........she says nobody ever told me that

my impression of the physicist talking about discrimination is he is a white knight mangina with funding to think of so he'll dance to any tune the organ grinder wants him too.

and I doubt there will be equal physicists in the future, there are to many career women saying feminism lied to us, we were happier in the home raising our kids. if I know them, then they aren't a small group
                      Last edited by menrppl2; 04-27-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

she thinks its funny every story on tv is a girl saying "ppl said I couldn't do it b/c im a girl".........she says nobody ever told me that

my impression of the physicist talking about discrimination is he is a white knight mangina with funding to think of so he'll dance to any tune the organ grinder wants him too.

and I doubt there will be equal physicists in the future, there are to many career women saying feminism lied to us, we were happier in the home raising our kids. if I know them, then they aren't a small group
                        I used to work in the IT industry and there was a very pronounced pro-female bias... to the extent than if there was even just one female candidate for recruitment or promotion the males might as well not bother applying. I agree with your view on the white-knighting Dr. Carroll (whose wife is apparently also a a theoretical physicist) but presumably he did refer to a proper peer reviewed study, so I was hoping someone like Dr Farell would know more about the actual facts of such alleged discrimination, as the wage gap in particular looked very significant sex difference :/

Comment

Precisely this. I'd be willing to bet that 90+% of women who've gone into STEM fields in the last 20 or so years have never been told they couldn't do it. If anything I'd imagine most of them received a level of encouragement to continue that would make their male peers' eyes pop out of their sockets.

As passe as the term is becoming, the Physicist is just virtue signaling. "Look how much I care.....about this imagined problem. I must be a good person".

Most women don't want science and tech jobs. The ones who do, on average do better than the average male. Whether that's because they work harder or because the way is smoothed for them, I couldn't say, but I think most women claiming discrimination are either;
                          1.) Counting women and men and assuming there's a problem.
                          or
                          2.) Avoiding personal development by assuming victimhood.
                          "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
                          "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
                            Most women don't want science and tech jobs. The ones who do, on average do better than the average male. Whether that's because they work harder or because the way is smoothed for them, I couldn't say, but I think most women claiming discrimination are either;
                            1.) Counting women and men and assuming there's a problem.
                            or
                            2.) Avoiding personal development by assuming victimhood.
                            Apparently testosterone has a damaging effect on the communication skills of male vs female and this results in men being more focused on doing the actual job than on talking about it. STEM being typically the kind of work that requires such focus.

However women have many other options while men struggle with those. Thus women have less pressure to apply for STEM work making those who do a more select group than their male counterparts. I think a big problem is the perception of discrimination and of course the study that our virtue signalling professor alludes to really does reinforce that in the minds of feminists who already have chip on their shoulder. :/

Comment

I had a gf that worked sawmill, she said most guys were good saying you did a good job, but, some were sexist and didn't say a thing to ya and a few said straight out you don't belong.. after a lifetime of blue collar work I thought it was hilarious.

the guys telling her she didn't belong or ignoring her were treating her normal, the kiss asses were obviously sexist treating her different.

note to woman,,,,,,,men get told they cant and aren't good enough every fucking day......your just being challenged to pull your weight, and value your spot.

you don't get" good job" until you save some lives, or survive long enough to retire.

guys didn't say good job my first day at the sawmill..................too fucking funny that was.

anyway my point is, I can see how being treated equally and fairly with men, can seem like an oppressive discriminatory belittling hell with little or no recognition.......b/c that's what it is until you prove yourself, and stand up for yourself........and anytime ive seen a woman try, she is coddled comforted and gone easy on

guys said I don't belong, well talk about a welcome matt, only gretzky gets slaps on the back and offered a beer.

maybe try something like, well they give you cheque old man.
                              Last edited by menrppl2; 04-30-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X