• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Yuletide, folks (both of you)

Hi,

just to wish you all a nice celebration of this year's Winter Solstice

M

It's pretty sad how little of an exaggeration this actually is. What happened to everyone, anyway? This place used to rock 24 hours a day, but now we're lucky to get a new post every 2-3 days.
    When a woman says to a man 'IF you really love me you would (INSERT VERB HERE)... 'IF you really love me you should buy/give/take/do X, Y, Z'... That's using...that's testing. And my answer to that is always; 'IF you loved me you wouldn't have asked that fucking question, now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my house.' - Maxx

Asking a feminist about men's rights is like asking a cattle rancher about veganism.

Comment

Hi,

I've been wondering the same thing.
      I fear that some old regulars like Patriarch, Plummer and perhaps also Maxx went away because the forum was infested by pinko commie scum like me, and seeing people banned may have dampened others' enthusiasm. I was about to quit because of one multiposter I found obnoxious. But now even he's gone. Oh, well. Good times, it was.

But that shows that participants came from a variety of backgrounds, and it really takes a common issue or enemy to gather them, and activities to create, and preferably some victories to maintain momentum. And I don't think we had that, other than the ICMI Conference, which was always going to be for the few, not the many. I mean, even those who were "leadership" when I first arrived here, Diane D., Dean Esmay, John something or Other, and a handful more, are not rowing the same boat any longer. And where the leaders go, the followers follow.

And so I, trying to see the big picture, think that Word War Trump stole a lot of energy that would otherwise have gone into sector interests like MRA; I noticed the slump beginning right after he was elected. Kind of a "we won, what now?" feeling. And MRA issues breaking out into the mainstream, also through ICMI, but especially with C. Jaye's "The Red Pill" had some of the same effect, perhaps. That this increased attention also robbed us of the presence of the AVfM leadership, now pursuing new projects, is understandable, but may also have contributed to the Mens' Rights Army (Forum Section) disbanding.

A few of the old regulars have transitioned to the comment section on the mainpage, but that just isn't the same.

Anyhow ... I'm going to pop in from time to time. In the mean time, happy festivities

M

Comment

Merry Christmas, or whatever you celebrate.
        "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
        "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

merry xmas from a front page transitioner lol
          A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

Happy Holidays.

About the low participation... I think the technical problems also have a lot to do with it...

We had have few long periods of time where the forums have being down or just not working right. I think many people just find another website that is actually working and move on to there.

The Trump era is not just a problem for this forum but for the whole "manosphere", that is when people started to talk more about racial issues in US and less about gender issues in the world... I did plenty of warnings at the time on how the "community" is shifting into white supremacy... Looking at the main page I see a lot about circumcision, that is questionable if they are doing it because they are concern about the rights of the boy or it is just a form of antisemitism... have not being so much white supremacy around, this question would have be unjustified...

Sure MRAs feel there was a victory with Trump... gotta ask them... how is that working for them?

For MGTOWs stuff have no really change much... if anything family courts have become more hostile, campuses have become more toxic, corporations have become more political... hence more men are withdrawing.

PUAs have being virtually obliterated... they are pretty much done. But it was a bad idea from the beginning... to have intercourse with a woman and don't pay her for it... what where they thinking?

Anyway... I am having some nice time this holidays, I hope everyone else is having a nice time too.

Comment

Hi,

and Happy Holidays to you, too.
              Yes, technical problems may have turned people off; I'd love to know which other websites they went to, though.

AFAIK CC was chosen as a signal campaign in order to focus energy on one single Men's Issue, instead of spreading the effort, diluting it.
              I don't know by what criteria they arrived at that particular issue; many motives an reason are possible.
              However, the campaign is not about antisemitism; at least not other than against all Semites who perform CC for religious reasons, i.e. both Jews and Arabs, and other Muslims.
              Perhaps others may perceive it to be anti-semittic; if so, the choice was unfortunate wrt. tactics. OTOH MRAs will be smeared whatever they say.
              Personally, I'd have gone for Women's violence against children as my signal issue; there's just no reasonable defence.

Agree with the rest.

And so, on with the booze ... God Jul !

M

Comment

PE mentioned "we need a win" when focus on circumsion came up.

first time I heard it framed as white supremacy, sounds very way out in left field

I can see how it could be winnable with victimized babies and no skin off the nose of women(except oprahs face cream)0

id think it falls on deaf ears of men facing systematic discrimination tho.......in a guys are getting divorce raped and losing there kids and facing jail and killing themselves, and are turning there backs on society and mra are focused on CC
                A man can gain no more respect than by, laying down his life for a woman. And a woman, no more than by, beating down a man. For a man to ask, what is fair and good and true and just, is to offend.

Comment

I hope you're all enjoying the holidays!

Along with the forum's periods of technical issues, I think the proliferation of YouTube content has pulled away a lot of posters.

Comment

I left b/c it went from being about mens rights, to being an ass fucking shithole

Comment

Originally posted by menrppl2 View Post
                      I left b/c it went from being about mens rights, to being an ass fucking shithole
                      What are some examples?

Comment

it would be nice to see it rebuild
                        it was once a good place for discussion, positive and open, enjoyed by many

when I see examples of that I'll be back, as I'm sure others will
                        Last edited by menrppl2; 12-31-2019, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Folks need a battle to fight or they lose interest. When the fight was taken up in larger venues/actors things slow down, e.g. a lot of folks took on our fight. This is a phenomenon across the board and It is cyclical IMO.
                          ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
                          virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
                          AVFM Mission Statement
                          sigpic

Comment

What happened to everyone, anyway?

argumentative trannies and commies give people the shits
                            "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
                            "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
                              What happened to everyone, anyway?

argumentative trannies and commies give people the shits
                              Wow ...! Long time no see, Effendi.
                              Hope you are well.

Only two argumentative commies (for a given value of commie, of course) were ever here, and one of them's gone.
                              For a forum that once boasted thousands of members, isn't that ascribing phenomenally more power to individuals than they are due?
                              If you are right, and a few voices that differed killed this forum, then what was it, really?

No, I think I'll go with GOM on this one, and hope he is right.

Happy new year

M

Comment

Working...
                              X